Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 146 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 161 reviews
on March 26, 2017
My 9 year old granddaughter loves this book. When I visited last we sat down with it and went through the entire thing together. She is not one who reads a lot of books, but she loves this one because of the amazing facts. The National Geographic pictures are wonderful, too. Great for girls and boys and especially fun to read aloud and amaze friends and family.
on May 15, 2017
This book will even get non-readers reading! My two boys love to read these books and tell everyone the interesting facts they found out. Great book - highly recommend!!!
on July 8, 2017
2nd and 3rd graders absolutely have tons of fun learning with this line of books as well as encouraging social skills with classmates and grown ups!!!!!
on October 22, 2011
I still find books that my grandparents gave me over 1/2 century ago. My 7 year old grandaughter receives so many clothes and toys for birthdays and holidays that I really want to give her something special and different. She loves the book!!! She takes it with her all the time, and periodically pops up with facts she has learned. She is starting to read in 1st grade, and picks up more of the words every time. Her mind is challenged and it has been a great gift. Every day should be a learning experience, and this book creates a learning environment. I love it too. Fun to read and fun to share with her, and I am all about that. A definite keeper.
on January 13, 2017
Our son asked for this book for Christmas after seeing a smaller version. It's super great for him, who is a beginning reader. He reads it out loud to us and the facts are very interesting! He goes to school and tells his friends about the facts he reads. Very large book, but he has book marks where he saves his pages. It will last him for many years I'm sure!
on March 28, 2017
Can't beat National Geographic for kids
on March 21, 2017
my 11-year old son LOVES these books!
on July 16, 2017
Encourages reading in young children
on November 7, 2013
Although I usually don't generalize, the facts in this book are amazing, even for adults! You should really check out the outrageous stuff on pg. 112. If you get hardcover, the binding is shiny. It's not great literature, but I think it is very fun.
on June 5, 2014
Too many large pictures that really state very lilttle. Book much too large and heavy for to be convenient. Most pictures appear to have been drawn by someone trying to be funny. Too junky