Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Kids Learn Math: A+ Edition - Nintendo DS” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 5% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
About the Product
- 5 categories contain a total of 15 mini games.
- Exercises include explanations and calculations
- Multiplayer fun allows challenges between family and friends
- Fun and engaging settings that will motivated children to learn
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
We all know that kids find video games fun, exciting and motivating. But what about the benefits of using video games for educational purposes?
According to the research, using video games to learn encourages the learner to take an active role in his or her learning, take risks, and engages the learner in an interactive, fun way. Using video games to learn ensures children get immediate feedback, understand each new skill before moving on to the next level, and challenges children to keep going to improve their scores or get more points and, while doing this, reinforce what is being learned.
The Importance of the Skills Being Developed in Kids Learn™ Math
Mathematics is a powerful learning tool. Children who have a good understanding of basic math concepts and a positive attitude toward mathematics grow up with a framework and tools for reasoning, problem solving, and expressing ideas and concepts clearly. When children are engaged in math activities that are engaging, motivating and relevant to their lives, they are able to extend and apply their knowledge across the curriculum to areas such as science, geography, music and art.
The math curriculum is divided into the following 5 strands:
- Number Sense and Numeration – This strand refers to mathematics related to number and operations. With a good sense of number, children are able to develop useful strategies for solving problems. This strand includes the four basic operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Measurement – When children learn about measurement concepts and skills they learn the attributes of the many objects that can be measured and the way to measure quantities such as time, temperature, mass, volume and area. Children learn to use a variety of measurement tools and learn to apply their understanding of measurement relationships.
- Geometry and Spatial Sense – Children develop spatial sense by comparing shapes and figures in various positions. They can visualize shapes, draw them and compare them as they manipulate two- and three-dimensional objects. Children with a strong spatial sense have a better understanding and appreciation for the many geometric aspects of the world around them.
- Patterning and Algebra: The study of patterns and relationships is one of the major themes in mathematics. Children learn to recognize, describe and generalize patterns in order to help them understand the observable patterns that exist in the real world. Children learn to identify and articulate the properties of patterns and learn to use graphs, tables and verbal descriptions to represent relationships that generate patterns.
- Data Management and Probability – When children work in this strand, they learn about different ways to gather, organize and display data. They learn how to read and analyze data to draw conclusions about various themes and topics. Learning how to understand graphs and statistics helps children draw conclusions based on their ability to think critically about many of the problems and issues they will encounter in their everyday lives.
Each of these strands is represented in the Kids Learn™ Math games.
Additionally Kids Learn™ Math Features:
Performance Tracking: During the game you can constantly check your performance results for specific exercises or entire modules, to see how you're doing. When you think you've trained enough, you can try some career exercises to see if you can improve your score and unlock some new games!
Personal Coach: Your personal coach will explain how to play each game, give you tips on how to improve your abilities and evaluate your results.
Career Mode: One round in Career Mode consists of three games. You can only play one round per day, so if you have already played the Career Mode on a particular day, you will have to wait until the next day to play another round. After you have completed one day's career round, three new games will be available in the Training Mode. Initially, they will only be available in easy mode. The coach will always tell you which new games you have unlocked. These three new games will make up your next career round, so train them well in the Training Mode before you start your next career round!
Depending on how well you scored in the daily career round, you can also unlock new difficulty levels for the games that you have already played.
Exercise Mode: In the Exercise Mode you can train your mathematical skills by practicing some basic exercises. There are four types of exercises you can choose from: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Each exercise can be completed using one of three methods: simple, halfhandwritten or handwritten.
...and much more!
Your child can play while learning with Kids Learn™ Math - a great investment in your child's development.