Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

KidKraft Highlighter Table and 4 Chair Set
Color: Multicolor|Size: 1|Change

on October 22, 2015
My white, IKEA furniture holds up better to kids than this more expensive set.

First the positives:
+ Super cute set when assembled.

Now the negatives:
- The table top marks very easily. I can't tell you how disappointed we were to see that washable markers, crayons, don't come off this table top. (Soap and water don't cut it KidKraft!)
- Warranty is disappointing. Nearly anything kids use on the table voids the warranty.
- See attached photo. Mind you I bought this table 5 weeks ago.
- As with any furniture ordered online. I've assembled it & it's not worth the effort to disassemble and send back.
- I contacted KidKraft via the email 2 weeks ago and gotten no response.

Like another reviewer, I'll be keeping the chairs but tossing the table in the near future.
review image
25 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on February 12, 2016
We bought this for a my young kids about 3 months ago. I figured I would give it a couple months before bothering to review.
My daughter loves this table. She is 20 months and can easily pull the chairs out and sit on them - her feet don't come close to touching the floor yet, so it will last us a good long while.
The finish is nice and smooth, good quality. Yes, sometimes the marks don't always come of with out pulling out the magic eraser, but I am not under the misconception that paint is supposed to be resistant to crayons and markers. My walls and expensive dining table with a high end finish can attest to that. The Magic Eraser gets enough of it off that you can't see it unless you look hard. Besides, it is a kid table, it's white - it does about as well as their white shirts, so I don't take any points for that.
The table is sturdy enough that my 25 pound daughter can do a happy dance on it and it doesn't shake. My 275 lb 6'2" husband can sit on the chairs and color or play blocks with her in relative, although awkward looking, comfort for an hour.
There was no damage in the shipping because it was well packed. My only complaint would be the Styrofoam they used. Not worth taking away a star, but geez - I was cleaning up the little styro-pills in the hall for a week. MAKE SURE YOU UNPACK THE BOX OUTSIDE!
8 people found this helpful
on November 28, 2017
I bought this set 4 and 1/2 years ago. It has held up amazingly well! Our table has seen it all!--food, markers, paint, nail polish. I usually cleaned it up with just soap and water and left any of the marker stains that remained. However, today I wiped the table top down with some bleach and I was quite pleased that most all of the stains came off.
I came on here to see what price it was currently selling for because I sold our set today. I only parted with it because my kids have outgrown it. I am sad about letting it go. I hope the next family loves it as much as we did. I'm including a picture of our table & chairs right before I loaded in the car today.
review image
4 people found this helpful
on December 16, 2014
I was so excited for my daughter when these arrived. Its a big heavy box. After inspecting the box for damage - only one of the corners had styrofoam sticking out - I laid the box flat, opened the styrofoam sticking end of the box and started building the chairs as I took the pieces out (I had a small area to work with and could not lay out all the pieces at once). As Im building the chairs, I noticed the fluorescent paint flaking off parts of the chair and hardware a bit. Hmmm, It was little so I wasnt that concerned. After assembling all the chairs, I started putting the legs on the table while the table was still in the box and of the table was already facing down and laying on a 1.5" sheet of styrofoam. Once I was finished with the legs, I flipped the table and voila, a huge chunk of particle board (or MDF) was chipped off the table top. Ugh! Disassembled, repacked and shipped back.
4 people found this helpful
on February 21, 2018
I read lots of the other reviews before we decided to purchase this particular table and chair set for our granddaughter. I have to admit there were a few that frightened me but we liked it for the size and color. Well let me tell you...I am so glad we made the purchase. It is absolutely gorgeous and very sturdy. The table is rectangular shaped and the chairs are not wobbly as are some that I have seen even in some higher price ranges. It arrived well packed and in superb shape with all necessary parts. We did not have to purchase any extra parts or longer screws. My husband has actually used the chairs and he is well over the recommended weight limit. My husband put it together in around 35-40 minutes without any difficulty. He only used basic tools and no glue for the chairs. They have heavy use and are still as sturdy as the day he put them together (Christmas). I urge you to give this table and chair set a chance if it is what you are looking for. Don't be discouraged by a few bad reviews. We
love it and so does our granddaughter. Very happy with purchase
on July 31, 2017
well made table. only one I found that was rectangle shape so gives more surface area. you could purchase an additional 2 chairs for this and they would fit. we have it against the wall in our kitchen as a childrens table to eat on and it works perfectly in the space. as others mentioned the white does stain easily but most things I have been able to remove with magic eraser. I cover the table with newspaper when they are painting for coloring on it.
One person found this helpful
on October 20, 2017
Great set. Sturdy enough to hold my weight and a good height for 3 years and up. I bought the larger size set for my home. Also very attractive. I also bought the smaller size set for my son's home and it is already too small for my grandchildren.
One person found this helpful
on July 1, 2014
I bought this for use in my kids' (ages 2 and 4) playroom. They love it and use it all the time. It's the perfect size for kid coloring or craft projects. Two downsides. First, the chairs come in a million pieces and it took me forever to assemble them. Assembly was not easy. However, once assembled, the chairs are sturdy. They are kid-sized, but occasionally I (6'3", 195 pounds) will sit in them when I am coloring with the kids or whatever, and they hold me fine. Second, if you spill anything on the table, which my kids have done a thousand times, the cheap faux-wood finish bubbles up. I also can't wash off the non-washable markers that my kids constantly use to color the table. So after a year or so of use, the table top looks like hell. But the chairs are still in great shape.
2 people found this helpful
on October 19, 2016
I love the table itself ... and it is very sturdy..
But
It does chip very easily.. and we have had it about 3 months and one of the chairs fell to floor on top of something and the rail of the chair snapped in half.. we still use it but it is missing the middle strap on the back of chair...
3 people found this helpful
on July 19, 2014
This is a great table! Sturdy, easy to assemble. The colors are brighter than the picture, more neon. I was a little concerned that the white table would get dirty and ruined quickly, but I have been able to clean it with spray or sometimes with detergent and a sponge. If my son is going to paint, I cover it with paper or newspaper. I don't have the raised nail heads on table top or paint chipping problems the other reviewers mentioned. My son is 5 and it's a good size for him. We've had it for almost a year and now (I'm editing the review) and it still looks brand new. I am very happy with this purchase.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.