Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM March Birthstone Shop Popular Services _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Paul McCartney Shop Now STEM

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 418 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 453 reviews
on February 7, 2014
I tried to buy three morphibians for my children and two of them interfered. The descriptions aren't clear as to their frequencies so I contacted the company and beware they only make two frequencies! This is what they told me.
We manufacture two frequencies (27 MHz and 49 MHz) for all of our radio controlled vehicles.. In order to operate them independently you must have one Morphibian in 27 MHz and one in 49 MHz You are only able to operate two at a time without interference.

Below are the Morphibians styles and frequencies.

27mhz

10125 Gator

10162 Rover

10168 Killer Whale

49mhz

10163 Explorer

10192 Viper

10126 Shark

We love the product but with the ease of making more than two frequencies we were very disappointed that they only make two.
11 comment| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2011
I got this for my 4 year old son, his friend and my 4 year old nephew and they all love playing wih it. I read a review that talked about how there are different frequencies for the different ones, so I looked for that information when ordering. It was listed in the manufacturer's description and is key if you want two or more to play together.

The Morphibian is very durable and runs over a ton of stuff...we have done snow/ice (though the snow has to be pretty packed obviously), rocks (not boulders), carpet, grass (kind of - it's winter right now), tile and up and over ramps he built (with his Dad and Papa who also had fun). So far the Morphibian is holding up and holding his attention. My 8 year old nephew has had some fun with it too.

I think this is a great toy and really like the durability.

** One thing to note, make sure to keep the straw like thing on the car, if it falls off, the car does not work.
on January 4, 2015
First, this is a much improved version of the old RC cars from when I was a kid. It has tank controls. You need a triple A battery in the controler and double A's in the car itself. It drives well. It's tons of fun. One down side is that it seems to eat batteries. I suggest a large stash of rechargeables for both the double and triple A's. The actual body is pretty tough. It can drive through little mud puddles which my son thinks is SO COOL! Great for an out door area that has rocks and sticks that are small. I don't think you can find a better quality, first RC car.
on February 18, 2016
I bought this for my grandson, who is 6 years old, he loves it! I also purchased rechargeable Energizer Batteries for this vehicle, so we did not go through a ton of batteries, and I am glad I did! This vehicle goes on land and in water! Not just puddles of water, but bodies of water! Very cool remote controlled car that is easy to operate and so much fun!
on July 30, 2015
We got the killer whale and the shark so our 2 1/2 year old twins could run them at the same time. So far, so good. They are both capable of driving them immediately, usually just in circles, but it stays close to them that way. My only complaint is the antenna that just sits in the hole, they tend to want to pack it around by that. However, since the box says ages 5+, that's more my fault.
on October 9, 2016
My son seems to like this toy. We like that it can go in water and on land. It was decently priced (around 12 dollars if I remember correctly). It's not so amazing that he prefers it over other toys per se or will spend hours on end playing with it. But it does get some play and he enjoys it as a whole.
on December 27, 2015
We bought three of these. Two came in brown nondescript boxes. One with a decorated box and clear window. All run great and can run quite far from the controller. Great first remote control car. A little loud but . . . Read your boxes if buying more than one so MHz are different and they can run together. We have shark and gator in one house and killer whale in another.
on February 28, 2016
We got 2 of these for our grandnephews for Christmas. They work great and ran through water just fine. The only problem we noticed was if too close, the controllers contols the other car. I remember reading about this in other reviews, so if you are planning on giving this as a gift, make sure to print out the suggestions! Otherwise a great gift!
on February 7, 2013
I bought this as a get well gift for a friends child. He loves the toy but the product description is incorrect with the type of batteries required. It was frustrating/embarrassing to be on the phone with my friend when she had to raid the TV remote for batteries. This is after I sent 12 AAA batteries for the gift. The correct battery requirements are 3 AA and 2 AAA. The description states 5 AAA and is wrong!
on January 6, 2016
Love this! It is sturdy, easy to control, my 2 year old is having fun on it! He could play with it for an hour, usually he will only play his toys no more than 15 minutes. For those parents looking for first remote control car, this is the one!Morever, I bought this from warehouse deal which is cheaper than original price, good deal!