Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Color: Pink|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 425 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 468 reviews
on December 15, 2011
I was so happy to finally come upon this Kido Car toy after searching in stores and on the web for the best first car for my grandson as a Christmas present. I didn't want one that sings or talks or lights up, just a good quality working vehicle for him to learn how to push and to play with using his own imagination. The Kido car has a simple, elegant design--rather Euro looking (the corresponding truck, even more so), and, IMO, artful. Nice to have a plaything be a thing of beauty. The headlights are really shiny and cool, but other than that, there are no adornments on the car. It has a pleasing round shape--nothing sharp--with an oval hole where the car interior would be, forming a natural handle that will fit child- or grown-up sized hands. The white wheels have gray rubberized tires, and they spin like crazy! The toy is sturdy and shiny--a hard type of plastic that has no PVC, BPA or Phthalates. Like so many things, it is made in China, but at least this time they got the quality control right. The packaging is also just right. It comes in a box just exactly the size of the car, no extra doodads. That makes it easy to wrap, too. The cardboard is made of 100% recycled material.

The end of the box states "1+", and really it would be ideal for any toddler or preschooler, but if you have a crawler who is beginning to manipulate things well with his hands, I think this car will be a good one to grow into. My grandson will be seven months at Christmas, and he is really getting around. The car may be a bit big for his little hands, but it isn't too heavy, and it rolls so well, that I am sure he will be able to get the thing going. I am looking forward to seeing his face when he realizes what a thing with wheels can do!

As far as other suggestions--I also bought the truck by the same company, and have written a review. Others I am considering are Sassy Pop and Push Car, and the Green Toys vehicles made in the USA from recycled milk cartons. I hope this helps.
0Comment| 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 15, 2011
I don't like toys that beep, sign, yell, talk, make noise in general. I also don't like cars/trucks/vehicles with faces. Call me old fashioned but I wanted a durable, basic car for my son that was not sponsored by an animation company or that yelled obnoxious comments. Both my son and I love this toy. It is simple. I love the color. He loves the handle. Works well on carpet as well as linoleum. I will be giving this as a gift!
on October 23, 2013
First off, the car is very cool and our 8-month old son likes it a lot. It's a good size for him, and the handle helps his grip.

Now that that's out of the way, the main reason I'm reviewing this is to report the amazing customer service experience I had with Kid O. We bought one of the Go Cars a couple weeks ago, and two days later our Great Dane ate the tires off the car. Things like this happen constantly with the dog and yes, she's fine. So, I figured I'd have to suck it up and buy a new car or otherwise, let my son make due with the chewed, tireless wheels. Out of curiosity, I emailed Kid O to see if I could possibly obtain some replacement tires for the car. I got a response in a day, and although I was told that replacement tires weren't an option, the lovely woman told me they'd be happy to send us a new Go Car. I had no expectation of getting a replacement toy, nor was Kid O in any way obligated to do this. They just did it (with free shipping), which made me extremely happy. The replacement arrived the next day. I'll definitely seek out Kid O products in the future because of this experience (and because they make cool stuff).
on September 21, 2015
Purchased for my 1 yr old on his 1st birthday because he loves cars. He drives this one all over the house. It's so easy for him to hold it and push it around. He has even started making car sounds every time I hand him this car, it's hilarious!
review image
on April 28, 2017
I bought this little car for my kido when she was around 7months old. She's now over 2 years old and This little car has been through the ringer but is still rolling and continuing to be well loved. It's been a bath toy, which I wouldn't recommend. It filled with water but I was able to keep it out of the tub and it eventually it dried out. Now it's a regular playground buddy. She loves sending it down the slide. This little car has really stood up to the test of time in terms of durability and developmentally. I think it's a great value.
review image review image
on March 18, 2017
This is a simple, hollow plastic shape with rubbery wheels. The body is solid, but the angles are rickety. Nothing special here to justify the $15 price. My boy, between 6 and 9 months, fascinated by lots of other toys, has shown virtually no interest in it. What a waste of money.
on May 22, 2015
My son is 13 months old, and I have been trying to get him to roll cars for the past month or two with little progress. All of his other cars have wooden or plastic wheels, which don't roll well on a hardwood floor. Because of the easy to hold handle and the rubber wheels that grip to the hardwood floor, he was able to roll this car immediately upon receiving it. IT is now his favorite toy to play with. He now crawls while pushing it along. I would definitely recommend this for any baby's first car! I only wish I had found it sooner.
on March 3, 2017
This car is really well made, and I think it's very cute. Neither of my kids have ever been interested for more than about 30 seconds with it though. I'll give it 4 stars because I think it's nice quality, especially for a plastic toy, but I just wish they would play with it!
on August 24, 2016
Got this for a friend's 2 1/2 yr old child, whose older sibling (4) liked it as well So I got the mini & the regular size version of them.
Purchased recently for upcoming grandchild. I like the clean lines,(easy clean!) & the way it fits a childs' hands. Simple toys for motor & imaginative play appeal to me & when you see children keep coming back to it, I'm always surprised at how versatile it seems to be in it's appeal.
on December 27, 2013
My 5 year old grandson is always complaining that his sister steals his cars, so I got this for her for Christmas, along with a bunch of stuff costing many, many times more.

Wouldn't you know this is the thing she loved most? Absolutely indestructible and easy for a little toddler to hold. She threw it all over the house and rolled it around and into stuff - and the dog - and wouldn't put it down.

What else need I say?

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.