Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on September 19, 2015
This is a fun Car, however the battery compartment doesn't close properly. When the car runs into something, the batteries are dislocated: It takes time to un screw the compartment and re-position the batteries: I finally taped the batteries in and inserted a gauze pad to hold them tight: I called the toy supplier: They were very nice and said they would send a replacement car: That was a month ago:
Hasn't arrive yet! The replacement car(different model) arrived today - 9/21/15: It has an updated battery compartment and works great. Has a lot of power and handles well.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on December 15, 2013
I am so disappointed in this toy. I thought this was a tough, highly rated RC car that would drive over multiple types of terrain. However, it barely drives at all. First, one has to be very close to the car with the RC unit to get it to drive - maybe a couple of feet from the car, any farther and it won't operate. Second, it usually has a "stuttery" operation. With brand new batteries and on smooth terrain, and with the operator hovering right over it with the RC unit, it will operate smoothly, other than that, the car drives with a jerky motion. Third, the car operates with 3 AA batteries, so the battery life doesn't last long (and FYI, the RC unit operates with 2 AAA batteries). Last, the car struggles to drive even on regular carpet, so we really haven't tested it on much more rugged terrain such as dirt, rocks, mud, water, etc. What a letdown! If I still had the box, this would be going back.
on October 16, 2012
When I bought it I made sure it was on a non-interfering frequency band so the kids could race against the Amphibian i bought a couple weeks prior.. ones 47 Mhz and the other 27Mhz I believe tho both look the same size basically.. The 2yo can't figure out how to control it very well and the 4yo also has trouble with turning it left and right but that doesn't mean they don't have fun with them both.. they love playing with these cars.. i would never recommend driving it in water or even wet grass since it's not really water proof around the hatches.. the other thing I'd recommend is to get some 5 minute epoxy or thick glue and to glue in the antenna lead into it's socket in the car body so kids can't easily pull out the antenna wire.. Aside from that I havent seen any drop in torque or other issues.. i am using rechargeable NiMh batteries in them and they work fine.. the cars can actually do Wheelies if you get going backwards then quickly flip to forward it will lift the front wheels off the carpet a couple inches.. they bang into eachother and the furniture with no problem too.
on September 22, 2017
My grandson loved it
on April 5, 2015
This was a fun toy for my 6 year old son, until it stopped working 2 months after arrival. He used it in the pool and on the ground, but never submerged it and we were careful to ensure the battery pack stayed dry inside. Despite every avenue we can think of to try and get it working again, it's now already headed to become a piece of trash (which makes the whole thing seem even worse). Still exploring warranty options but I'll be surprised if that works in our favor.
on September 29, 2015
This was initially a fun toy but stopped working after 2 days. The instructions mentioned that water would get into the body and would need to be occasionally drained but I couldn't keep water out of the battery compartment. Even letting it dry out a few days a replacing batteries did not get it going again. Seems like a toy intended to be used in water would be designed to keep water out of critical components
on December 29, 2013
We live in upstate New York; our backyard water features are frozen over. We haven't tested this in our bathtub like some not-so-smart reviewers.

Deducted one star for the non-illumated headlines, as many others have denoted.

My children are terrors... wonderful terrors. We're on hour 8 of the first set of Eneloop rechargeable. I use AA's in my dayjob (photog & video) and can't believe how long this thing has lasted on its first set of batts.

Fun for kids, fun for adults, it just keeps going.
on November 23, 2016
love it
on November 2, 2017
Poor battery life, cheap.
on August 19, 2015
It's lasted two years so far. Gave it to our son when he was 3 after his older brother got the red one for a gift.

It's run well, they haven't been very gentle with it, so it can take a little roughness.

It seems they get flaws, the red one just broke. The wheels stopped turning, I think a gear broke or something.