Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 134 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 147 reviews
on September 19, 2015
This is a fun Car, however the battery compartment doesn't close properly. When the car runs into something, the batteries are dislocated: It takes time to un screw the compartment and re-position the batteries: I finally taped the batteries in and inserted a gauze pad to hold them tight: I called the toy supplier: They were very nice and said they would send a replacement car: That was a month ago:
Hasn't arrive yet! The replacement car(different model) arrived today - 9/21/15: It has an updated battery compartment and works great. Has a lot of power and handles well.
on October 12, 2015
Very nice toy, its small (smaller than you'd expect) and lightweight but boy does it go fast. However the batteries do kill over quickly! We put the car in the pool to test its water capabilities and it did great! The battery compartment is located on top and very well covered and sealed around it so water doesn't penetrate it. Buy rechargeable batteries!
on August 22, 2017
If you've been looking for a fun, easy to use, sturdy remote control car, look no further. This is the one. I have purchased at least 10 (or more) different remote controlled vehicles for grandkids to play with when they visit, and this is hands down their favorite and mine. I will be buying one more!
on December 15, 2013
I am so disappointed in this toy. I thought this was a tough, highly rated RC car that would drive over multiple types of terrain. However, it barely drives at all. First, one has to be very close to the car with the RC unit to get it to drive - maybe a couple of feet from the car, any farther and it won't operate. Second, it usually has a "stuttery" operation. With brand new batteries and on smooth terrain, and with the operator hovering right over it with the RC unit, it will operate smoothly, other than that, the car drives with a jerky motion. Third, the car operates with 3 AA batteries, so the battery life doesn't last long (and FYI, the RC unit operates with 2 AAA batteries). Last, the car struggles to drive even on regular carpet, so we really haven't tested it on much more rugged terrain such as dirt, rocks, mud, water, etc. What a letdown! If I still had the box, this would be going back.
on August 27, 2015
This item was ordered for my Grandson's Birthday under Kathy Cowan's name. I am Jan Whitley and I ordered this product early to make sure my grandson got it on time. He has talked and talked about a morphibian rover. Well he opened it today. I put brand new batteries in it and it worked in the house for maybe 5 min. Since I ordered early I can't return it. I am very very disappointed in this product!!!!
on October 16, 2012
When I bought it I made sure it was on a non-interfering frequency band so the kids could race against the Amphibian i bought a couple weeks prior.. ones 47 Mhz and the other 27Mhz I believe tho both look the same size basically.. The 2yo can't figure out how to control it very well and the 4yo also has trouble with turning it left and right but that doesn't mean they don't have fun with them both.. they love playing with these cars.. i would never recommend driving it in water or even wet grass since it's not really water proof around the hatches.. the other thing I'd recommend is to get some 5 minute epoxy or thick glue and to glue in the antenna lead into it's socket in the car body so kids can't easily pull out the antenna wire.. Aside from that I havent seen any drop in torque or other issues.. i am using rechargeable NiMh batteries in them and they work fine.. the cars can actually do Wheelies if you get going backwards then quickly flip to forward it will lift the front wheels off the carpet a couple inches.. they bang into eachother and the furniture with no problem too.
on April 5, 2015
This was a fun toy for my 6 year old son, until it stopped working 2 months after arrival. He used it in the pool and on the ground, but never submerged it and we were careful to ensure the battery pack stayed dry inside. Despite every avenue we can think of to try and get it working again, it's now already headed to become a piece of trash (which makes the whole thing seem even worse). Still exploring warranty options but I'll be surprised if that works in our favor.
on September 29, 2015
This was initially a fun toy but stopped working after 2 days. The instructions mentioned that water would get into the body and would need to be occasionally drained but I couldn't keep water out of the battery compartment. Even letting it dry out a few days a replacing batteries did not get it going again. Seems like a toy intended to be used in water would be designed to keep water out of critical components
on December 29, 2013
We live in upstate New York; our backyard water features are frozen over. We haven't tested this in our bathtub like some not-so-smart reviewers.

Deducted one star for the non-illumated headlines, as many others have denoted.

My children are terrors... wonderful terrors. We're on hour 8 of the first set of Eneloop rechargeable. I use AA's in my dayjob (photog & video) and can't believe how long this thing has lasted on its first set of batts.

Fun for kids, fun for adults, it just keeps going.
on November 23, 2016