Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 46 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 51 reviews
on December 28, 2010
When I was eight years old, my then teenaged brother used to make up sanitized versions of the lyrics to his favorite songs by Prince, Parliament, Funkadelic and the like, so that he could sing them in front of us little kids without getting into trouble. KidzBop does the same thing with today's popular music, so that I can play them for my eight year old. Truth told, however, I tend to object less to the lyrics of today's music than the atonal and off key, self-indulgent riff-a-thons that some of today's popular singers engage in. The added bonus of KidzBop is that the unknown kids who are covering the songs of popular artists, in many cases, have better singing voices than the popular artists do. Consequently, my little one can now happily listen to hits like "Baby" without making my right eye twitch!
on September 17, 2010
I have a 7 year old boy and girl. Both begged me for Kids Bop 18. They got some Kids Bop promo's from Wendy's a year or so ago and loved it. They enjoy Kids Bop 18 except for the fact that they change the lyrics. When they sing them they get hung up on the changes.

Example 1: California girls.
The chorus is supposed to include "skin so hot it melts your Popsicle" and in Kids Bop it is excluded. I guess they think the lyrics are too racy but my 7 year old thinks they are talking about the icy Popsicle that you eat and it melts on your skin when it heats up from being on the sunny beach. If Kids Bop thinks the lyrics are inappropriate they should not have included the song.

Example 2: Sorry I can't remember the name of the song.
In the lyrics "just prayed to a god that I don't believe in", the word god has been changed to "thing". The new lyrics are "just prayed to a thing that I don't believe in". That doesn't even make sense. What's the big deal over the word god? It's on ALL of our money yet kids can't say the "Pledge of Allegiance" in school because the words "one nation under god" are deemed offensive. Again, just don't put the song on the album.

Otherwise great album. Keeps the kids entertained for hours on trips and they sing their lungs out instead of pummeling each other.
on January 6, 2017
Cd works but camr in with hug crack across the font of the case. Was packaged in a good sized box with air bags I'm it, so it was clearly not done during shipping..otherwise cd is fine and works good.
on March 30, 2015
I bought this as a gift for my eight year old niece. She asked for it for her birthday. It drove my sister-in-law nuts after a while because my niece listened to it Repeatedly. Especially on long car rides. She would sing along and knew all the words. The sound quality was good and the packaging quality was good as well.
on January 30, 2017
what! kid music
on November 22, 2015
The music was nice and clean and my seven year old son loves to hear the songs over and over.
on August 22, 2010
I bought this for my nine y/o. She keeps asking me to play it in the car. She really enjoys it and listens to it all the time. It has a lot of her favorite music on it, although some of the words are changed, which is good from my point of view. It's not my taste in music but it's good to have something she likes and is bareable to me. I would definately recommend this to other parents.
on August 30, 2010
My six year old loves pop music, and the Kidz Bop CD's are perfect for her, because they 'tone down' the lyrics, and then I don't have her asking me questions I'm not ready to answer yet (!). We've loved the past few versions, but 18 is by far her favorite. She wants to listen to it all the time, over and over. And the kids that sing on these are really good! Overall, we love it.
on September 22, 2010
This songs are clearly remakes of the original and have subtle changes in the words, but they sound great. As a parent, sometimes it is hard to prohibit children from listening to some of the newest songs because they are suggestive in a negative way and/or contain profanity. My solution to this issue - get an ipod nano and put albums like this one on it.
on June 3, 2016