Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: KidCo Healthy Snack Frozen Treat Trays 2 Pack
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Size: 2 Pack|Change

When I was looking for pop molds I found these "Frozen Treat Trays." There are some advantages and some disadvantages to this type of mold. First, you can freeze basically anything in them and I've had good luck freezing homemade juices including lemonade and juices I make in my juicer. The caps on this brand have permanent plastic sticks in them so you don't have to buy wooden sticks all the time. They also sort of catch some of the drips although don't count on it.

The disadvantage is that you can't just pull one ice pop out of a tray you have to put the entire tray in a bowl of warm water to release the pops. I found them nearly impossible to pull out without doing this and setting them in warm water for thirty seconds usually does the trick. Then you can just put all the ice pops in a plastic ziplock freezer bag for storage.

Here are the two "juicing" recipes I've used lately. There is a enough juice for the ice pops and a few cups of juice leftover to enjoy:

Recipe 1:

2 oranges, peeled
2 apples, unpeeled
1 (6-ounce) container blackberries
1 cup grapes

For both recipes cut the fruit to fit your juicer and juice. Pour the juice into your frozen treat trays. There are really unlimited ways you can make juice so you can have fun experimenting all summer long.

You would think this would come with a nice recipe book but only three recipes are included. You can mix yogurt with fruit in your blender or freeze applesauce, chocolate milk, egg nog or puddings.

While these are fun for kids adults will love them too. I went out walking in the heat and it was so good to have some ice pops ready on my return.

~The Rebecca Review
66 comments| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2009
These are great. I make apple juice popsicles for my 6 month old son. He loves it and they are healthy. I made the popsicles and after they were frozen I ran the bottom under hot water for about 5 seconds and they popped right out. I put them in a freezer bag and they were good to go. Great for teething babies.
on April 18, 2012
We love this mold. I have tried several other Tovolo molds and while they seem sturdier, these have been my favorite. It is a good sized serving for my 2yo. My 5yo often eats two(or more!) We do mostly fruit/veggie blends in the blender to fill them. Use coconut milk or juice to help them blend up smoothly. Add some honey if the fruit isn't sweet enough. Try adding a handful of baby spinach to the blend for some extra nutrition and a fun green color.
You do have to give them a quick hit of warm water and twist them before you pull them out. Still, they come out easier than the more detailed shaped molds we've tried. I plan on buying another set for the summer so we have more pops ready to go!
on April 4, 2010
First one of the tops/holders broke as we were lifting out a popsicle, then the holder itself split in two when it dropped (frozen) on the floor - after owning it for 2 weeks. I had an old fashioned one of these when I was young that lasted at least 20 years ... I'd be surprised if anyone had one of these for more than a year without it breaking. Otherwise, the size and design is good.
55 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2012
Followed all the directions and item broke on first use. Came out of freezer and simply cracked in multiple places! Had to throw it away, very disappointed!
on July 28, 2011
Sorry i can't find anything good to say about this mold. Cheap material, holder breaks after first use, hard to take the popsicles out without breaking them in half and over melting them. I wasted my money, don't waste yours.
on April 14, 2014
I don't know if it was the set that I got or what, but these were terrible. The plastic was so brittle that I now have bits of plastic and god knows what else all over my freezer. I'd usually attempt to get a refund but these aren't even worth the hassel it would take to return them.

It was such a great concept, and I was looking forward to making my preschooler some dairy-free 'fudgy' pops, but it wasn't meant to be. It did, however, disapoint the heck out of the kids that we couldn't even try them.

On to looking for a more durable product.
on May 28, 2013
This product has a few design flaws. First, the stem upon which the popsicle sits is tapered. It is not straight. The taper allows the stem to be pulled out of the ice. Second, there are no locking features on the stem, like holes. Other designs have holes into which the ice forms, causing a locking feature. This has none. Once the ice is formed, the handle does not pull it out of the container. The product should be redesigned.

Holes and straight sections are harder to manufacture using plastic. That's probably why the manufacturer skipped on them!

Also: This product is intended for children. The popsicles are small. That's fine by me - that's why I ordered it. It's the design flaws that are the issue.
on May 14, 2012
I did a ton of research and read a bunch of reviews before selecting this mold. Couldn't be happier. Absolutely love the size of the pops. Love that it's bpa free. Have frozen smoothies, yogurt, homemade fudgesicles, fruit. I am ordering another!
on July 22, 2010
i dropped these holders the first day i received them and they all broke. The couple i could salvage are difficult to remove the frozen pop