Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on December 18, 2015
Absolutely great for a child's first remote control car. The two-button remote control is easy for toddlers to operate and hold. Batteries are easy to replace and last a really long time in both the car and the remote control. This truck is made of Soft Rubber to help it absorb abuse by youngsters. Seems like a good design feature as he loves to stand on it sometimes but it remains as it is. The only downside is that once this little bad boy gets out of range & you will not be able to control it until you move a little closer. That withstanding, it is still a great product that my 2 year old can control all on his own now.The truck has typical fire truck sounds that are pretty loud but not annoying.
All in all, a wonderful purchase that I highly recommend and am looking into purchasing the rest of the collection as well.
4 people found this helpful
on March 9, 2014
I bought this for my 3 year old son. My son picked up on how to use the remote quickly - in less than two days he was able to make the car go where he wanted, and it took SEVERAL spills down stairs and off a couch and continued to work perfectly. My older daughter watched her brother and begged for one for herself so they could play together. She went so far as to switch her birthday request to the Baja (pink) version - from princesses to an RC! I couldn't say no to that, so now our hallways are racetracks!

There are NO small parts, it would be VERY difficult for a toddler/Pre-K kid to destroy these cars. They are very sturdily built, but like the descriptions show the plastic isn't ridiculously hard. The plastic has enough give to be forgiving if the cars bash into each other or a wall. There are only two controls - one to spin and one to go forward - so the learning process to drive is fairly intuitive even for younger children. We love them!

Make sure you have batteries ready - you'll need 3 AA and 1 D volt (the rectangular batteries). As soon as this thing comes out of the box, they want to play!
on January 23, 2016
I gave this as a gift to my 2-year-old nephew. He loved it, and was able to use the remote to spin and move the car. He also liked playing with it by hand without the remote control. The soft texture is nice, and seems durable. I gave the tow truck from this company to my other nephew at the same time, and the remotes controlled both vehicles. I don't think the kids noticed, though, and they don't live together, so it's not a problem for us, though it might be for those who want to use several Kid Galaxy RC toys in the same room all the time.
on December 9, 2014
This RC fire truck is okay. It has the two buttons which allow it to either go forward or turn in the direction you want it to go. Our son was a little too young to play with this when we got it for him, but even now he doesn't have much patience for it.

My biggest complaint is that it doesn't drive straight. It takes a wide path in about a 15 foot circle. It does have a drive adjustment on the bottom to combat this, but we've never been able to get ours to drive straight, no matter how much we tinker with that drive adjustment.

If you get this for your young child (1-1.5 years), just keep in mind that they probably won't be able to use the remote on their own and you'll likely be the one controlling it while they chase the truck around. Also, by the time they can use the remote on their own (our son was 2), they will likely be bored of the speed and want something that goes faster and has more functionality.
on December 30, 2017
Did some early Christmas shopping in October. Didn't put the toy into operation until Christmas Day. My grandson was thrilled with making the truck go. It was simple enough for a 19 month old to operate. However, that evening the car was found to be very, very hot. It had not been recently used but had been left "on". So hot that a blanket that was under it was cause for alarm. My son went to take the batteries out...regular Energizer AA...tthey were so hot that he could hardly touch them to get them out! Learn from our experience! Don't buy early and don't buy Kid Galaxy products. Not worth the safety risk!!
on August 19, 2017
The first one I ordered (for my son's 3rd birthday) worked for two days and then stopped working. The last day or so it would randomly start moving without anyone touching the control, which freaked me the heck out. It traveled all the way across the kitchen floor in spurts while the controller was on the counter, untouched. We got a replacement (thank you, Amazon) and the second one wouldn't work at all, straight out of the box. No more chances for this puppy, we're going to try another brand/model of RC car.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on April 11, 2018
It's a good beginning RC for how long it lasts, but I've replaced it one time due to the remote getting stuck on in just after 1 week. My replacement truck after just 4 days once again did the same thing. I'm not even bothering to ask for a replacement, just isn't worth the hassle. I wouldn't be purchasing this again or recommending anyone to purchase it either.
on May 11, 2018
Worked for about 2 weeks, then it started to have a mine of its own. If left on it would randomly move every few minutes. After leaving it on on accident it drove itself, very slowly and randomly, from hallway to sons room, through living room and to front door... very strange. While it worked the range from control was terrible, like 3-10 ft from device to controller. Not 1 star cause son still likes to play with it even with batteries removed it's still a fire truck!
on January 11, 2018
I had to return this product twice and a different Kid Galaxy remote control vehicle because one broke after 3 uses and the other 2 did not work out of the box. The car and remote looked to be perfect for my 3 year old, but the inability to obtain a working product on three different occasions means I will no longer attempt to purchase a product from this company. The first car just stopped working and the other two would only work in a jerky motion when trying to move forward and at times would not respond to the remote control.
on January 6, 2015
I purchased this a gift for my nephew who is almost 2. He could control the remote easily and had a blast driving it around. One of the buttons makes it go forward and the other button makes it turn. It only turns one way so if you hold down the turn button it will spin in a circle. This might be annoying for older kids who are better at driving remote cars but for a 2 year old it was great. The wheels are a hard plastic but the rest of the truck is a softer plastic, like a firm rubber ducky feeling. It helps for little hands to pick it up since they can squish the ladder part and get a good grip. Also the soft plastic is less likely to break if dropped or stepped on.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.