Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on July 25, 2013
I have two other MOrphibians for my children. I have the whale and the Rover. So My grown up baby, AKA my husband, wanted to order another, just to join in the fun. I saw the price of this one, and said, okay,. for HALF THE PRICE, I'll bite.

WELL, what OMG, what in the world. The item arrived, in a plastic bag, dirty,and missing a screw. Yes, I purchased via AMAZON, not a 3rd party retailer. Meaning, " ships and sold by AMAZON". Yep, that's what I mean. Which means, items are new in box, right? WRONG, WRONG WRONG, this item was used, covered in black goo, and looked like, it came from my kids room. That dirty. Gummy, patchy, and with fingerprints, all over.

I was so shocked, to see this. Since I am a AVID, and ultra frequent buyer on AMAZON ( get a package every 2 or 3 days). Seriously. I am a top buyer, I purchased everything for my children on AMAZON. From PAMPERS, DIAPERS, TO the all their furniture. I am a "prime" member, and also a member of AMAZON MOM. So I do love, amazon.

But they dropped the ball, on this one. The frequencies do conflict, but if you are using the controller, it corrects itself. Strange but true, if you are not actively using the controller, any of the morphibiams remotes will make it go. So that will be tricky for a small child. and will require the kids to play in tandem, not together. Meaning, I move, you move. Racing will be nearly impossible.

The off button was jammed, so the darn thing is always on.

I would say, for 20 bucks, GET A NEWER VERSION, of this toy, and spare yourself, some heartache.

here is what I wrote in my return comment:
there was NO INDICATION, that this item, was USED. it arrived dirty, and NOT in original packaging. This was a returned item. and should have been listed as USED.
5 people found this helpful
on February 10, 2014
I ordered 2 Morphibians for my son: "Kid Galaxy Morphibian Viper" and "Kid Galaxy Morphibian Dirt Frog".
While Viper was performing as expected with an OK range, Dirt Frog had some obvious issue with the range. It would only work within a 1-2 ft distance.

At first I thought there is some issue with one of the motors or bad batteries, since it would drag like this is the last 30sec of its life. Changing battering in both the car and the remote did not help.

I returned the item and ordered a replacement. It was the same exact story...
Then I realized that the range was the issue. If you keep the remote antenna within a 1-2 ft distance from the Dirt Frog, then you can enjoy the ride.
Returned again.

One again, the other Morphibian Viper works just fine - no major complains.
I would not recommend this particular model - the Dirt Frog.

BTW Dirt Frog came (twice) in a brown box packaging, not a nice retail box you'd expect to see in a local store.
2 people found this helpful
on March 29, 2014
TRUTH IS - we had one for the 10 year old when he was 5 and it was nearly indestructible - "NEARLY" - so I bought one for his little Brother (but really for my memories)... and it is fun; maybe I will share....
on March 13, 2014
It was a great toy to find under our Christmas tree. The only problem is that after my son played with it for a week or so, it stopped working correctly. The buttons on the remote control got 'stuck' in the on mode, and the battery would drain without anyone having used it. Also, even though it says that it's a morphibian, when it was driven over water puddles, water got into the car itself. My son was very disappointed and wanted to send it back to Santa.
on July 16, 2013
I originally ordered this to give as a birthday present for a friend of my son but when it arrived, my son (who is 11) begged me to let him have it and we would order another to give as the gift. I found this item on sale for around $10 so it is perfect for what i paid. It does go in the water, it does go over small rocks...it does not go very well in the grass but my son has had a blast with it so for $10-it's a great buy!
on January 23, 2014
I like that the controller has auto shut off & antenna is not hard metal. This is the second one we bought, first was for our older boy & we found it to be good quality so we bought the second for the little bro.
on September 23, 2015
Every time this car "bonks" into something it knocks the batteries loose and we have to go get the screw-driver to open it up and push them back in. Pretty frustrating.
on July 29, 2013
This rc car is fun, the one I bought didn't floated for a bit but slowly started to sink, but on dirt it does great because of the 4 wheel drive, I live in the hills and this thing has no problem going up them! great for young ones!!
on May 31, 2013
Product description says: "Now featuring headlight and metalic finishes!"
Not mine. The place where was suppose to be the real headlight is just covered with white colour. I'm so dissappointed! My daughter's birthday is on Monday and I can't give it to her because of the missing headlights. Not enough time to get the new one.
on September 25, 2013
for some reason this color only was on sale for around $12 vs others of same design but different colors were around $19. I wanted to get a free shipping so I looked for toys for my kids and found this item on a sale. technical: the range of this toy is only about 20-30 feet. the antena is held up by a soft plastic and it is not glued so it will come off then you will loose range. you will be able to control 25 feet away to 5 feet away until you stick the antana back up using the soft antena. The controls and speed of the vehicle was acceptable. My kids had fun but the antena falling down was irritating. Overall, I would recommend this item for price I paid for. maybe some clear tape or strong super glue at the base of the plastic where the antena is placed would fix the problem. I would buy again.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question