Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on May 15, 2017
We bought this for our 4 year old daughter, but we had a fun time playing with it as well. If you've used remote control cars before, it takes a little longer to get used to the controls because there is only turn and forward, but our daughter picked it up pretty quickly. The car holds up well even with it going down the stairs multiple times and running into LOTS of things.

I'm not sure if it's just ours or if it's the product, but it has been known to occasionally move on it's own. I kept hearing noises and found it moving around my daughter's room multiple times with the remote sitting alone. Not a huge deal, I would just suggest turning it off when not in use.
on March 9, 2014
I bought this Baja Buggy for my 5 year old AFTER I saw how well the fire-truck version worked for my 3 year old son. My son picked up on it quickly - in less than two days he was able to make the car go where he wanted, and it took SEVERAL spills down stairs and off a couch and continued to work perfectly. My older daughter watched her brother and begged for one for herself so they could play together. She went so far as to switch her birthday request to this car - from princesses to an RC! I couldn't say no to that, so now our hallways are racetracks!

There are NO small parts, it would be VERY difficult for a toddler/Pre-K kid to destroy these cars. They are very sturdily built, but like the descriptions show the plastic isn't ridiculously hard. The plastic has enough give to be forgiving if the cars bash into each other or a wall. There are only two controls - one to spin and one to go forward - so the learning process to drive is fairly intuitive even for younger children. We love them!

Make sure you have batteries ready - you'll need 3 AA and 1 D volt (the rectangular batteries). As soon as this thing comes out of the box, they want to play!
on August 5, 2014
Cute, sturdy, easy to use and lots of fun! I got this for my little granddaughter who just turned three two months ago and she loved it right from the start. It is so easy to use, easy to grip for little hands and easy to make go forward and spin in circles. Also if it flips end over end it will right itself and keep on going. It's a very basic little toy for a young child... two and three years old I would say. My 5 year old played around with it for a few minutes and liked it, but he got bored after awhile whereas the 3 year old still finds it fascinating and fun. The wheel remote takes a 9 volt battery and the car takes 3 AAs. So far it's a hit!
on October 29, 2014
It's cute, but that's about it. I want to like it, I really do. My daughter loves it. (3 year old) The buttons are easy, I like that it is soft. It works well on the carpet. But it just doesn't work WELL. We had to send the first one back. It either had a short in it or was possessed..... It would drive itself around while no one was touching the control... Got the second one and you have to be standing within about 2 feet of the thing for it to work. I'm disappointed. I wasn't expecting anything spectacular of course, but it would be nice if she could at least drive it across the room.......
on January 18, 2015
Got this for my girl's 3 year old birthday. Very easy to learn to use with the nice simple controls, perfect for the preschool/toddler. Kind of a battery hog, though, but it's worth it. It's fun to play with, very durable and yet the car is more rubbery than of a "hard" plastic material so it doesn't hurt at all when it runs into your feet/ankles or other parts of your body! That's a plus for me so I don't worry about any sharp or hard parts hurting others when my daughter inevitably runs it into people (or herself!). It's also very stable--it doesn't end up upside down where you'd have to constantly turn it right side up all the time.
on December 18, 2016
Got this for my 3 year old for Christmas. We celebrated today since we will be out of town. The car will only turn. When you hit the forward button the wheels get stuck. It appears a part of the car is rubbing up and keeping from going forward.

Very cheap product. Bought brand new and didn't even get one good run.
on January 3, 2018
Cool first remote controlled car. My daughter has had fun, the only downside is this little buggy is highly sensitive to other radio frequencies...so sometimes it drives itself. Funny yet creepy.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 27, 2017
Great gift for toddler! Got one for her baby brother and she was so excited when she opened hers on her birthday!!!
on February 2, 2013
This is so easy that my 2 year old can not only work it with ease but enjoy it as well and for long periods of time too. It's made well!
on January 19, 2018
This remote control car is junk. I ordered one for my grand daughter for Christmas and it worked for two days so I sent it back and exchanged it and received another one. We opened it and put brand new batteries in the car and the steering wheel and this one worked for maybe 30 seconds then it quit working. Needless to say I sent the replacement back and asked for a refund. I will never order this product again. I only gave it 1 star so that I could write a review.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse