|Item Weight||5.6 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||4.5 x 1.5 x 2.8 inches|
|Item model number||21008873|
|Batteries||2 AA batteries required. (included)|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Battery Cell Type||Alkaline|
|Warranty Description||10 Year Limited|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $8.99 shipping
Kidde Battery-Operated Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Digital Dis
Want this professionally installed?
- Installation of 1 customer-supplied detector
- Installing customer-supplied mounting plate
- Installing batteries and attaching customer-supplied detector to mounting plate
- Testing device
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Battery Operated (AA) – Provides best protection during power outages. Trial batteries included, best used with Polaroid AA Batteries
- Large digital display is easy to read, even in low-light conditions
- Peak-level memory displays the highest CO concentration measured since the last reset
- Battery Safeguard, Low Battery Signal, Slide-Out Battery Door Cover
- Meets Underwriters Laboratories (UL) UL2034 compliance
Find our Black Friday and everyday Tools and Home Improvement deals Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||1.5 x 4.5 x 2.75 in||3.75 x 6.06 x 1.75 in||7 x 8.5 x 3.25 in||4.75 x 0.94 x 2.63 in||1.5 x 4.5 x 2.75 in||7 x 3 x 11 in|
|Size||1 Pack||1 Pack||1 Pack||N/A||With digital display||1 Pack|
Kidde KN-COPP-B-LPM Battery-Operated Carbon Monoxide Alarm w/ Digital Display - Digital screen with large backlit display is easy to read, even in low-light conditions - Peak-level memory displays the highest CO concentration measured since the last reset - Meets the all UL requirements - Battery operated with three AA batteries included - Backed by a five-year warranty Need more information on this product? Click here to ask.
Kidde’s KN-COPP-LPM battery-operated carbon monoxide alarm with digital display helps to provide your home with extensive protection against the dangerous threat posed by the odorless and colorless gas. With an increasing number of state and local governments passing legislation requiring CO detectors in homes, it’s never been a better time to safeguard your family against carbon monoxide exposure.
Kidde's KN-COPP-LPM carbon monoxide detector is a free-standing unit, adding flexibility to placement around your home. View larger
The KN-COPP-LPM is an essential device to help warn you and your family of dangerous carbon monoxide levels in your home. This alarm measures the exposure to carbon monoxide over time; it is designed to sound at 85 decibels at 10 feet when it detects 70 ppm (parts per million) of CO for 60 to 240 minutes, 150 ppm for 10 to 50 minutes, or 400 ppm for 4 to 15 minutes. The easily visible digital display indicates the level of CO that the unit is sensing, and it updates the status every 15 seconds for timely and accurate readings. Its free-standing design allows for attachment to a wall or placement on a counter or nightstand for convenient and comprehensive protection. The KN-COPP-LPM also includes a slide-out battery door that provides immediate access to the power source as well as a battery safeguard that makes it difficult to close the cover without batteries installed. An LED lighting system on the unit signals power levels and sourcing: the green LED will flash once every 30 seconds to indicate the alarm is operating properly when power is present, and the red LED will pulse to indicate carbon monoxide has been detected until the device is reset or the CO threat is eliminated. This device has an expected 7-year lifespan and comes equipped with a five-year manufacturer’s limited warranty.
What's in the Box
One Kidde KN-COPP-LPM battery-operated carbon monoxide alarm with digital display and three AA batteries.
|The KN-COPP-LPM features an easy-to-read digital display in front and an easy-access door to the batteries in back. (Click each to enlarge)|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Because I like to play with dangerous chemicals at home, I decided to try this out. Adding formic acid to concentrated sulfuric acid causes the formic acid (HCOOH) to break down into CO and H2O. I got both of these chemicals for less than $10/liter apiece, plus shipping. I put some sulfuric acid into a graduated cylinder and placed it in a 1-gallon airtight plastic container. I then added small amounts of diluted formic acid and rapidly closed the container.
Sure enough, it worked! It registered CO concentrations that were well within the ballpark of what I'd expect to get with the amount of formic acid I added (using the ideal gas law to figure out what the maximum CO level would be). In high concentration tests, I found that the alarm goes off within 3 minutes of hitting 500 ppm (which is dangerous but would take several hours to kill, giving plenty of time to get to fresh air). In another test, it went off after about 20 minutes of CO levels around 190 ppm, which is dangerous but not lethal. Its peak reading is in the 910-920 ppm range; it doesn't display levels higher than that. Needless to say, it goes off within a minute or two of such high CO levels and anybody who sees 900+ ppm on the display should leave their house and seek medical help immediately.
It worked well in low concentration tests too. Due to some strange US regulation, it displays "0" for any reading below 30 ppm. If you press the "peak level" button, though, it will tell you what its peak reading was even if it was below 30 ppm. This works down to the 10-15 ppm range, below which you don't really have to worry about CO at all. Prolonged exposure around 50 ppm leads to an alarm after a couple of hours.
Another, simpler test (which anyone with a CO detector should do to make sure it's working) is to light a candle in an enclosed container with the CO detector, then close the container. The candle will burn through the available oxygen and a fair amount of incomplete combustion (releasing CO instead of CO2) will occur as it runs out of O2. I tried this and got 96 ppm with a small candle in my gallon container; a larger candle would probably release more. I then tried it by lighting a crumpled piece of newspaper in the container and got >910 ppm, which is reasonable because paper and wood experience pyrolysis, which releases lots of CO. Combustion of small amounts of acetone (a fairly clean fuel relative to paper) resulted in 300-550 ppm depending on how hot the fire got before I put the lid on; the lower reading relative to paper helps confirm that it's reading accurately.
In conclusion - this $20 detector works very well when tested with real CO. It's accurate, the alarm goes off at dangerous CO levels, it only goes off if CO levels are dangerous, and it might just save your life.
New Jersey - N.J.A.C.5:1-28.1 of the Regulations for the Maintenance of Hotels and Multiple Dwellings now requires the installation of Carbon Monoxide (CO) Alarms. Single station Carbon Monoxide Alarms are required to be placed in the immediate vicinity within 10 feet of sleeping areas in every dwelling unit or guestroom in a building that contains a fuel-burning appliance or has an attached garage.
This device meets those requirements at a competitive price. In most homes where the bedrooms are grouped around a central hallway, a single one of these devices within ten feet of all bedroom doors is sufficient. In order to receive a Certificate of Occupancy or Fire Code approval, homes must also have working smoke detectors in or within ten feet of the sleeping areas and an approved fire extinguisher in or near the kitchen. If smoke detectors have already been installed and are working then this device, when properly installed, will fulfill New Jersey's fire inspection requirements. Otherwise it might be less expensive to buy one or more combination smoke/CO detectors.
Be sure to make sure your CO Monitor is working! If not, this is a great replacement!