Oil month Automotive HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on January 1, 2016
Just got this for our daughter for Christmas and she absolutely loved it!!! its huge and will definitely grow with her. Its very durable, sturdy and seems very solid. It was so easy to build and didn't take me as long as i thought it was going to. 4hrs with breaks in between and no help. The accessories it came with were amazing and her barbie dolls fit perfectly. I did get the barbie beetle and that was too big to fit in the garage but no biggie we just parked it outside the garage like we in the real world do most of the time. Instruction weren't the greatest or clear but thanks to a youtube video i was able to differentiate the panels a lot easier than with the instruction book. I also purchased super thin string lights to add to the dollhouse and it turned out even better than without them. She loves her dollhouse and i have to say one of the best toy purchases i've made in a long time. Would highly recommend for the princess or princesses in your home.
review image
22 comments| 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 1, 2011
As it always seems to work out, my husband is deployed for my daughter's third birthday. I'd like to call myself a "pro" at putting together children's toys and furniture at this point. So I'm going to break this review down for all you military wives, single moms, wives whose husbands travel for business, and the ladies who just want to do it themselves!

Why I love Amazon.com -
They almost always have the best price! They offer free super saver shipping on many items. They ship things out very quickly and offer tracking on all of your packages!

Why I love KidKraft -
Almost every big item we have for our daughters is made by Kidkraft (kitchen set, various kitchen accessories, table and chairs, bookshelves, toy box, train set and table, wall shelves, and now the dollhouse!) The packaging of the hardware is excellent and easy to find pieces. Everything is always VERY sturdy. It's a much more eco-friendly option than the big plastic pieces you can find by other companies. The price is right for the quality item you recieve. The customer service is one of the best I've ever come across. They even have a place on their website where you can order missing or broken parts without the hassle of having to call. (I've only ever needed a part once out of all of our items! They shipped it quick, even around Christmas time.) I suggest ordering ahead of time if you can, just in case you are missing a part or something is broken. That way you're not disappointed! And remember.. mistakes happen, we're all human!

Why I love this dollhouse -
It IS HUGE! The children in the display photo are not scaled down. Some people may not like this, but I however; love it! We have two toddler girls, and needed something that would be big enough for both of them to play with to avoid future temper tantrums. For the price, you get double the dollhouse you get from other models that are just a small amount cheaper. It will accomodate Barbie dolls once my girls start playing with them instead of their other dolls. This is something we will have for a long time, and I am confidant that the girls will be able to grow into it, and that the construction will last!

Some tips for construction by yourself, ladies! -
1. You will need a big (+) screwdriver and a little (+) screwdriver. You may need a (-) screwdriver to hold in some pieces at points. Kidkraft supplies the allen key. If you need a glass of wine, I suggest white, just in case it spills ;)
2. You will need a large space to build this, since there are points when the house will need to be on its side.
3. Unwrap all of your pieces. Read through all instructions before beginning as well as check and count all of your parts. I personally go through step by step and place the parts I will need in bunches.
4. Make sure you have the time to do this all. You will only get frustrated if the kids are awake, or you set a time limit to get this all done by! I did this during naptime and once the girls were in bed. All in all I think it took me about 2.5 hours to get it done, but this is also coming from a woman who can do this stuff with her eyes closed at this point.
5. Take your time to really look at the photos in the instruction manual. Plan it all out in your head first, then do it.
6. If the screw's paint doesn't match the spot it's in.. it's in the wrong place.
7. If something needs to be forced, it's probably in the wrong place or you need a new part. Kidkraft's items usually go together seamlessly. This is another reason I am a huge fan.
8. The wall makes a good "partner." If you need to hold something up, just put it against the wall.
9. Take your time, and don't get frustrated. You'll be SO proud when it's all done!

Some more fun facts -
I am 5'1", and the house is almost as tall as I am. If you are short.. get a step stool to screw the roof on! The box is 70lbs. when shipped. If you can, get your delivery man to place it right where you are going to set it up.. especially if you're a pregnant momma!

I hope this helped!
Overall I would recommend this dollhouse to all of my friends and family. My daughter has not yet played with it, but I just know that from the moment she wakes up on her birthday that this house will be played with daily for years to come!
3939 comments| 944 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 16, 2015
Sturdy when properly built, a little on the small size and the walls are not properly insulated, the bedroom is too small, the fridge does not work, the elevator has no electicity, and toilet doesnt flush. No instructions on how to prevent a baby from falling 3 stories when sleeping in the bedroom, worst baby crib ever! But maybe it make a great dollhouse.
review image
1313 comments| 817 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 21, 2016
I was very disappointed in this product that I ordered for my daughter's 4th birthday. It arrived in a decent box (no obvious damage) yet somehow the wood pieces inside were all beat up (pic #1 for example.) Some of the decorative laminate that is used on the wood was peeling (pic #2) and the screws were so poorly made that one completely broke off as it was being screwed in, rendering that particular piece useless (pic #3, it was supposed to be the handle on the garage door... so we obviously now have no handle at all.) The garage doors are also set so closely together that it requires serious force to completely shut them and then to open them again - you literally have to hit it from the inside to get the doors to open up outwards, and my daughter has to kick it to get it to completely close again. See pic #4 to show how the doors "close" without slamming them shut with force. The elevator gets stuck while moving up and down and wiggles quite a bit when being moved making it seem as if it is about to break or come off track.The furniture was decent for the most part however the legs of the piano were warped and it sits funny. To have invested so much money in a product, I wouldn't expect absolute perfection but I would, however, expect MUCH BETTER than what we received. Also, side note (not necessarily a complaint): do not expect to assemble this doll house quickly. Plan in advance if it is a gift as it will take HOURS to put together and is easiest with 2 people.
I give this item 3 stars as my daughter still enjoys playing with it. I recommend that you research other options before choosing this product though.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on April 10, 2016
So I got this, plus anothe (different) one for my daughter's 5th birthday and we love them!

First of all, I love that the box came in just an almost-plain (it had their brand logo ask over it) brown packaging box and it wasn't like the usual brightly colored one with a photo of a child playing with the house on it, I was afraid my girls would see it when it got delivered and the gift/surprise would be ruined. Thankfully that didn't happen!

When I first took the pieces out of the box, it was super overwhelming because there were like a thousand pieces 0_o but after organizing the pieces and laying them out, my panic attack quickly went away.

There were several moments in the assembly process where we weren't sure which way a certain board piece was supposed to face and what not, but I'm not not sure if I can blame the poor instruction guide or if it was just my own "doy" moments. Anyway, after two hours of crawling around on the floor, the house came together and I was stunned at how big it is! I want it for myself now! The product seems sturdy and would be able to handle all my girls playing with it. It's only been a week I feel like this dollhouse completes the look of their playroom.

I most definitely recommend this product to any parent who is looking to spoil their child, and please stay away from those other cheap plastic (I won't say the brand, but it's super popular, starts with a B) "dreamhouse" dollhouses, I bought one before...and I'll tell you that it was so much smaller, for the same price, it was cheap plastic, wobbled all the time, started to come apart that it was tossed after maybe two years. You buy this product, you may never need to look for another dollhouse again!
review image
11 comment| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 23, 2017
To this day my husband and I marvel at how little this dollhouse cost in comparison to what you get. For the price, the house itself is a real bargain, but the fact that you get so many pieces of furniture and accessories is unbelievable, truly. One of the best values I have ever found when it comes to children's toys. We chose to wait until Christmas Day to put it together rather than try to do it Christmas Eve (thanks to some of the advice found here), and are glad we did so because it took a while. BE CAREFUL - this box comes unwrapped (no brown paper) and has a picture of the dollhouse and explicit descriptions of what is inside. I was grateful it was left outside the front door and my kids didn't see it ahead of time. Make sure you have a space to hide it though - we have a big house and had to think for a long time about where to keep it until Christmas - the box is big.

I'm a little confused by the age range - it states it is for ages 36 months - 7 years, but children will love playing with this LONG past 7 years old. It's clearly built for Barbies to fit, and Barbies are often enjoyed by kids up to 13 (my daughter doesn't play with Barbies, but does use it for stuffed animals). It puts the Barbie Dreamhouse to shame (something I ached for when I was about 9-10 years old).

Overall, I highly recommend this dollhouse - keep your eye on it and watch the price. At the time of this review, the price is about $150, but when we bought it - two weeks before Christmas, even - it was hovering right above $100. Even if we had paid $150 for it, I'd still think it's a steal.
on December 30, 2014
This is a huge doll house with a lot of very nice (wooden) furniture! The quality of the overall house is what you would expect from KidKraft- compressed wood with paper pictures glued to it. If I were to rate the overall quality of just the dollhouse I would give it 2/5 starts. You shouldn't expect an authentic wooden dollhouse when you order this. But I am still glad we ordered it. The house is very large and has a lot of detail. It took us (3 people) about 2.5 hours to complete it. We did lube the elevator and it slides just fine. We also did not use wood glue. There were 1 or two times where we put things in backwards and had to switch them (the back pieces and the roof) so I am glad we didn't use the glue. Overall I am happy with the dollhouse. Even if it only lasts 3-4 years I will keep the furniture forever!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on April 24, 2016
My daughter loves this house. It's big enough for multiple size dolls (and little toy animals). Luckily, my nephew was in town for Christmas break from college so he put it together. It took him about two hours, but that was because my three year old daughter insisted on helping. My nephew didn't seem to struggle at all, but he's the official person who puts things together in the family, and actually seems to enjoy the challenge (go figure). My daughter spends countless hours playing with this toy. She bathes her little critters, has them go potty, feeds them and puts them to sleep. She actually plays with this Haoe wooden family pets mores than dolls, but she loves animals. This is an exceptional house.
review imagereview image
VINE VOICEon December 17, 2013
 This is a large dollhouse. The mistake we made is not completely realizing the giant size of it, other than saying, it's 4 1/2 feet tall and wide -- without actually thinking about where it's going to go. That said we did find a perfect place for it, but it's still quite huge.

The box is quite large and weighs in at about 60lbs, some of that weight is packing materials, but most is in the dollhouse itself. Most of the dollhouse isn't solid wood, but thinner paperboard with wood pieces that provide structure. Side walls/roof are a thicker plastic/paper board composite, which doesn't seem to be as durable as wood, but probably much lighter on an already heavy dollhouse. It wasn't as sturdy as I expected it to be, but I think it will hold up without much issue in normal use, even under years of use.

Video uplaoded is a timelapse of assembling it, took a few hours to do, and messed up the first step (the elevator parts have a slight offset hole pattern, but it is not explained in the directions). After getting the floors on, it was tough to get everything lined up to get the other wall on, took more time than I expected and more force than expected, but it came through in the end. Did end up breaking one wood piece when the screw caught a burr on the piece it went into, causing the wood to splinter. Wood glue easily fixed it, and thankfully it was on the back of the house. Just be careful.

There were also a couple of predrilled holes that had wood glue in them, that had to be removed before the bolt anchors could be dropped in. Did not expect to have to deal with that in this, as I've had other kidkraft products without issue.

Elevator was quite difficult to raise and lower, had to add some lubricant to get it to work easier, and since it slides around a bit, if you grab the handle and move it up it can hit the floor above it, not a great design.

Furniture is great, as are the wall decals/designs, as well as the garage. Overall this is a good product, but mostly you're paying for a very large with over the top size.
11 comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 17, 2015
I have to tell you, I was skeptical about a house at this price at this size. I figured it would be a decent piece that wouldn't last through the year.
I have a 2yo and 4yo, I have put enough toys together and tried to follow unclear instructions and left out a screwed or had to undo a part to redo it correctly. Not the case with this one. The parts were all clearly labeled and easy to follow along, other than step 5 and 6. Ibhad a little trouble figuring out the overlap of pieces.
The entire assembly took about an hour and a half, with some interruptions and trying to redirect curious little munchkins.
There were a couple of parts that were damaged, police included. Weird party was they were parts that were nestled inside other parts, none of the parts close to the box were actually damaged.
I called the 800 number, spoke to Scott, who was awesome. Just make sure you have the item number, batch number and part numbers ready so they can help you out. Sending out the parts, nohassle or hoops to jump through. Great customer service at KidKraft! I would definitely buy another one of their products.
Only area of improvement I would say is the clock and the chandelier. You have such a great quality product and then you throw in the plastic base for the grandfather clock that attaxhes to the wood body and then the chintzy plastic chandelier.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.