Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 103 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 114 reviews
on July 11, 2011
I love this show and it was a real treat to see the mini-series, "Death Comes To Town", included in this uniquely designed and yet extremely convenient box set. I've seen this show years ago back when it was on Comedy Central, along with Mystery Science Theater 3000, and it's great to finally watch it as it should be: uncut and uninterrupted. Every episode is in it's entirety, including a special episode starring Scott Thompson's character Buddy Cole, and the overall presentation and packaging is superb. I highly recommend this very innovative and creative box set to anyone who enjoys the funnier things in life.
on August 30, 2015
KITH is the preeminent sketch comedy act. They are in the top with the classics like Minty Python, Carol Burnett Show, and Benny Hill.
They started in 1984, and their show aired on the CBC from 1989 to 1995. Each season is excellent. They're still collaborating and their live tour is excellent.

I would also add all of these (because I have great taste) to the list, and I know some had shorter runs: UCB, Mr. Show, The State, Exit 57, Little Britain, Key and Peele, Chappelle's Show, Dana Carvey Show, The Kroll Show,Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! and spinoff Dr Steve Bruelle and Michael & Michael Have Issues. There are so many more and they are excellent, but KITH was way ahead of it's time.
on March 25, 2011
My brother and I used to watch Kids in the Hall after school when it came on Comedy Central. This was back in the early to mid 1990s. I remembered a lot of the skits and when I saw the box set of the entire series, I had to buy it; for nostalgia sake and for laughs. If you like Monty Python, then Kids in the Hall is right up your alley. KITH have so many strange, funny, awesome skits like Night of the Living Dead, 30 Helens, Citizen Kane, Head Crusher, Girl Drink Drunk, and Dave's monologue about the difficulties of being a serial killer. And I love Dave Foley. He was always my favorite. (And he makes a disturbingly pretty girl!) I'll admit, sometimes their sketches are little weird or unfunny from time to time, but that could just be my own sense of humor. But 90% of this show is gold! I recommend this to anyone who loves a good skit show.
on January 5, 2013
When I originally watched KITH when it aired on Comedy Central I was unaware of the massive edits that had been made for American audiences. After making friends with a couple from Saskatoon in 1995 I became aware of these edits. I've long wanted the original, unedited complete series so when Amazon dropped the price to $25 before Christmas I simple couldn't pass on the deal.
on September 22, 2010
I grew up watching The Kids in the Hall and had the fondness memories of them. So I was a little concerned, going back to it now, that the show may not hold up(as so many things do). It took me about 2 months to watch every episode in this set but now I can definitively say The Kids in the Hall produced the funniest sketches I've ever seen.

The creativity, adventurousness and finesse they repeatedly display keeps each sketch fresh and engaging. The Kids can easily jump from mixing up genders, to exploring racial issues, to artsy industrial irony, to slapstick. I'm unaware of a comedic angle that isn't in their wheelhouse.

I also think a big part of their success comes from the structuring of each episode. Sometimes they'll have a reoccurring bit that quickly reappears between main sketches. Sometimes they'll have a sketch that plays out of the entire episode broken up by other sketches. And it may even suddenly merge into another sketch and play out while the credits role. The Kids clearly put a lot of thought into the structure of each episode and use it to great effect.

I recommend The Kids in the Hall to everyone. Bruce McCulloch, Mark McKinney, Kevin McDonald, Scott Thompson and Dave Foley are masters of their craft.
on September 17, 2013
It's comedy! It's Canadian! A little of off-color and oddball humor but original and brilliant! I really enjoyed this entire series and recommend it to anyone.
on December 2, 2015
This box set comes with all five seasons of the Kids in the Hall television show and the recent Death Comes to Town (miniseries?). It's great to see them back to back from the 90's to the teens. It would have been interesting the have their feature Brain Candy in the mix, but as is, this collection is priced well to own.
on March 25, 2011
Still incredibly funny, with quote that i still bring up on a weekly basis. IF you like the show, you'll love this set.

As for the set, the quality if fantastic, the menus are good, the packaging is... adequate. The extras as good, and best of all, all is COMPLETELY uncensored. Any copies I've found previously has been censored. No that CBC censored a lot to begin with, but it's still nice to see.

Oh yes, and although i have "backups" of every single episode from TV-Rips, I've discovered a few scenes that I've NEVER seen before. Very nice.

Even for shipping to Canada, the price was great, and quite worth it.

UPDATE: okay after watching about 5 discs, I find that there are MANY scenes that I've never seen, and many were (not surprisingly) never aired. Season one alone, has at least 10 skits I had never viewed before, and most are pretty damned funny.

I've also found the audio to have more highs than i would have liked, but the quality is still great. AH, even now, as I type this, there's yet another "new" skti I've never seen.
on October 8, 2009
The Kids in the Hall Megaset is an awesome deal. I loved The Kids in the Hall when they debuted over twenty years ago untill they ended some five years later. They are not for everybody but I think they have something for everyone. They did some weird stuff back then. For instance the Cabbage Head guy, the chicken woman, the head squasher etc. The office ladies were pretty funny, actually anytime they put dresses on which was often they were pretty funny, and they did not look like to bad of chicks either. If you were a fan back then this set is worth having. Nothing was off limits for the kids, from sex,race,gays,death,religion and so on and so on. They were all over the place. If you like sketch comedy you will like The Kids In The Hall. For the short amount of time they were on T.V. they have way to much good stuff to mention here. Great great great series to have.
on December 4, 2014
If you weren't around to see them in the early 90's, some of this stuff borders on comedic genius. It's comedy with it's rough edges proudly displayed, and social taboos disregarded plainly. The troop was made up of men who were brilliant on their own, yet really did feed off of and inspire each other to greater heights. I was a teen of the 90's and remembered many of the characters and skits prior to getting this collection, but owning the total run of the show is something I'm very happy to have the ability to do. I think it's a gem that many will never have the privilege to see, and though that's a shame, it leaves a special place in the world for those of us who have. My favorite Canadian export, The Kids In The Hall.