Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kid O Shapes Puzzle
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School

on August 20, 2015
I work with children with developmental delays, but put off purchasing this puzzle due to its cost. Well I wish I hadn't! I love this puzzle and my kids love this puzzle. The fact that it is plastic makes clean up and disinfecting it between sessions a piece of cake. I've used wood puzzles, but this plastic just glides across the surface which really helps it to find the proper spot. I've seen dramatic improvement in some of my kids that couldn't place the three shapes before and I have been able to move back to the wood puzzle.
on March 21, 2016
This puzzle is perfect for little ones ages 12 - 24 months. There is no color filled into the openings which requires the child to match by shape only and not color. These three shapes are the 1st three children should learn to do beginning with the circle after 12 months, then the square around 18 months, and lastly, the triangle by 24 months. I assess development for kids under 3 years so I use this puzzle several times a week. The fact this is made of plastic also makes it much more sanitary and easy to clean.
on July 7, 2016
As a travelling therapist, it is crucial for me to get toys that are lightweight and easy to carry. This puzzle meets both criteria! I like that it's made of plastic and easy to clean. The handles are easy for children to grasp.
on February 15, 2014
Simple for a young child and very well made. I work with toddlers and have noticed they are drawn to this shape puzzle.
on April 20, 2015
I am an elementary teacher who has been nannying for the past 15 years. I think this shape sorter is excellent for beginning understanding of shapes. Each of the shapes is a different color, however the plastic background is white. This is good because then they have to match the shape not just the color. If you would rather it be color coordinated, you could always stick a sticker matching the color onto the plastic background. There is one thing they could do to improve it. The circle and triangle each also fit in the hole for the square, and this confuses the toddlers. If they had made the square slightly smaller it would have solved this problem. As long as they start with the square, there should be no confusion. Oh well. It's the best I've found yet for a first shapes puzzle. After they master this, then they can move onto the ones where the shapes are parts of different objects. (Melissa and Doug has a fabulous puzzle that can also be found on Amazon.)
on February 3, 2015
The circle fits in the squares place. That's no good. The white piece is slightly bent - it doesn't sit flat.
on January 18, 2016
I'm kinda disappointed. 1st off I searched for simple wooden puzzles. So when this shapes puzzle popped up, naturally I ordered it thinking it would be wood. It's not. It's plastic. And second the square piece is big enough that the circle fits in it. If the square had been made smaller I would have been happier. But, in the end I gave it 3 stars cuz it's the closest I have found to what I've been looking for
on March 5, 2015
Bright and pretty, but the knobs are too small for little hands or for therapy with the brain injured - too hard to pick up.
on November 25, 2014
Thought it was wooden, was disappointed that it's plastic, but the puzzle is large enough to be manipulated by a 1 yr old.
on June 13, 2015
As a therapist who has to wash toys frequently, I appreciate the durability of plastic.