Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 133 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 146 reviews
on February 18, 2014
I bought two of these (the orange Explorer and the green Rover) for my 2 year old and 4 year old. The cars aren't too fast, so I'm not worried about them hurting themselves too much (or my ankles). And even my 2 year has gotten the hang of the controller pretty quickly (two sticks, which independently control the left and right sides) and can hold it comfortably. The cars so far (2 months post Xmas) are still working and seem fairly durable, although my 2 year old likes to pick up the cars by the antennas.

The cars will run on carpet or a hard surface. And they can drive over small bumps and objects pretty easily. The range is pretty small however, no more than 5-10 feet. But I don't mind since it's harder for them to lose the car and it makes them run after the car (some exercise at least).

They require 3 AA for the car and a AAA for the remote. Be sure to turn off the car or the batteries will drain.

The one thing to be aware of is that some models use the same frequency. So in order for both kids to play with two separate cars I ordered two with different remote frequencies.

From the Kid Galaxy website:
Whale 27 Mhz
Gator 27
Rover 27

Shark 49 Mhz
Explorer 49
on September 24, 2015
Read about it being not water proof as seen from video. Open up the toy to check the interior. Handheld controller is definitely not water proof. The car itself is made to be water proof with all components sealed in water-tight compartments within the car body, but the seals are non-silicone, mainly hardened cyanoacrylic glue (superglue) that becomes brittle easy and chips or cracks off. Had all these locations (wires coming out of the water-tight cases) re-sealed with silicone sealant. Also added lithium grease to provide additional protection to the moving axles and to keep them water resistant. Coated the circuit board on the hand controller on one side with clear nail polish, partially on the reverse side, and used lithium grease on the controller contacts to keep the electrical connection. Haven't tried it yet as I just received the toy 2 days ago and worked on the waterproofing/resisting only 1 day ago. Will be testing today (2015-09-25). Update again later. This should keep the little buggy going for a much longer time in water. He gets the hang of the controller immediately. At first he was thinking the controls work like those on most RC cars, with one going left-right, and the other going up-down. This controller works like a tank controller.
Update (2015-09-29)
Tested the car in water briefly on 26th Sep for about 10 mins. No issue. Works great. But there is water intake. Had to let the water leak out from the hole where the on/off switch is located. Still working fine when test yesterday (28 Sep). But battery runs flat quite quickly with normal alkaline. Better to run on high mAh rechargeable or stronger long lasting alkaline cells.
on October 12, 2015
Very nice toy, its small (smaller than you'd expect) and lightweight but boy does it go fast. However the batteries do kill over quickly! We put the car in the pool to test its water capabilities and it did great! The battery compartment is located on top and very well covered and sealed around it so water doesn't penetrate it. Buy rechargeable batteries!
on September 19, 2015
This is a fun Car, however the battery compartment doesn't close properly. When the car runs into something, the batteries are dislocated: It takes time to un screw the compartment and re-position the batteries: I finally taped the batteries in and inserted a gauze pad to hold them tight: I called the toy supplier: They were very nice and said they would send a replacement car: That was a month ago:
Hasn't arrive yet! The replacement car(different model) arrived today - 9/21/15: It has an updated battery compartment and works great. Has a lot of power and handles well.
on January 15, 2017
Cute little car that seems pretty durable. Unfortunately the function of it seems to be really glitchy. I put fresh batteries in the car and the remote but it operates as though the batteries are dying. Kind of intermittent and sometimes it doesn't react at all unless you get the remote right next to the car. Then as soon as the car gets a couple feet away it stops like it's not receiving a signal. Maybe we got a bad one, but I was pretty disappointed in this product as my son's first remote control car.
on December 15, 2013
I am so disappointed in this toy. I thought this was a tough, highly rated RC car that would drive over multiple types of terrain. However, it barely drives at all. First, one has to be very close to the car with the RC unit to get it to drive - maybe a couple of feet from the car, any farther and it won't operate. Second, it usually has a "stuttery" operation. With brand new batteries and on smooth terrain, and with the operator hovering right over it with the RC unit, it will operate smoothly, other than that, the car drives with a jerky motion. Third, the car operates with 3 AA batteries, so the battery life doesn't last long (and FYI, the RC unit operates with 2 AAA batteries). Last, the car struggles to drive even on regular carpet, so we really haven't tested it on much more rugged terrain such as dirt, rocks, mud, water, etc. What a letdown! If I still had the box, this would be going back.
on August 27, 2015
This item was ordered for my Grandson's Birthday under Kathy Cowan's name. I am Jan Whitley and I ordered this product early to make sure my grandson got it on time. He has talked and talked about a morphibian rover. Well he opened it today. I put brand new batteries in it and it worked in the house for maybe 5 min. Since I ordered early I can't return it. I am very very disappointed in this product!!!!
on October 16, 2012
When I bought it I made sure it was on a non-interfering frequency band so the kids could race against the Amphibian i bought a couple weeks prior.. ones 47 Mhz and the other 27Mhz I believe tho both look the same size basically.. The 2yo can't figure out how to control it very well and the 4yo also has trouble with turning it left and right but that doesn't mean they don't have fun with them both.. they love playing with these cars.. i would never recommend driving it in water or even wet grass since it's not really water proof around the hatches.. the other thing I'd recommend is to get some 5 minute epoxy or thick glue and to glue in the antenna lead into it's socket in the car body so kids can't easily pull out the antenna wire.. Aside from that I havent seen any drop in torque or other issues.. i am using rechargeable NiMh batteries in them and they work fine.. the cars can actually do Wheelies if you get going backwards then quickly flip to forward it will lift the front wheels off the carpet a couple inches.. they bang into eachother and the furniture with no problem too.
on April 5, 2015
This was a fun toy for my 6 year old son, until it stopped working 2 months after arrival. He used it in the pool and on the ground, but never submerged it and we were careful to ensure the battery pack stayed dry inside. Despite every avenue we can think of to try and get it working again, it's now already headed to become a piece of trash (which makes the whole thing seem even worse). Still exploring warranty options but I'll be surprised if that works in our favor.
on February 24, 2014
We bought two of these as Christmas presents for our 6 year old twins. I can't stop raving about them. The kids throw them like footballs, hit them with hockey sticks, race them through the grass, and generally abuse them. They are fun to play with for all ages. They are great on batteries and only require 3 AA in the car. The remote batteries last a long time too. Highly recommend for kids from 4 to 8.

Tip: Different models run on different frequencies. If you are getting more than one, be sure to keep that in mind. Different frequencies have made all the difference.