- Buy $100.00 worth of select Kidde products, get $20.00 off Here's how (restrictions apply)
Kidde KN-COEG-3 Nighthawk Plug-In Carbon Monoxide and Explosive Gas Alarm with Battery Backup
|Price:||$45.79 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Want this professionally installed?
- Service provided by a local pro
- Estimate is for installation of 1 detector
- Installing customer-supplied mounting plate
- Running wiring to mounting location
- Wiring alarm and attaching to mounting plate
- Installing backup batteries as needed and testing device
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- This product adds a great value
- Product is highly durable and very easy to use
- This product is manufactured in China
- Two alarms in one detects carbon monoxide and explosive gas
- Three convenient mounting options
- Digital display and peak level button displays the peak CO level recorded by the alarm since it was last reset
- Battery backup 9 volt battery included
- Kidde’s carbon monoxide alarms meet the requirements of Underwriters Laboratories (UL), an independent facility that tests products for compliance with widely-accepted safety standards
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Carbon monoxide & explosive gas nighthawk alarm, protects from 2 deadly threats, detects carbon monoxide, natural gas methane & propane butane, AC plug with hide a way cord allows direct or remote plug in, battery backup, provides digital readout of carbon monoxide level, peak level memory, 85 decibel alarm, UL listed, clam shell. This product adds a great value. Product is highly durable and very easy to use. This product is manufactured in china.
Protect your family from the dangers of carbon monoxide (CO), methane, and propane exposure with the Kidde KN-COEG-3 Nighthawk Plug-In Carbon Monoxide and Explosive Gas Alarm. The Nighthawk is an easy-to-install unit that provides reliable protection against the dangers of CO and explosive gas. The digital display shows if gas is present indicates CO levels in parts per million, allowing you to see if, how, and when levels change.
This discreet alarm is designed to fit into any standard A/C outlet in your house.
The easy-read digital display updates every 15 seconds to indicate any abrupt changes or alarming trends in CO levels. View larger.
Designed for home use, the Kidde KN-COEG-3 Nighthawk is a UL-listed, A/C-powered, plug-in alarm that utilizes sophisticated electronic components and sensor technology to protect you and your family from the dangers of CO, methane, and propane exposure. It plugs directly into a standard A/C outlet and includes a 9-volt battery backup that provides continuous monitoring--even during power outages.
The Dangers of Carbon Monoxide, Methane, and Propane Exposure
The leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths in North America, carbon monoxide (CO) is often referred to as the silent killer because it's odorless, tasteless, and invisible. Carbon monoxide poisoning can come about via a number of sources, including everyday items and appliances in your home or office. And because symptoms of CO poisoning mimic the flu or other common illnesses it can often go undiagnosed.
Likewise, methane and propane gases are commonly used in homes for cooking, heating, and water heating. Although it happens rarely, gas leaks can sometimes occur inside the home, increasing the risk of fire or explosion.
Audible Alarm Pattern Alerts you to Elevated CO and Gas Levels
When placed on every level of your home, alarms like the KN-COEG-3 Nighthawk can help protect everyone in the house by giving you an unmistakable signal when gas levels have reached an unhealthy point. If unhealthy levels of CO are detected, the alarm will emit four quick audible beeps every five seconds until either levels decrease or the reset button is pressed. If methane gas or propane gas is detected, the alarm will emit beeps every other second with "GAS" shown in the display.
Easy-to-Read Digital Display Shows CO Levels
The KN-COEG-3 Nighthawk is preferred among traditional CO and explosive gas alarms because of its digital display. This display clearly shows levels of CO that the unit has detected and stored-- from 30 to 999 ppm--and it updates every 15 seconds to indicate any abrupt changes or alarming trends. The display also shows the peak CO level recorded by the alarm since it was last reset or unplugged. The continuous display also shows if gas is present.
LED Shows Sensor Status
With the KN-COEG-3 Nighthawk, you never have to wonder if the sensor is functioning properly. A blinking dot in the lower right-hand corner of the display denotes normal operation, so you can trust that it's working. In addition, you can test alarm function by pressing the test/reset button at any time to verify that the horn and electric circuitry are operating properly.
Convenient Mounting Options
The KN-COEG-3 Nighthawk has a low-profile design that makes it suitable for any room in your home. The detector can be plugged into any standard A/C outlet; it's plug can be snapped into the back of the unit and can be rotated so the alarm remains vertical, independent of whether the electrical socket is mounted vertically or horizontally. In addition, the alarm comes with a 6-foot extension cord, so the unit can be plugged into the wall outlet and then placed on a table or shelf. For the most thorough protection, place an alarm on every level of your home.
The UL-listed Kidde KN-COEG-3 Nighthawk has a seven-year life and is backed by a five-year limited warranty.
About Kidde: A UTC Fire and Security Brand
Renowned for global leadership in fire detection and suppression, Kidde provides solutions ranging from portable fire extinguishers to advanced industrial controls such as flame detection and explosion suppression systems. Kidde is a UTC Fire and Security brand, with a history that's rich with innovations, from the patent of the Chubb Detector Lock in 1818 to the development of the world's first wireless networked smoke detectors in 2004.
What's in the Box
Kidde KN-COEG-3 Nighthawk Carbon Monoxide and Explosive Gas Alarm, 9-volt battery, mounting hardware, and installation guide.
Keep your family safe by placing alarms and extinguishers in each area of the house, and by having a fire escape plan. Click here for a detailed image.
See all Product description
Top Customer Reviews
There are lots of comments about these units giving false alarms. I've never had one false alarm. Ever. But I have had lots of alarms. These units are not natural gas detectors, they are hydrocarbon detectors. That means they will trigger on just about any volatile hydrocarbon that comes their way, including people/animals passing gas, using solvents near them (alcohol, acetone, gasoline, nail polish remover, witchhazel, etc), greases both cooking and machine, laundry precleaners, paint fumes, nail polish fumes, etc. Pretty much if you can smell the hydrocarbon, so can the unit. We have one of these above our gas drier, and even though I am a PhD Physicist by training and biochemist by profession, I've been amazed at the range of common laundry products (or oils/greases/gasoline on clothes) will set the explosive gas alarm off. What that tells me is that the explosive gas sensor isn't selective, it can't distinguish between different hydrocarbons very well, if at all. So what this means is that you need to think about where you put this unit, and what activities will happen in that vicinity.
Check the manufacturer date on these devices and make sure it's current, it's too important for you and your family's safety to just settle, we promptly returned it, asap.
Hopefully, Amazon will help improve their inventory and enforce marketplace vendors to keep high standards, especially when it comes to life saving smoke, carbon monoxide and natural gas detectors.
- Loud Alarm (Very Loud)
- 9V Battery backup.
- Alarms on both Gas and CO
- Must be replaced after 7 years.
- Based on the one I just replaced,normal battery back up does not last 7 years, so will beep on low battery at some point.
- I replaced the 9V that came with it with a 10 Years Smoke Detector Battery (Lithium Non-Rechargeable 9 Volt).
- I am NOT tacking a star off for this since it worked, but hand sanitizer with lots of alcohol does cause the "GAS" alarm to sound!!
- Do not wash hands with alcohol based sanitizer and then work next to this device unless you like loud sounds!!!!.