Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kids' Sling Bookshelf with Storage Bins - Natural Natural
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Kate Voegele Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

on February 11, 2011
I was questioning whether or not I wanted to purchase this based on the reviews. I have to say I am overly satisfied with this product and have decided to purchase another one for a baby shower gift. The quality of the panels are heavy and durable. The espresso color is clean. The size is perfect for my son to choose his own books and see them facing out. His larger books can also fit in the storage bins. All of his books are now all in one place. I am not concerned about this falling over as it is heavy and balanced. My husband put it together and his only complaint was the poor directions. For anyone who purchases this product, the tag on the sling should be at the top of the shelf, not the bottom. hopefully this will save people time.
on May 18, 2010
My husband put this together for me the day it arrived (and he felt it was very easy to put together). I have a daughter that just turned 3, and it was kind of a birthday present for her, but also for me! She tends to, as many children do, pull most of the books off of her shelf looking for that one book she wants. So, I wanted to do what we do at the preschools and display a few and then put the rest away to rotate in and out of the displayed books. This is working wonderfully! She does not pull all of the books off, and is able to replace the books she does take out. It looks great(I really like the color of the 'wood'), and it holds and displays her books well. She has about 20 books (think: picture books) at a time in it!

I wasn't sure I was going to like the canvas shelves, but: (1) I do! They are very versatile, and easy to pull out and put back in, great for kids younger than 5 or 6! (2) you can leave the shelves off and use the cubbies without them.

The structure of this is also sturdy and heavier than I would have thought. The unit itself isn't "heavy" at about 40 pounds, but it is heavy enough I'm not worried about it getting wobbly or falling over or anything. Note: Some of the dowel rods that hold up the canvas "pouches" for the books are slightly small for the space. This makes sense, as they can't be too large, and they don't need to be super tight. Just be careful not to tighten the smaller ones too tightly so that your wood doesn't bend funky. (Tip from my husband.) They are probably 1/16 to 1/8" smaller, so not significant. Does not bother us at all.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with my purchase and would purchase again, and would suggest to another mom (or preschool teacher)!
on August 28, 2010
This bookcase is great for little ones because they can see the books easier. It looks nice in our home. Unfortunately, though, there is no easy way to take the cloth slings off to wash them. It would have been a good feature to have this.
on January 16, 2012
My parents bought this for my daughter for Christmas on my request. My husband put it together and said it was very easy. It was pretty heavy in the box and feels very sturdy. My daughter loves books and we buy new ones for her all the time. I was a bit concerned reading the reviews on all the different sling bookshelves that we would run out of room for the books, but I just reorganized them today and counted 42 board books of all shapes and sizes. They not only all fit, but there's room for at least a dozen more!!! I'm talking board books, not regular books. I'm betting you could get around 70 standard (like Dr. Seuss) books in this thing.

The real selling point on this bookshelf for me was the 2 storage bins, and this is the only one on the market that I could find. There are always uses for storage bins when it comes to a toddler's toys and kudos to the manufacturer for knowing this. I was very happy that all but one of her puzzles fit - in only ONE of the bins, and there's room for a few more. (The only one that doesn't fit is a big 12"x15" Melissa & Doug Latch puzzle) I still have an empty bin! I'm probably going to use it for her growing collection of stuffed animals. Also, I was surprised that the front sling is only 4" deep, but we have several 3x3, 4x4, etc books that would just get lost in the deeper pockets, so I'm happy for the shorter one. To me, this was a very well thought out design. I know this will last her for years. It's small enough for a toddler to use, but big enough that it would easily work for a 7-8 yr old.

My only regret is that this doesn't come in anything other than beige. Other than that, I'm very happy with this bookshelf and highly recommend it.
review image
on January 27, 2012
So, to start off, this is the first product I have purchased from OneStep and I rated the toy overall as 3 stars because there was no option to rate my satisfaction or expectations beyond the product itself. I received the product faster than I had anticipated, within less than a week, I believe. However, when I went to put it together, I found that I was missing one of the fourteen dowel rods and a panel (though I wasn't sure which one, as they were not labeled) needed to assemble the bookshelf. I immediately called OneStepAhead and ordered replacement parts. Within a few days, I had received more dowel rods, but no panels. I waited another week, and still no panels. So I sent them an email and was told that the item was on backorder until the 3rd of February (nearly a month from the order date). I was sent a partial refund for the shipping costs. Still, I spent nearly $100.00 on a product that I couldn't even put together. The panels arrived a few days ago, both of which were slightly damaged. Another disappointment. Nevertheless, it seemed manageable so I went ahead and put the bookshelf together. Finally, it is in my living room and my son is so happy with our new addition. It looks great and I love the color of the wood. It matches all of my other furniture just as I had hoped. This bookshelf is beautiful and holds a lot of books and makes it easier for my son to put them away and take them out. So, the point of my review is this: Love the product, but the service was a bit disappointing. Be prepared, just in case.
on February 10, 2011
Im a single mom of 3 and I put this bookshelf together on my own in about an hour...very sturdy and just the right height for my little ones. Even as they grow they will still like it. This will stay with us for a very long time.
on October 19, 2011
This sling bookshelf was first spotted at One Step Ahead, another children's retailer. When it appeared on Amazon for slightly cheaper, I jumped on it. It was still fulfilled through One Step Ahead. One of the two side panels arrived with a very large crack in it, but the matter was resolved quickly and efficiently with a quick call to the manufacturer. Had a replacement piece in a few days. The assembly was fairly easy--definitely a one-person job, even with a baby crawling all over the project.

The materials are manufactured wood, wood dowels, and canvas. The four bookshelves hold books of varying heights, and we're able to cram the books two deep on each shelf without overloading it. The two canvas drawers below hold a surprisingly large amount of toys, and they each have a support on the bottom that pulls out easily. The drawers are sturdy for toy storage, and the bookshelf itself is sturdy. It's reinforced with a "floor" below the sling bookshelves, a center support between the two drawer compartments, and a floor on the unit. My 25 lb. toddler has climbed on it several times, and it shows no signs of wear (though I wouldn't let a child pull or climb on the bookshelves or supporting dowels). The manufactured wood has a nice finish that doesn't easily show scratches or dings like some others do.

Overall, a good value to keep books and toys off the floor. My child enjoys seeing his books displayed, and it's easy for him to choose the book that he wants to look at.
on April 22, 2011
I love the bookshelf. Right now it is packed to capacity with 39 board books of varying sizes. My baby is only 3 months old so she doesn't enjoy the bookshelf yet but I'm sure she will. In the future, we'll have to swap out the books since it can only fit so many but it's nice. The baby can pick out her favorites because everything is at her eye level. The two drawers below are so handy. We put all of her toys and stuffed animals in there. It keeps the room organized. It's also heavy so the baby can't pull it down on top of her. It doesn't even budge.

The shelf came in a timely manner. The only downside is that a corner piece broke off. It required some glue but otherwise was in good condition.
on March 10, 2011
This bookcase is perfect for my baby's nursery. It arrived very quickly after I ordered it and it only took my husband about 15 minutes to put together. It is very attractive and it holds a lot of books. The storage bins at the bottom are great, too. I think my baby is going to enjoy this bookshelf for a long time!
on February 9, 2013
I am a bookworm, and a rather nerdy one :) and this was the first thing to be set up in my baby's nursery. It made me so excited! We also realized that the first thing our baby had were books, and then, the first thing to be set up was the bookshelf. We joke because all the baby has is books and pj's and I said "well, what else do you need in life?". Now I see that what any young kid needs is this bookshelf. It is the perfect size for a little person and it holds a good amount of books in display. I'd like to be able to put more, but I understand that for them being able to see around 25 books is more than enough, then we can switch.
I also set it up all by myself and found it very easy. I am not stupid, but I am very pregnant :) I still could move everything around and the assembly in itself was easy, no need for a third hand or anything. Anybody can do it in like 15 mins. The material is very soft and the color is perfect to stand children usage. The boxes below the shelves are genious and we have stored even more books in one and small toys in the other. Now all we need is the baby!! (well, and some more furniture...)