Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM March Birthstone Shop Popular Services GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Shop Now STEM

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$29.99 - $47.55

Showing 1-10 of 416 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 476 reviews
on September 23, 2011
I have been looking for a set of remote cars that I could purchase for my twins. All of those we've tried so far run on the same frequency, so one remote works both cars, and one remote does nothing - very frustrating.

We do not own these Morphibians yet (so please disregard rating - though it's worth 3 stars just that they have two frequencies!), but I did speak with Kid Galaxy customer service (very nice!) and she said they have 3 models that run on one frequency (27Mhz) and 2 models that run on another (49Mhz). So you just need to make sure you purchase models that run on different frequencies and then they'll operate independently.

Gator = 27Mhz
Killer Whale = 27Mhz
Rover = 27Mhz
Shark = 49Mhz
Explorer = 49Mhz

Just thought this might be helpful to anyone else looking for two that can be played with together! I'll update the review once we receive them and have played with them!
1313 comments| 451 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 22, 2012
Bought this for my son's fifth birthday. He was over the moon, we got it out and put batteries in it, and it was completely and totally dead. Devastation. Returned it for another one, since he still really wanted it. So excited when it arrived, but alas also dead. At this point I took the sad five-year-old and the $20 to TRU and let him choose his own present. Super lame all around. Buy from a different brand.
on January 11, 2016
Just the right speed and my 4 year old quickly figured out the controls and drives it all over. Sturdy too!
on July 25, 2014
Daughter loves this car. We like that we can take it outside (in OR weather) and it works perfectly.
on January 11, 2009
I purchased both this Land Shark and the Gator Morphibian Radio Control car for my two kids for Christmas. My son is 4-1/2 and my daughter is 3. They are both able to use the controllers with little difficulty now that they have had more practice. Knowing which knob to push to turn the cars left and right was a little tricky at first but they are getting the hang of it. The best thing is that both kids can use both cars at the same time without any problems with the radio frequencies interfering with each other. These cars are pretty tough and can withstand being driven into walls and each other, driven over ramps made out of stacked up books, and even withstand being flipped upside down. We have yet to try them outside as we have about 10 inches of snow right now! I would recommend these cars if you are looking for something fun for your kids (or husband...mine enjoys playing with them as well). The educational value is not overly high in the traditional sense but these cars do work on visual motor, visual perception and problem solving skills.
on July 21, 2013
I was actually looking for some replacement RC boats for my twin 3.5yr old boys and came across these Morphibians. I purchased the Shark and Gator since they work on different frequencies (thanks to a previous reviewer for pointing out which models operate on each frequency). They are tough to control but they turn on a dime and are fun to drive even in confined spaces. They are relative compact vehicles that work great on flat surfaces although I felt they were a little under powered for other types of terrain. I tried them on sand and thick grass and each of them became stuck almost instantly. Next we tried the water with the Shark and it performed ok. It is not fast and a bit tough to maneuver but it worked. There was no way it was going to make it out of the small creek and onto the rocky shore without assistance though. So a little more power and some deeper treads to push thru the water would have been nice, but overall I am happy with the purchase for my young boys.

I also like the flexible antenna on the remote, I don't have to worry about my boys poking their eyes out.
on October 11, 2009
My niece loved the fact that this RC car was in the shape of a shark and that it could be used in water. She used it for about a week before it stopped working. The batteries get used up extremely quickly, so be prepared for that. The car also is not as all-terrain as advertised. It gets stuck fairly easily. It does float in water, but it is very hard to steer while in the water or even make it move. Be prepared and have something ready to fish it out of the water because it will not be able to climb out of anything by itself.

The remote control is also hard to operate for small children. I was looking for something that my 4-year-old niece would be able to operate, but the way the controls are set up makes it hard to learn how to control it. Overall, I would not recommend this car at all. It is just not durable enough for the young children who would like its shape.
on October 12, 2008
My son received this Christmas 2007. It has gotten use on and off, mostly off. So, it has not been heavily used. Just recently (Oct. 2008) the car wouldn't turn on anymore. Replaced the batteries but that did not solve the problem. I wound up taking the housing off the car and discovered there is a small plastic stem that goes from the on/off switch on the car into some kind of electric transistor gizmo. The stem itself had broken off, and I found it inside of the car when I opened it. It really isn't repairable, unless I could find a whole new switch piece (fat chance on finding that). At this price level, I think something like this should last longer than it did, considering it only got light-to-moderate usage. It was a pretty fun toy, but durability wasn't up to par.
on December 10, 2010
I recently purchased this toy for a charity where you select a child and buy them a toy of their choice. My 6 year old child wanted a RC car and after reading the reviews felt this would be a good toy for them.

I didn't actually play with it because I plan on giving it away but I felt it was important to tell people that the headlights DO NOT work. I called Kid Galaxy customer service and they said they stopped making Morphibians with working headlights.
review image
on July 25, 2013
I was looking for something cheap for use at a pool party we were hosting. Initially I looked at RC boats, these looked like a bit much, especially if anyone was in the pool, because they all seemed fast and pointy.

This inexpensive RC amphibious vehicle works pretty well. It has a simple "tank" style left/right track controller. And drives off the deck into the pool and then continues along in the water. The edge is too tall to drive out, but I wasn't expecting that. Speed in water is not much (1mph?), but it gets the job done and is still maneuverable. My wife controlled it easily and she's not very RC savvy, so usable by all.

I like that this uses AA (3 in body) and AAA (2 in remote) batteries vs. some weird rechargeable Lithium battery. Because it will be used infrequently, I don't want to wait 5 hours while the battery charges.

Two minor dislikes, why I didn't give it 5 stars:
a. packaging - this thing is tied into its package with plastic coated wire which is a bit of a hassle to unwind and unwrap off the vehicle.
b. screw on battery cover - well I guess this is intended for small children, but I'd prefer not to have to fish around for a Phillips with a narrow bit.