Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Carters Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on March 22, 2013
I bought 3 of these for my little girls. I only wish they had mentioned they all run on the same frequency. Any one remote will control all 3 cars at the same time. My girls are little enough that they don't care and love them. The top of the car is a stiff rubber making absorbing impacts easy enough. Uses 3 AA batteries in the car and a 9V for the remote. They have played with them constantly for 3 days now and the cheapy batteries I got are still going showing that the cars don't eat through batteries quickly. Cool little RCs for little ones that haven't learned to be careful with their things yet.
38 people found this helpful
on December 23, 2015
I bought for my 3 year old granddaughter - what child doesn't love a school bus??? Package arrived in a timely manner and excellent condition. Grampa, after inserting batteries declared toy broken. Grandma read directions and turned off house wi-fi and toy ran perfectly. Granddaughter has been playing with it ever since. Bus is sturdy SOFT plastic/rubber so hurting furniture and ankles that could get in her way aren't a problem.
9 people found this helpful
on May 29, 2016
I ordered three of these - police car, school bus, and pink buggy -- and they all came in the same frequency. That means each remote control affects all three cars if running them at the same time. I called KID Galaxy, and they said they only make them in two frequencies. So why does the second video posted on the product page show kids playing with three cars at once, all independently? Short version: This was a total fail, Kid Galaxy.
6 people found this helpful
on December 31, 2014
Got this for my 3.5 year old daughter for Christmas. She had played with her cousin's firetruck in this same brand and enjoyed it. She was frustrated by not being able to control her 6 year old brother's more difficult remote control cars so this was my solution. So far, so good. Yes, you need to make sure it is turned off after use or it will continue to inch forward randomly as it sits. You do need to basically follow it around because the remote can't be too far away from it to work. We haven't had any issues with it and I am a tough toy critic. I like how it goes forward and then it goes in a circle to turn. It works waaaaaay better than my son's first r/c car that basically went forward with a touch of a button and back with a touch of a button. That thing was always stuck somewhere. At least you can change this one's direction. I think it is fine for the 2.5-4 age group.
17 people found this helpful
on May 15, 2017
We bought this for our 4 year old daughter, but we had a fun time playing with it as well. If you've used remote control cars before, it takes a little longer to get used to the controls because there is only turn and forward, but our daughter picked it up pretty quickly. The car holds up well even with it going down the stairs multiple times and running into LOTS of things.

I'm not sure if it's just ours or if it's the product, but it has been known to occasionally move on it's own. I kept hearing noises and found it moving around my daughter's room multiple times with the remote sitting alone. Not a huge deal, I would just suggest turning it off when not in use.
2 people found this helpful
on August 13, 2015
I bought this for my 2 year old son. It is d simple to use, he has no problem. It also works on carpet, as some do not. I like how it's not completely hard, a few spots are, but most of it is not hard. It's kind of hard to describe, but if I were to try to put it into words, I would compare it to a rubber ducky, soft but kind of still. The material is not of a rubber ducky. So cute, highly recommend!
6 people found this helpful
on March 9, 2014
I bought this Baja Buggy for my 5 year old AFTER I saw how well the fire-truck version worked for my 3 year old son. My son picked up on it quickly - in less than two days he was able to make the car go where he wanted, and it took SEVERAL spills down stairs and off a couch and continued to work perfectly. My older daughter watched her brother and begged for one for herself so they could play together. She went so far as to switch her birthday request to this car - from princesses to an RC! I couldn't say no to that, so now our hallways are racetracks!

There are NO small parts, it would be VERY difficult for a toddler/Pre-K kid to destroy these cars. They are very sturdily built, but like the descriptions show the plastic isn't ridiculously hard. The plastic has enough give to be forgiving if the cars bash into each other or a wall. There are only two controls - one to spin and one to go forward - so the learning process to drive is fairly intuitive even for younger children. We love them!

Make sure you have batteries ready - you'll need 3 AA and 1 D volt (the rectangular batteries). As soon as this thing comes out of the box, they want to play!
5 people found this helpful
on December 18, 2015
Absolutely great for a child's first remote control car. The two-button remote control is easy for toddlers to operate and hold. Batteries are easy to replace and last a really long time in both the car and the remote control. This truck is made of Soft Rubber to help it absorb abuse by youngsters. Seems like a good design feature as he loves to stand on it sometimes but it remains as it is. The only downside is that once this little bad boy gets out of range & you will not be able to control it until you move a little closer. That withstanding, it is still a great product that my 2 year old can control all on his own now.The truck has typical fire truck sounds that are pretty loud but not annoying.
All in all, a wonderful purchase that I highly recommend and am looking into purchasing the rest of the collection as well.
4 people found this helpful
on January 15, 2014
Should be 5 stars..... But this company is so DUMB not to put in an switchable MHZ -- if you have 2 kids, they cannot play with these at the same time because they are all 29 MHz!!!!!! Very frustrating. And their descriptions never tell you this!
---We ended up having to buy the firetruck (49 MHz) and could not return the pink baja car nor this police car because the girls opened and loved them,,,, Until they tried to race,
---also aggravating: the ONLY 2nd vehicle you can get for 2 kids? The firetruck. No other car, no other truck comes in 49 MHz Now that could be great for some kids, but our girls wanted cars.
But that's not worst:
************Worst is the MISLEADING advert for these, the company gives you a video showing several kids at play all at the same time, so we were DUPED. Shame on Amazon for allowing this company to get away with this FALSE advertising,*************

So if you have one kid: these are great little cars, nicely made, easy to run, fun
If you have two kids, watch out for the MHz --- plan to get the firetruck and something else. At $25+/- each, the company ought to provide a better option.
3 people found this helpful
on December 30, 2017
Did some early Christmas shopping in October. Didn't put the toy into operation until Christmas Day. My grandson was thrilled with making the truck go. It was simple enough for a 19 month old to operate. However, that evening the car was found to be very, very hot. It had not been recently used but had been left "on". So hot that a blanket that was under it was cause for alarm. My son went to take the batteries out...regular Energizer AA...tthey were so hot that he could hardly touch them to get them out! Learn from our experience! Don't buy early and don't buy Kid Galaxy products. Not worth the safety risk!!