This item, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.
- Unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping
- Instant streaming of over 40,000 movies and TV episodes
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month - with no due dates
- Over a million songs and hundreds of playlists
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $6.62 shipping
+ $6.12 shipping
Kids First Automobile Engineer Kit
|You Save:||$5.00 (11%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Engineering for preschoolers
- Beautifully written storybook manuals guide children on an educational and fun engineering adventure
- 70 Colorful and chunky building pieces that are perfect for little hands
- Includes large plastic storage carrying case and simple assembly instructions for 10 different models
- Helps answer children's common questions like how does and why is
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
From the manufacturer
About Thames & Kosmos
Thames & Kosmos was founded in 2001 with the mission of improving informal science education outside of the classroom by publishing high-quality science kits for children of all ages. T&K's mission has since expanded from its STEM roots to encompass other educational branches as well, including arts and crafts and the panoply of thinking and social skills that can be taught through games.
T&K places an emphasis on teaching concepts and skills through tactile processes. Our vision is to give all children access to real, physical activities and projects that teach them how things work.
Kids First Automobile Engineer
Engineering Kit with Storybook
Read the funny story of Karlie and Ty Omega, two inquisitive kids who build simple models of the vehicles they encounter on their comical trip to the supermarket with their dad. Along this roundabout journey, the kids build various vehicles to help the people in their town solve problems and complete tasks. As you follow the story, you can build models of the 10 vehicles in the story. Large, colorful plastic building pieces make it easy for small hands to put the models together.
- Ages 3 and up
- 32-page illustrated storybook manual
- 70 pieces
- 10 models
This fun and informative physics and engineering kit allows preschool-age kids to get a head start on learning important STEM related skills.
Large and colorful plastic building pieces enable small hands to construct models of the 10 vehicles featured in the story. The hands-on nature of the kit aids in the development of fine motor and visual-spatial skills.
Storybook-style instruction manual
The storybook-style manual provides an engaging way to teach simple physics and engineering concepts. Interspersed throughout the story are illustrated instructions to guide children in creating the models as they read about them.
Durable storage case
All components of the kit fit neatly in a durable plastic storage case ensuring easy clean-up and transport.
Minnie the Minivan
It's time to make dinner and the Omegas have to go to the supermarket. How will they get there? They'll have to build their own minivan.
Read the funny story of two inquisitive kids and build simple models of the vehicles they encounter on their comical trip to the supermarket with their dad. Along this roundabout journey, the kids build various vehicles to help the people in their town solve problems and complete tasks. As you follow the story, you can build models of the 10 vehicles in the story. Large, colorful plastic building pieces make it easy for small hands to put the models together. The kids start out by building a minivan to take them to the supermarket. Along the way, they pass a construction site where they build a crane truck to help the workers lift some beams to the top of their structure. As they continue along their trip, they also build a fire truck, tractor, school bus, motorcycle, cement truck, forklift, pickup truck, and racecar to help their friends out. From each humorous segment of their silly adventure, the kids learn something new and collect a funny souvenir. This 70-piece science kit combined with the beautifully illustrated storybook provides an engaging way to teach simple engineering concepts to preschool-age kids. Start laying the groundwork for strong STEM related skills and comprehension. This kit helps develop fine motor skills, science and math skills, visual-spatial skills, and reasoning and concept development skills. - A Parents' Choice Gold Award Winner.
Top Customer Reviews
1) Missing parts. This is a birthday gift for my boys. Opened the box and started assembling the fire truck, I just found 1 piece of #14 is missing.
2) Easily broken. Just after one day's play, the central part of the big wheel is broken.
3) Won't hold together. I made the forklift without using the missing part. Of course, the boys wanted to push the car. Just one push caused the assembled car fall apart. So it is just for assembly and watch, not for assembly and play.
Amazon shipped me a replacement set and solved problem 1 and 2. However since it won't hold together, boys don't seems like it too much.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
1. Our kids love it (ultimately, that's what matters most, right?). This is a toy they keep coming back to.