|Item Weight||0.5 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||4.5 x 1.5 x 2.8 inches|
|Item model number||21010047|
|Batteries||1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)|
|Size||With digital display|
|Style||With digital display|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Battery Cell Type||Lithium|
|Average Battery Life||87600 hours|
|Warranty Description||10 year limited warranty|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.81 shipping
Kidde C3010D Worry-Free Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Digital Display and 10 Year Sealed Battery
Want this professionally installed?
- Service provided by a local pro
- Estimate is for installation of 1 detector
- Installing customer-supplied mounting plate
- Running wiring to mounting location
- Wiring alarm and attaching to mounting plate
- Installing backup batteries as needed and testing device
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Sealed-in 10-year lithium battery
- Automatically activates when attached to bracket
- Tests for proper operation resets CO alarm
- Green LED flashes every 30 seconds
- Red LED will pulse when CO detected alarm pattern will sound
Find our Black Friday and everyday Tools and Home Improvement deals Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||1.5 x 4.5 x 2.75 in||3.75 x 6.06 x 1.75 in||1.5 x 4.5 x 2.75 in||4.75 x 0.94 x 2.63 in||7 x 2.25 x 8.5 in||7 x 3 x 11 in|
|Size||With digital display||1 Pack||1 Pack||N/A||One Size||1 Pack|
The Kidde C3010D is a 10-year, sealed battery, carbon monoxide alarm that uses electro-chemical sensing technology to protect you and family from the dangers of carbon monoxide. The C3010D alarm will automatically activate when attached to the mounting bracket. At the end of alarm life, the unit will chirp, indicating the alarm is in need of replacement. A screwdriver can be used to deactivate the unit, stopping the end-of-life chirp and making it safe for disposal. The inside cover of the mounting bracket features a quick reference guide for what to do in case of an alarm. The C3010D is easy to install and is suitable for all living areas. Ten-year life and limited warranty.
Kidde Worry-Free Digital Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Kidde Worry-Free carbon monoxide (CO) alarms offer 10 years of continuous detection from the leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths in America – carbon monoxide. The UL-listed alarms are the first and only models to contain a 10-year sensor as well as a sealed-in lithium battery proven to power the alarm for a decade. These two state-of-the-art technologies combine to create a premier level of protection. Digital Display Screen clearly shows the level of CO in that room and updates the reading every 15 seconds. Homeowners have peace of mind knowing their CO alarm is always on, and they never have to be hassled by low-battery chirps or battery replacement. Until now, a CO sensor operated for five to seven years, based on the manufacturer. The Worry-Free alarms last nearly twice as long as the average model.
Long-Life Sealed Lithium Battery: Why It’s Needed
Each year, fire departments respond to an average of 72,000 CO poisoning incidents, according to the National Fire Protection Association. Known as the ‘silent killer,’ carbon monoxide is odorless, tasteless and invisible. The only safe way to detect it is with a working CO alarm. Industry surveys find approximately half of U.S. homes have a carbon monoxide alarm installed, most of those are battery-operated. A recent survey conducted on behalf of Kidde found homeowners’ number one fire safety complaint is a low battery chirp.
Worry Free Benefits
The C3010D carbon monoxide detection unit provides one decade of protection; the sealed lithium batter provides 10 years of continuous power. It is also both maintenance-free and hassle-free; never replace a battery during the alarm’s operating life and no need to worry about the batteries being removed. Additionally, this Worry Free unit is the longest sensor life available and is proven effective for ten years with quick and easy installation by simply sliding the alarm onto the mounted bracket which activates it automatically. Money savings: no batteries to buy and replace every six months, save up to $40 over the life of the alarm.
What's in the box
One single Kidde Worry-Free Digital Carbon Monoxide Alarm. A ten-year limited warranty.
- Digital Display Screen clearly shows the level of CO in that room and updates the reading every 15 seconds
- UL Listed – tested by an independent nonprofit testing agency to ensure it meets the US standard
- 85 decibel alarm – loud enough to wake the average sleeping adult
- Nighthawk electro-chemical sensor, which is proven to be the world’s most accurate based on claims by major manufacturers
- Test-Reset Button tests the alarm circuitry and horn, resets memory after alarm has sounded
- End-of-life signal chirps every 30-45 seconds when alarm needs to be replaced – approximately 10 years after power
- Deactivation switch disables the alarm and makes the batteries safe for disposal once the unit has reached the end of its 10-year life
- Tamper resistant feature prohibits a disabled alarm from being placed back onto the mounting bracket
- 10-Year Limited Warranty lasts the life of the alarm
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
What you need to know about CO detectors: They are not created equal!! Regulations do not require a CO alarm to go off if there is CO in the air unless it reaches a certain level and REMAINS there for a certain amount of time. While the alarm may not sound on this unit when levels reach 11 ppm, it will tell you when you check if it has EVER reached 11 ppm. After what we just lived through, that's a worthwhile investment. Limits should not be above 5 - 9 ppm for living areas (depending on the health authority you ask). So it only makes sense to have a unit that will tell you when levels reach even slightly above that.
After learning that the meter displays zero unless it senses CO greater than 30 PPM (or register a peak of greater than 11 PPM), I thought I would need to test it where there is a decently high concentration of CO. I went out to my car, started it up, and held it right behind the tailpipe for a good minute. Nothing. Still zero on the readout and still zero on the peak detected (meaning it never detected greater than 11 PPM)
I am not an expert, but I would have guessed that there should be greater than 11 PPM at a tailpipe exhaust, even when idling. I plan to look into this further. I will update once I learn more about this.
After further research, I learned some proper ways in which to test a CO alarm. The test really needs to be done in an enclosed space. The easiest way is to take a large lidded pot, (such as a stock pot) put the alarm and a lit candle inside and close the lid.
After a about a minute, the candles uses up all of the oxygen and emits CO as it extinguishes. In my case, the alarm registered a reading in the 50's after a minute or so.