Truck Reviews Beauty Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on March 22, 2013
I bought 3 of these for my little girls. I only wish they had mentioned they all run on the same frequency. Any one remote will control all 3 cars at the same time. My girls are little enough that they don't care and love them. The top of the car is a stiff rubber making absorbing impacts easy enough. Uses 3 AA batteries in the car and a 9V for the remote. They have played with them constantly for 3 days now and the cheapy batteries I got are still going showing that the cars don't eat through batteries quickly. Cool little RCs for little ones that haven't learned to be careful with their things yet.
38 people found this helpful
on March 7, 2017
I bought this for my daughter for Christmas, she loves to play with her brothers remote control cars so we got her one of her own that was easy enough to use. She loved it, and my son loved it too until it stopped working. I changed batteries and still it just doesn't work anymore. We only used it maybe 3 times, so its really upsetting. Also the packaging looked a bit wonky, it was just wrapped up in cardboard, no box. Its possible I just got a used one which explains why it stopped working.
4 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 31, 2014
Got this for my 3.5 year old daughter for Christmas. She had played with her cousin's firetruck in this same brand and enjoyed it. She was frustrated by not being able to control her 6 year old brother's more difficult remote control cars so this was my solution. So far, so good. Yes, you need to make sure it is turned off after use or it will continue to inch forward randomly as it sits. You do need to basically follow it around because the remote can't be too far away from it to work. We haven't had any issues with it and I am a tough toy critic. I like how it goes forward and then it goes in a circle to turn. It works waaaaaay better than my son's first r/c car that basically went forward with a touch of a button and back with a touch of a button. That thing was always stuck somewhere. At least you can change this one's direction. I think it is fine for the 2.5-4 age group.
17 people found this helpful
on May 15, 2017
We bought this for our 4 year old daughter, but we had a fun time playing with it as well. If you've used remote control cars before, it takes a little longer to get used to the controls because there is only turn and forward, but our daughter picked it up pretty quickly. The car holds up well even with it going down the stairs multiple times and running into LOTS of things.

I'm not sure if it's just ours or if it's the product, but it has been known to occasionally move on it's own. I kept hearing noises and found it moving around my daughter's room multiple times with the remote sitting alone. Not a huge deal, I would just suggest turning it off when not in use.
2 people found this helpful
on March 9, 2014
I bought this Baja Buggy for my 5 year old AFTER I saw how well the fire-truck version worked for my 3 year old son. My son picked up on it quickly - in less than two days he was able to make the car go where he wanted, and it took SEVERAL spills down stairs and off a couch and continued to work perfectly. My older daughter watched her brother and begged for one for herself so they could play together. She went so far as to switch her birthday request to this car - from princesses to an RC! I couldn't say no to that, so now our hallways are racetracks!

There are NO small parts, it would be VERY difficult for a toddler/Pre-K kid to destroy these cars. They are very sturdily built, but like the descriptions show the plastic isn't ridiculously hard. The plastic has enough give to be forgiving if the cars bash into each other or a wall. There are only two controls - one to spin and one to go forward - so the learning process to drive is fairly intuitive even for younger children. We love them!

Make sure you have batteries ready - you'll need 3 AA and 1 D volt (the rectangular batteries). As soon as this thing comes out of the box, they want to play!
5 people found this helpful
on February 12, 2017
Piece of CRAP! I bought it for my granddaughter for Christmas but she keeps it our house. She has only played with it a few times and it has never worked right. It only works if she stays with in 5 feet of it and it often will not work at all. We have tried brand new batteries 2 times and still seems there is a short or something in the remote. So disappointed in this product. I would NEVER buy anything made by this company again.
3 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 8, 2016
What a hit with my 2 year old granddaughter! She may be a bit young for it, because she hasn't figured out how to use the remote to turn the car, but she knows how to make it go straight. My seven year old granddaughter loves it too. Really a well-built and great toy! I even enjoyed showing them out to use it!
2 people found this helpful
on January 18, 2015
Got this for my girl's 3 year old birthday. Very easy to learn to use with the nice simple controls, perfect for the preschool/toddler. Kind of a battery hog, though, but it's worth it. It's fun to play with, very durable and yet the car is more rubbery than of a "hard" plastic material so it doesn't hurt at all when it runs into your feet/ankles or other parts of your body! That's a plus for me so I don't worry about any sharp or hard parts hurting others when my daughter inevitably runs it into people (or herself!). It's also very stable--it doesn't end up upside down where you'd have to constantly turn it right side up all the time.
on December 18, 2016
Got this for my 3 year old for Christmas. We celebrated today since we will be out of town. The car will only turn. When you hit the forward button the wheels get stuck. It appears a part of the car is rubbing up and keeping from going forward.

Very cheap product. Bought brand new and didn't even get one good run.
on October 29, 2014
It's cute, but that's about it. I want to like it, I really do. My daughter loves it. (3 year old) The buttons are easy, I like that it is soft. It works well on the carpet. But it just doesn't work WELL. We had to send the first one back. It either had a short in it or was possessed..... It would drive itself around while no one was touching the control... Got the second one and you have to be standing within about 2 feet of the thing for it to work. I'm disappointed. I wasn't expecting anything spectacular of course, but it would be nice if she could at least drive it across the room.......