Other Sellers on Amazon
Kid Galaxy Morphibians Explorer (Colors May Vary)
|Price:||$24.98 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Runs on a frequency of 27 MHz
- Futuristic styling
- Works on pavement, dirt, sand, and in water
- 4 x 4 drive train
- Batteries Required: 3AA and 2 AAA
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
2. Cute design
3. Car uses only 3 AA batteries
4. Remote uses only 2 AAA batteries
5. Will work on water (although poorly)
1. Car is underpowered on land but still fun for little kids
2. Car performs very poorly in water in terms of a snail-like speed but also it takes in water and starts to look like it's sinking. This makes the performance degrade even further when all 4 wheels are completely under water.
3. Antenna on car keeps getting removed by kids, although it can easily be placed back
4. Controls are difficult for kids (and even some adults) as there is no steering wheel. Rather, there are two separate joy sticks, one for each side of the car. If you want to proceed straight ahead, you push both sticks forward. If you want to turn left, then you push the right stick forward, etc.
It's a great bargain, but don't expect it do work well in water.
I'm reviewing before he actually plays with it just to WARN OTHERS about the battery cover. I noticed that every time I hit any small bump or wall while test driving it that it stopped running and would not start again. I opened the battery cover several times and it looked like the middle battery just could not stay in place. After making sure the cover was tightened each time I realized it was a design flaw. I cut out a piece of cardboard (from the box the toy came in) and laid it on top of the batteries, then screwed the cover on.
THIS little Explorer ran like a dream after that and never stopped again. I ran it over every thing I could and all went well. I know my little one will like it now that the "kinks" are out before Christmas Day. I hope this helps others who may have had issues with some of the Morphibians. I would have given it a 5 star rating if not for this one design problem which was easily corrected. Merry Christmas!
An afterthought. I am going to check the safety regarding using the cardboard on top of the batteries but for now it serves as a great temporary fix.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Sucks batteries like mad. Extremely loud in my tiled home. Beginner remote controls should be conservative on power and be rubberized... everywhere.Published 1 day ago by Catherine M. Olsen
My child just received this as a gift for his 4th birthday and he loves it. For the price the quality is outstanding, it took him a little while but he figured out the controls and... Read morePublished 4 days ago by kali langlois
Bought this for my grandson, he's 5 and learned how to use it with no problems. It works great on land/grass/mulch and ok in water except that once the wheels no longer touch the... Read morePublished 1 month ago by TMS
Unfortunately this interfered with a different radio controlled car so the battery drains quickly.Published 1 month ago by E. Byrne
The is a fun toy. My grandson likes to play with it in water and it is fun. The only issue is when playing in water, it stores lots of water in it. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Pinglun
I bought in advance for a gift and passed the one month return policy! The car was used once only . It did not work the first day it was used and I lost my money. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Tanya Henao
It was only used a few times since Easter, but has stopped working. The batteries are not to blame either. Unfortunately we can no longer return it for a refund.Published 3 months ago by Jessica F.