|Item Weight||8.8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||4.5 x 1.5 x 2.8 inches|
|Item model number||21008873|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||5 Year Warranty|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.99 shipping
+ $4.27 shipping
Kidde KN-COPP-B-LPM Battery-Operated Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Digital Display
|Price:||$26.77 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Want this professionally installed?
- Service provided by a local pro
- Mounting/wiring of new detector in current location
- Completing unit test cycle
- Demonstrating proper usage and maintenance
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Large digital display is easy to read, even in low-light conditions
- Peak-level memory displays the highest CO concentration measured since the last reset
- Meets the requirements of Underwriters Laboratories (UL)
- Battery operated with three AA batteries included
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Kidde's KN-COPP-LPM carbon monoxide detector is a free-standing unit, adding flexibility to placement around your home. View larger
The KN-COPP-LPM is an essential device to help warn you and your family of dangerous carbon monoxide levels in your home. This alarm measures the exposure to carbon monoxide over time; it is designed to sound at 85 decibels at 10 feet when it detects 70 ppm (parts per million) of CO for 60 to 240 minutes, 150 ppm for 10 to 50 minutes, or 400 ppm for 4 to 15 minutes. The easily visible digital display indicates the level of CO that the unit is sensing, and it updates the status every 15 seconds for timely and accurate readings. Its free-standing design allows for attachment to a wall or placement on a counter or nightstand for convenient and comprehensive protection. The KN-COPP-LPM also includes a slide-out battery door that provides immediate access to the power source as well as a battery safeguard that makes it difficult to close the cover without batteries installed. An LED lighting system on the unit signals power levels and sourcing: the green LED will flash once every 30 seconds to indicate the alarm is operating properly when power is present, and the red LED will pulse to indicate carbon monoxide has been detected until the device is reset or the CO threat is eliminated. This device has an expected 7-year lifespan and comes equipped with a five-year manufacturer’s limited warranty.
What's in the Box
One Kidde KN-COPP-LPM battery-operated carbon monoxide alarm with digital display and three AA batteries.
|The KN-COPP-LPM features an easy-to-read digital display in front and an easy-access door to the batteries in back. (Click each to enlarge)|
Top Customer Reviews
Because I like to play with dangerous chemicals at home, I decided to try this out. Adding formic acid to concentrated sulfuric acid causes the formic acid (HCOOH) to break down into CO and H2O. I got both of these chemicals for less than $10/liter apiece, plus shipping. I put some sulfuric acid into a graduated cylinder and placed it in a 1-gallon airtight plastic container. I then added small amounts of diluted formic acid and rapidly closed the container.
Sure enough, it worked! It registered CO concentrations that were well within the ballpark of what I'd expect to get with the amount of formic acid I added (using the ideal gas law to figure out what the maximum CO level would be). In high concentration tests, I found that the alarm goes off within 3 minutes of hitting 500 ppm (which is dangerous but would take several hours to kill, giving plenty of time to get to fresh air). In another test, it went off after about 20 minutes of CO levels around 190 ppm, which is dangerous but not lethal. Its peak reading is in the 910-920 ppm range; it doesn't display levels higher than that. Needless to say, it goes off within a minute or two of such high CO levels and anybody who sees 900+ ppm on the display should leave their house and seek medical help immediately.
It worked well in low concentration tests too. Due to some strange US regulation, it displays "0" for any reading below 30 ppm.Read more ›
I bought two of these Kidde KM-COPP-B-LPM models as replacements so I could have one on each level. I wanted a battery only operated one so I would have more flexibility in placement of the device, and so it was easier to monitor without messy cords.
Installation was easy, but it would have been nice if they had mentioned a suitable drill-bit size for the plastic anchors to be inserted, not a big deal but they should have done it for the less experienced. On the positive side at least they privided anchors with the screws.
I was most pleasantly surprised with its compact size (uploaded image of it above light-switch panel). The instructions were fairly detailed and easy to read. I like that the unit has a internal timer and after 7 years will let you know it is time to replace unit. I'm a bit confused though because information on the packaging says the End-of-Life appears after 7 years, but a sticker on the unit says it shuts down after 10 years, I believe the instructions talk about the EOL indicator, but never mention a timeframe.
Overall this device was what I was looking for and Amazon offered a 15% discount if you purchased more then 1 unit so that worked out well too. Now I just have to hope for 5 years or more of problem free operation.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
After 18 months, the item started randomly beeping. I tried new batteries, but that didn't help. I tried it under very dry humidity conditions, no help. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Common Man
We were replacing an older version. This was easy to put on the wall. It took a few moments to install. Nothing really complicated about it. I do love that it is digital. Read morePublished 2 days ago by steve
Now we are save, unfortunately the old one failed and we had CO problems, one must be careful about these things, we could have perished.Published 8 days ago by Rupert Swain
We had a CO issue one night, freaked out my wife. Bought this for any possible, future issues. It appears top be sensitive enough to warn us of any danger, have not had an alarm... Read morePublished 9 days ago by wab3tx