Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by us the duo Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Kid Galaxy Morphibians Shark
Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on July 21, 2013
I was actually looking for some replacement RC boats for my twin 3.5yr old boys and came across these Morphibians. I purchased the Shark and Gator since they work on different frequencies (thanks to a previous reviewer for pointing out which models operate on each frequency). They are tough to control but they turn on a dime and are fun to drive even in confined spaces. They are relative compact vehicles that work great on flat surfaces although I felt they were a little under powered for other types of terrain. I tried them on sand and thick grass and each of them became stuck almost instantly. Next we tried the water with the Shark and it performed ok. It is not fast and a bit tough to maneuver but it worked. There was no way it was going to make it out of the small creek and onto the rocky shore without assistance though. So a little more power and some deeper treads to push thru the water would have been nice, but overall I am happy with the purchase for my young boys.

I also like the flexible antenna on the remote, I don't have to worry about my boys poking their eyes out.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on February 10, 2016
I ordered two of these cars on different frequencies, as recommended. I gave the Gator a five star rating, but can't do the same for the Shark. The first one I ordered keeps having a problem with losing contact with the remote. I've changed batteries, operated it inside as well as outside with no interference, and it's still the same problem. It will sporadically stop in the middle of controlling it. You have to walk closer and point the remote directly at the car for it to pick back up. Annoying to me, but my 6 year old seems okay with it. I ordered a replacement hoping I'd get better results, but I couldn't even open the battery pack to install the batteries and give it a try. Due to the mixed reviews already, I decided to stick with the first car. When it works, it is peppy and responsive. It can drive through the rain and puddles, since it can get wet, but doesn't handle grass as well as I hoped. Not bad for the price, though.
on July 25, 2013
I was looking for something cheap for use at a pool party we were hosting. Initially I looked at RC boats, these looked like a bit much, especially if anyone was in the pool, because they all seemed fast and pointy.

This inexpensive RC amphibious vehicle works pretty well. It has a simple "tank" style left/right track controller. And drives off the deck into the pool and then continues along in the water. The edge is too tall to drive out, but I wasn't expecting that. Speed in water is not much (1mph?), but it gets the job done and is still maneuverable. My wife controlled it easily and she's not very RC savvy, so usable by all.

I like that this uses AA (3 in body) and AAA (2 in remote) batteries vs. some weird rechargeable Lithium battery. Because it will be used infrequently, I don't want to wait 5 hours while the battery charges.

Two minor dislikes, why I didn't give it 5 stars:
a. packaging - this thing is tied into its package with plastic coated wire which is a bit of a hassle to unwind and unwrap off the vehicle.
b. screw on battery cover - well I guess this is intended for small children, but I'd prefer not to have to fish around for a Phillips with a narrow bit.
3 helpful votes
on August 29, 2013
My son looooooves his Morphibian Shark! He has tried it in shallow water, on sand, on pavement and all over the house. It's easy to control, zips around well and (my favorite) doesn't dent up the walls and furniture. It's well made, the batteries last a decent amount of time, and it's fun. The fact that they offer two different frequencies is also a plus because he can play with a friend who also has a morphibian (just make sure they are on different frequencies). However, every time his Shark takes any kind of fall (even a short drop) or hits something, the batteries are knocked loose and lose contact so that it won't run! He then has to get the screw driver, open the compartment, push the batteries back into place, and close it back up. That's clearly a design flaw. Ugh! The good news is that we bought an Explorer (which is one of the newer models), and it does NOT have that problem. The battery compartment is comprised of two pieces that close tightly. So, five stars for a great toy, but four overall because of a fairly problematic battery compartment design flaw.
3 helpful votes
on August 7, 2011
Feels good and solid when you open the package. The controls and vehicle don't have that "cheap" plastic feel, but it is a toy. The battery compartment is fairly hard to get in to, but I attribute that to the water tight feature.

When this truck is on land it is quicker than expected for a vehicle designed for both water and land. In water it is harder to control and much slower but it does work. The truck did fill with water quickly when being splashed in the pool or is pulled under by smaller children. The antenna is the weak point and my 3yo picked the truck up by the antenna and it has not worked since.

Overall it is a good toy for older children who can understand how to control it on both land and in water, and who know better than to submerge the truck and controller.
on April 3, 2014
I bought this for my grandson's third birthday because he was always begging to use the older boys' RC cars. He has a couple of toys that have wired remotes and those just aren't as much fun. The body of the Morphibian is nice and sturdy, and best of all it has a wireless remote. At the birthday party, we held this present back until last and it was a good thing we did. He wasn't interested in any of his other presents once he opened this one. He plays with it every day and the older boys are relieved that he doesn't want to play with their more delicate RC cars now. The only improvement I can see is that the antenna could be attached a little better. My grandson started out picking it up by the antenna and we had to reattach the plastic sleeve on the antenna once. We had to tell him once not to pick it up that way, and he hasn't done it since and the antenna wasn't damaged. My grandson loves this toy and is so proud to have his own RC car that works just like the big boys' cars.
on February 23, 2013
My 2 1/2 year old daughter liked my 5 y/o's remote controlled pony airplane. For Christmas I decided to get her a remote controlled car. I was looking for something that was durable and would be easy for her to use. She LOVES this car! It took her about a week to figure out the controls, but now she is a pro at using it. Both girls like to be chased by the car in the house. We have hard wook floors and carpet and the car works great on both. I can't wait to see how it works outside in the summer.

The one thing I recommend doing is buying rechargable batteries for it. It doesn't suck a lot of battery life, but it seems the rechargable ones last longer.
on August 19, 2014
Purchased for my son's birthday. This is my second one is 1.5 months. It is advertised as being "waterproof." The only portion of the car that is waterproof is the bottom 1/2. The top of car is where the battery compartment is and is NOT waterproof. This is ok for driving through puddles but not ok in a bathtub as the promo video shows. IT is hard to try to tell a child they can play with it in the bathtub but not get the top part of the car wet. Very unsatisfied that was advertised as being waterproof. Secondly, the remote control is NOT waterproof. So tell me how you can let a kid play with their car in the bathtub but not get the remote wet. Not a good idea.
The first car I purchased quit working after the battery compartment got water in it. I replaced it with a second car. Within a week the second car quit working on its own. The head lights caps also fell off just being driven around in the grassy yard. This second car was never placed in water. I just think the promo video hypes this car up to be better than expected. I am sadly let down as I really thought it would be better quality than this. Save your money and get something else.
on February 7, 2014
I tried to buy three morphibians for my children and two of them interfered. The descriptions aren't clear as to their frequencies so I contacted the company and beware they only make two frequencies! This is what they told me.
We manufacture two frequencies (27 MHz and 49 MHz) for all of our radio controlled vehicles.. In order to operate them independently you must have one Morphibian in 27 MHz and one in 49 MHz You are only able to operate two at a time without interference.

Below are the Morphibians styles and frequencies.

27mhz

10125 Gator

10162 Rover

10168 Killer Whale

49mhz

10163 Explorer

10192 Viper

10126 Shark

We love the product but with the ease of making more than two frequencies we were very disappointed that they only make two.
on August 19, 2013
i dont know why there are so many bad reviews on this i did not read reviews when i bought it which is odd for me but glad i didnt i wouldnt have bought it and my son LOOOOVES it! he lays with it every day we have had no isseues with it dieing! and i use cheap dollar store batteries.
☆☆EDIT 2017 4YEARS LATER MY SON JUST FINALLY GOT RID OF THIS THING AND ONLY BECAUSE HES NOW 14YEARS OLD! HES HAD IT THIS WHOLE TIME AND HAS PLAYED WITH IT AND LOVED IT! WE'VE TAKEN IT TO THE RIVER AND THE BEACH! ☆☆