Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kidz Delight Smooth Touch Smart Phone
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ingrid Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

on August 23, 2012
I am giving it two stars mostly because one star means I hate it, and hate is such a strong word.

If you are looking for an iPhone knockoff to give your toddler to play with so he/she can leave your real phone alone, this is NOT the item to get. Any 18 months + toddler who have played with a real iPhone will not want to have anything to do with this. I think the more suitable age for this toy is more the 9-12 months crowd. My 19 months old, who's been using my iPhone since forever, looked at me like "are you kidding me" when I handed him this toy. I am returning it.

The biggest problem is, the photos are misleading. It makes it appear as if the toy has a screen like the iPhone and icons on them when you push, something will show up on the screen. That is NOT the case. There is no screen, unless you count the little dot on the upper left corner that lights up when you hit those buttons. The rest of the "screen" is just a sticker of icons, when you press "1", it just says "1". That's it! I realize $20 wasn't going to get me a real iPhone like toy, but still, this is maybe a $10 toy that's not even as good as some of the other toy phones on the market for the younger kids. Very disappointed.
22 comments| 249 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2012
I was really excited when I saw this phone on Amazon. I even preordered it! My 11 month old son is obsessed with my iPhone. The product is MUCH different in person than the one picture Amazon had up. I've included some photos so you can see what it actually looks like. The screen doesn't light up or act like its a real phone at all. Its a cheap sticker stuck onto a giant piece of white plastic. The phone is much larger and chunkier than a real iPhone, and honestly doesn't resemble it at all. Its not even fun to play with. My son took one look at it and tossed it aside. I already returned it. I might have kept it if it was around $5 (I paid $21.99 preordered), but anything more than that is NOT worth it.
review image review image review image
33 comments| 130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 18, 2013
I bought this phone for my one year old for Christmas expecting it to be similar to an actual smartphone since that's how it's advertised and priced, bc he loved our cell phones so much. He's almost 2 years old now and still prefers his $5 play phone over this one. I changed the batteries to be sure they weren't duds....they weren't the product shouldn't be advertised for making noise or lighting up. You can't hear anything, there are no buttons just stickers and I was so disappointed mainly because childrens phones are typically much cheaper than this one, I was willing to pay extra because I thought it would be heavier and more high tech simulating an actual cell phone....I was wrong :-(
on April 18, 2013
This is a plastic square with a sticker on the front. If my 8 month old daughter could talk she would say "Daddy, WTF is this!?". Not only is it cheaply made it is also a complete bore. There are buttons to make it ring and say things but it is junk. It is also about as thick as a subway sandwich...but in the pictures it looks thin like an iphone. This purchase makes me hate myself.
on August 21, 2012
I sort of thought the whole screen would be backlit like a real iphone, but instead only one small circle icon in the upper left lights up. The rest of the buttons are just a big sticker that covers the whole front of the screen. The sticker and phone are good quality and appear to be well made.

The sound is not to loud, not to soft, just right.

The buttons are fairly easy to press. It is slightly larger than a real iphone.

Overall I'm happy with it and my son seems to like it. i just wish i knew that only one small icon lights up and the rest are just an image.
---------------------------------

Edit to 2 stars- 12/9/2013: My son did not end up using this phone very much in the long run... I think the buttons were harder to press than I realized. He mostly just presses the "home" button and turns the phone on and off repeatedly. In the end we ended up purchasing the Sesame Street Smart Phone which he plays with so much more! It's slight bulkier, but the whole thing lights up and its way easier to press the screen. Playskool A1557 Sesame Street Smartphone
review image review image
on March 20, 2013
appeared to be louder while in box - after removal of tag, we can barely hear the phone instructions. {Put in new batteries day later and still can't hear instructions

Waste of money - My grandson won't even play with it. I don't even enjoy it. Sure glad I didn't also buy the ipad -
on December 29, 2013
I bought this for my 19 month old son, thinking he'd play with it because he likes to play with my iPhone so much. Well, he has yet to play with it for more than a few seconds. There is no display- it's only a bunch of buttons that are hard for little fingers to push. May be a good toy for an older child, as it has word games and color games- which my tot can't understand right now.
on September 28, 2013
Certainly not worth the money , sound so low and worth about 5 bucks . Certainly not as subscribed , returning !
on October 2, 2013
This was okay. A little pricey. I thought it was going to do more. This is not advvance enought for two year olds.
on February 15, 2014
I agree with everyone that says this toy is 1)over priced 2)not age appropriate (for younger child) 3) only one light responds to that one lil button 4)volume is so low can not be turned up!! My son just turned 1 and i wanted to give him a toy similar to our android phones. There are so many wrong things with this toy phone and it took FOREVER to arrive. I almost forgot i ordered it when it came. My son luckily always fines one button on toys and presses it repeatedly so this one and only button was it LOL. I was really mad that it cost so much. I would pay $5 dollars maybe for this, $10 aint worth it neither. He got a great time warner cable like remote for $10 at conway store that does WAY more then this silly phone. Its so huge too, i guess for smaller hands. I do not like it but what can i do now its here and its part of the collection of other over priced toys that do very little. I'm done buying toys for a while. Rather see them all in person and make decision then. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!