Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on February 18, 2014
I bought two of these (the orange Explorer and the green Rover) for my 2 year old and 4 year old. The cars aren't too fast, so I'm not worried about them hurting themselves too much (or my ankles). And even my 2 year has gotten the hang of the controller pretty quickly (two sticks, which independently control the left and right sides) and can hold it comfortably. The cars so far (2 months post Xmas) are still working and seem fairly durable, although my 2 year old likes to pick up the cars by the antennas.

The cars will run on carpet or a hard surface. And they can drive over small bumps and objects pretty easily. The range is pretty small however, no more than 5-10 feet. But I don't mind since it's harder for them to lose the car and it makes them run after the car (some exercise at least).

They require 3 AA for the car and a AAA for the remote. Be sure to turn off the car or the batteries will drain.

The one thing to be aware of is that some models use the same frequency. So in order for both kids to play with two separate cars I ordered two with different remote frequencies.

From the Kid Galaxy website:
Whale 27 Mhz
Gator 27
Rover 27

Shark 49 Mhz
Explorer 49
on October 16, 2012
When I bought it I made sure it was on a non-interfering frequency band so the kids could race against the Amphibian i bought a couple weeks prior.. ones 47 Mhz and the other 27Mhz I believe tho both look the same size basically.. The 2yo can't figure out how to control it very well and the 4yo also has trouble with turning it left and right but that doesn't mean they don't have fun with them both.. they love playing with these cars.. i would never recommend driving it in water or even wet grass since it's not really water proof around the hatches.. the other thing I'd recommend is to get some 5 minute epoxy or thick glue and to glue in the antenna lead into it's socket in the car body so kids can't easily pull out the antenna wire.. Aside from that I havent seen any drop in torque or other issues.. i am using rechargeable NiMh batteries in them and they work fine.. the cars can actually do Wheelies if you get going backwards then quickly flip to forward it will lift the front wheels off the carpet a couple inches.. they bang into eachother and the furniture with no problem too.
on September 19, 2015
This is a fun Car, however the battery compartment doesn't close properly. When the car runs into something, the batteries are dislocated: It takes time to un screw the compartment and re-position the batteries: I finally taped the batteries in and inserted a gauze pad to hold them tight: I called the toy supplier: They were very nice and said they would send a replacement car: That was a month ago:
Hasn't arrive yet! The replacement car(different model) arrived today - 9/21/15: It has an updated battery compartment and works great. Has a lot of power and handles well.
on August 19, 2015
It's lasted two years so far. Gave it to our son when he was 3 after his older brother got the red one for a gift.

It's run well, they haven't been very gentle with it, so it can take a little roughness.

It seems they get flaws, the red one just broke. The wheels stopped turning, I think a gear broke or something.
on February 4, 2014
Purchased for a 3 year old boy. He loves it. Took to the controls with ease and controls it with no problems or issues. It does a great job over the carpet and hard wood floors and has survived many jumps and leaps down the many stairs. Thou now have to get the dog to like it as he is being chased around by the green monster. LOL!
on August 27, 2015
This item was ordered for my Grandson's Birthday under Kathy Cowan's name. I am Jan Whitley and I ordered this product early to make sure my grandson got it on time. He has talked and talked about a morphibian rover. Well he opened it today. I put brand new batteries in it and it worked in the house for maybe 5 min. Since I ordered early I can't return it. I am very very disappointed in this product!!!!
on December 15, 2013
I am so disappointed in this toy. I thought this was a tough, highly rated RC car that would drive over multiple types of terrain. However, it barely drives at all. First, one has to be very close to the car with the RC unit to get it to drive - maybe a couple of feet from the car, any farther and it won't operate. Second, it usually has a "stuttery" operation. With brand new batteries and on smooth terrain, and with the operator hovering right over it with the RC unit, it will operate smoothly, other than that, the car drives with a jerky motion. Third, the car operates with 3 AA batteries, so the battery life doesn't last long (and FYI, the RC unit operates with 2 AAA batteries). Last, the car struggles to drive even on regular carpet, so we really haven't tested it on much more rugged terrain such as dirt, rocks, mud, water, etc. What a letdown! If I still had the box, this would be going back.
on April 5, 2015
This was a fun toy for my 6 year old son, until it stopped working 2 months after arrival. He used it in the pool and on the ground, but never submerged it and we were careful to ensure the battery pack stayed dry inside. Despite every avenue we can think of to try and get it working again, it's now already headed to become a piece of trash (which makes the whole thing seem even worse). Still exploring warranty options but I'll be surprised if that works in our favor.
on July 15, 2014
I bought this model, as well as the red model for each of my 5 year old grandsons. Once their fight over who got the red car was settled, this car provided hours of fun. The remote works only at fairly close range (okay by me!), and it also worked in water which the boys really enjoyed. A good value.
on December 23, 2011
I bought this for my almost-six-year-old daughter because I couldn't find anything cute that was durable. Her older brothers had them years before and loved them. This one is just as good as the others and so much fun. It really does operate in water and is just overall a lot of fun.
The only con is that it is a little slow but that is actually a good thing at her age.
I highly recommend this to anyone!