Industrial Deals HPC Design the future with O'Reilly Media Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Kid Galaxy Morphibians Shark
Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on July 21, 2013
I was actually looking for some replacement RC boats for my twin 3.5yr old boys and came across these Morphibians. I purchased the Shark and Gator since they work on different frequencies (thanks to a previous reviewer for pointing out which models operate on each frequency). They are tough to control but they turn on a dime and are fun to drive even in confined spaces. They are relative compact vehicles that work great on flat surfaces although I felt they were a little under powered for other types of terrain. I tried them on sand and thick grass and each of them became stuck almost instantly. Next we tried the water with the Shark and it performed ok. It is not fast and a bit tough to maneuver but it worked. There was no way it was going to make it out of the small creek and onto the rocky shore without assistance though. So a little more power and some deeper treads to push thru the water would have been nice, but overall I am happy with the purchase for my young boys.

I also like the flexible antenna on the remote, I don't have to worry about my boys poking their eyes out.
on February 7, 2014
I tried to buy three morphibians for my children and two of them interfered. The descriptions aren't clear as to their frequencies so I contacted the company and beware they only make two frequencies! This is what they told me.
We manufacture two frequencies (27 MHz and 49 MHz) for all of our radio controlled vehicles.. In order to operate them independently you must have one Morphibian in 27 MHz and one in 49 MHz You are only able to operate two at a time without interference.

Below are the Morphibians styles and frequencies.

27mhz

10125 Gator

10162 Rover

10168 Killer Whale

49mhz

10163 Explorer

10192 Viper

10126 Shark

We love the product but with the ease of making more than two frequencies we were very disappointed that they only make two.
on August 19, 2013
i dont know why there are so many bad reviews on this i did not read reviews when i bought it which is odd for me but glad i didnt i wouldnt have bought it and my son LOOOOVES it! he lays with it every day we have had no isseues with it dieing! and i use cheap dollar store batteries.
☆☆EDIT 2017 4YEARS LATER MY SON JUST FINALLY GOT RID OF THIS THING AND ONLY BECAUSE HES NOW 14YEARS OLD! HES HAD IT THIS WHOLE TIME AND HAS PLAYED WITH IT AND LOVED IT! WE'VE TAKEN IT TO THE RIVER AND THE BEACH! ☆☆
on April 13, 2013
Durable, water resistant, great on batteries, what can I say?

First, the cons, the remote. Now, the steering is a bit strange. Push both joysticks up and it goes forward, push both of them down and it goes backwards... push the left side up and both left wheels on the RC car start spinning, causing it to spin right. Push the left stick down and the left wheels spin backwards, causing it to turn left.

Soooo... the left joystick controls the left wheels and the right stick, the right wheels. The way of turning the vehicle isn't by the front wheels turning left or right, it's by both left wheels spinning at the same time. This causes the vehicle to spin out quickly if trying to turn and learning the controls is definitely going to take a bit of time.

But, my son loves it. Can he drive it properly..? No. Does he love it anyways? Mostly. He does get frustrated. I wish... and this is a long shot, I wish it had both options. A regular remote and a control system for when you're in the water. I understand why the RC car is the way it is, but that doesn't mean I like it.

I would definitely buy it again though. It's speedy, my son enjoys chasing it around while I control it and he's able to play with it alone for a bit before getting frustrated that he can't control where it goes.

I bought it as a beginner RC car for my toddler that can go through a puddle if necessary, as he's a toddler. I really wish the driving was better, but what can you do?
on December 2, 2014
If you have any reservations on getting this, bail on them an just buy it already!

The car is fast, agile, and super responsive. You can take it any where, and no need to wait for a recharge, just swap the AA's after around 5 hours of nothing but continuous use. (aprx time). It is exactly what they say it is and you will definitely get more than your $'s worth. Oh, yes, and it does great on water. I bought three for gifts too.
on July 8, 2013
My friend's 5-year-old son has a lot of fun with this. It seems pretty sturdy, especially for the price. The steering does take some getting used to. The left stick controls the left wheels and the right stick controls the right wheels. To go forwards or backwards, press both sticks that direction. To turn right you press the left stick forward, to turn left you press the right stick.

Unfortunately, the first time he used it in the water, he dropped the controller in after approximately 30 seconds. Unlike the vehicle itself, the controller is not meant to get wet and promptly stopped functioning. I tore it apart, soaked the circuit board in isopropyl alcohol, and it's working like new again.

Given the ages for which this is recommended, the controller taking a bath doesn't seem that unlikely. It should also be water resistant.
on February 21, 2014
We bought 2 Morphibians for my 2 kids and had to choose one on each frequency. We originally purchased the Gator and the Explorer. We noticed immediately that the Explorer did not turn very well or move as quickly as the Gator. We thought maybe we had just gotten a defective one, so we returned the Explorer for a new one of the same model. When we got the new one, it had the exact same problems again. I figured it must be a problem with the model itself so this time we returned it for the Shark instead (another model on the same Mhz as the Explorer). The Shark worked perfectly, exactly like the Gator, and is very similar in style and build to the Gator. It seems to me that the ones built on that same "platform" (Gator, Shark, Frog) seem to work better than some of the bulkier ones like the Explorer. We've been extremely happy with our Gator and Shark Morphibians, the Explorer just didn't compare.
on April 12, 2016
I got the Whale and the Shark for my grandson's (11 and 6 years old), and they love them. They have a small creek behind their house and to get there they have to travel over some rocky and hilly terrain and both of these vehicles can make the trip without crashing or getting stuck. And they think it is so cool that they can "morph" and become a water vehicle and travel up and down the creek. Their Dad and Grandpa enjoy playing with them too! This is one of the best remote control vehicle purchases I have made for them.
on March 1, 2015
my kids are 3, perhaps i got them something over their heads...however it drives like a tank and not an rc car-
tank- both sticks forward to go forward, both back to go back, and one up one down to turn.
rc car- left stick forward back, right stick turn.
plus its really FASTER than i expected, so between the funny controlling and the speed, my boys lost interest quickly, and theyve been sitting for 2 months now unplayed with (i bought 2).
like i said, maybe just my kids and not the product itself- it runs in water just fine, and is a good product, just be wary it takes some time to get used to driving, and if youve got a.d.d. or impatient kids, might skip this one.
on November 23, 2015
This is the 2nd one I have purchased for two different grandsons (for their 4th birthday). I goes in different directions--including forward and backwards, and runs well on land, water, and on different surfaces. They play with this all the time, but stopped playing with the Kid Galaxy radio controlled dump truck and fire truck after just one use because they are extremely limited in the directions they will go and will not back up.
So if you are considering a Kid Galaxy radio controlled toy, go with this one, not the other more limited Kid Galaxy products.