Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 305 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 335 reviews
on February 7, 2014
I tried to buy three morphibians for my children and two of them interfered. The descriptions aren't clear as to their frequencies so I contacted the company and beware they only make two frequencies! This is what they told me.
We manufacture two frequencies (27 MHz and 49 MHz) for all of our radio controlled vehicles.. In order to operate them independently you must have one Morphibian in 27 MHz and one in 49 MHz You are only able to operate two at a time without interference.

Below are the Morphibians styles and frequencies.

27mhz

10125 Gator

10162 Rover

10168 Killer Whale

49mhz

10163 Explorer

10192 Viper

10126 Shark

We love the product but with the ease of making more than two frequencies we were very disappointed that they only make two.
11 comment| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2011
I got this for my 4 year old son, his friend and my 4 year old nephew and they all love playing wih it. I read a review that talked about how there are different frequencies for the different ones, so I looked for that information when ordering. It was listed in the manufacturer's description and is key if you want two or more to play together.

The Morphibian is very durable and runs over a ton of stuff...we have done snow/ice (though the snow has to be pretty packed obviously), rocks (not boulders), carpet, grass (kind of - it's winter right now), tile and up and over ramps he built (with his Dad and Papa who also had fun). So far the Morphibian is holding up and holding his attention. My 8 year old nephew has had some fun with it too.

I think this is a great toy and really like the durability.

** One thing to note, make sure to keep the straw like thing on the car, if it falls off, the car does not work.
on July 30, 2015
We got the killer whale and the shark so our 2 1/2 year old twins could run them at the same time. So far, so good. They are both capable of driving them immediately, usually just in circles, but it stays close to them that way. My only complaint is the antenna that just sits in the hole, they tend to want to pack it around by that. However, since the box says ages 5+, that's more my fault.
on February 7, 2013
I bought this as a get well gift for a friends child. He loves the toy but the product description is incorrect with the type of batteries required. It was frustrating/embarrassing to be on the phone with my friend when she had to raid the TV remote for batteries. This is after I sent 12 AAA batteries for the gift. The correct battery requirements are 3 AA and 2 AAA. The description states 5 AAA and is wrong!
on September 11, 2014
This was the gift my 5 year old was most excited about last christmas. We can put this in our tub and it drives around great. It drives on our carpet, wood floor, and out on the cement. So much fun! It's a different control then we are used to, you have to push both knobs forward for it to drive forward, if you just press one knob forward, it just turns 1 of the front wheels and goes in a circle. It's a lot of fun.
on May 20, 2014
I feel torn about this car. On one hand the car does well in water. The kids love the fact that they can go into the water and out. However, in the video the cars appear to go a bit faster than real life. These cars do not run well in grass. If your using it on concrete near pool this product is perfect. If your gonna use it in mud, grass and rocks, I'm afraid you'll be a bit dissapointed.
on May 14, 2014
I was really worried about the quality and longevity that this product would have based on other reviews.

I have had a great experience. I bought two and both have worked more than 6 months. We are now using them outside and they do well on dirt and concrete, not so good in grass, but I didn't expect them too do well in grass. I am going to take them in the water when the river is a little warmer... in case I have to fetch it.
on January 16, 2014
Since these morphibians are almost indestructible, they are great for younger kids who want to play like the big kids. I have bought 2 now, one for my own son when he was 2 so he could keep up with his older brother and one for my nephew who is 2. They have been great. My son has had his for almost a year and it is still going strong while every other RC-type toy we have bought is broken. The controls on the remote are a little different, just push both joy-stick-type things forward or backward at the same time to get it to go straight ahead or back.
on September 10, 2014
This is the second one I have purchased for my 5yr old grandson. He loved the first one I gave him when he was four. Easy operations for a four year old. Durable and fun, but sent down too many stairs and off too many landings to endure until his 5th birthday, so I bought him another for his 5th birthday.
on January 26, 2017
This thing was amazing for me. Since I was a kid, I've wanted an RC car that can go over more than just flat linoleum. This thing runs on carpet, grass, concrete, gravel, and even water?? Seriously? The range seemed really good for me, about 1/2 block, the speed was good, quick turns, although it slows as the batteries get old. It seems really durable, too.

Unfortunately, one of my friends drove it into a pool and let it sit upside-down. I think the battery compartment helps keep water out, but isn't 100% waterproof. If it does tip over, just dry it off, take the compartment of and let it air dry.

Note: I got a Mega Morphibian to replace this thing, and I don't like it nearly as much. It feels cheaper, the wheels have no traction, and the remote is light with a flimsy antenna. Stick with this one!