BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

on September 13, 2013
My daughter really likes these. They are nice looking and good quality. Just remember that YOUR KID IS GONNA TALK LIKE THIS WHENEVER THEY HAVE THEM ON BECAUSE THEY DON'T REALIZE YOU CAN HEAR THEM PERFECTLY WELL WITHOUT THEM SHOUTING OVER THE MUSIC. If you can live with that, these are great. :)
1717 comments| 516 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 12, 2010
After researching headsets for my 5.5 yr old, I bought this set and the Griffin myphones. I thought we could compare them, and if we liked both, one set could be for my 17 month old, too. After two weeks, my 5 yr old and I both prefer this set. It has a wider adjustment range, (fits the toddler AND fits me, an avg.-headed woman, but doesn't fit larger-headed husband) The sound quality is excellent, the plastic seems durable and flexible, and should withstand moderately rough use.

The options for two ways of controlling volume is particularly nice, b/c my son mostly listens to audio books, but also listens to music sometimes. The flexibility is great, b/c other headsets "volume limiters" just lower the overall volume, thus causing the spoken word or quieter songs, soft music (esp. lullaby style music) to not get loud enough to hear.

Before purchasing this headset, I called Kidz Gear on the phone to ask specifically about the decibel restriction issue above. I was promptly answered by a friendly, polite man with plenty of good information and the willingness to explain it all. Customer service seemed excellent, should I need help in the future.

I am a research-nut and not very easy to please. Despite these qualities, I would buy this again and would recommend it to others.
1313 comments| 1,281 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 23, 2012
I am confused by an earlier reviewer comments. These headphones work great with our iPad 2 (and other entertainment devices). I can't help but wonder if somehow they didn't have them plugged in properly.

My children have owned the original Kidz Gear Wired Headphones for several years. We use them around the home and for travel. I wanted to have a few extra sets on hand and decided to buy the new colored models. As the colored models are just out, and there are few reviews, I thought I would clarify that these are exactly the same as the original Kidz Gear Wired Headphones that get excellent reviews. You can read what people have to say about the originals here:

In my experience I have found these headphones to be durable with excellent sound quality. When I say durable, I mean that for several years we have carried these around in a backpack, within a Ziploc bag. They have been sat on several times, used daily, and still work great. The ear cups fit comfortably on a child's ears and there is adequate room to adjust the headset from toddler size to a pre-teen (they also fit our 13 year old niece). I like the fact that the noise reduction cable is a separate piece. We almost always use it, but have occasionally removed it when on a very loud airplane. We have used the headphones with a portable DVD player, iPhone, iTouch, iPad and a PC, with and without a splitter (so that two or more headphones can be hooked up to the same device).

These are just simply a great product and provide excellent value for the price.
11 comment| 427 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 20, 2017
Just received these headphones in pink. My 4 year old daughter loves them because they are pink. They seem fine, I am just worried about how flimsy the plastic seems where the headphones attach. Only time will tell. The padded ear parts are small, which is good for her since she is pretty little now. I went with another brand for her 6 year old brother, which I am glad as I think these would have been small on him.
The volume control is right on the cord and I do t think limits the volume enough. I put it as low as it would go and turned the tablet up as high as it would go and it was way too loud. While this feature is what attracted me to these, it seems that in the end, it doesn't function as well as I had hoped.
My daughter likes them and if they last a year, all will be good. The price was good and I didn't want to spend too much on headphones either.
on August 10, 2015
I actually purchased these headphones for my son not to use as real headphones, but because he has sensory issues when it comes to sound. When he feels overwhelmed he tends to cover his ears so I bought these headphone to offer him as a means on coping with the issue. He LOVES them. He also wears them to play his leap pad and they have been great. I love that they are volume limited and the cord length is not too short or too long. The are easy to adjust and seem comfortable on his head. My only wish is that the cord could disconnect from the headset as well (just because it would be fit our needs of using them as sound protection rather than actual headphone) but they are still pretty great. I recommend them and would order them again.
on July 17, 2016
Purchased these for my 8 and 5 year old kids to use and both girls have complained that they are uncomfortable to use due to the hard plastic top. The ear muffs are also too small to cover either girls ears and these are supposed to be kids headphones. They much prefer the Ausdom leather padded headphones that cost $5 less than these. I regret this purchase.
on March 4, 2017
Bought these for a plane trip for my son. They fit awesome (he is two) and he loved wearing them. However, while on the plane, he couldn't hear anything because of the volume control. Luckily, this brand has their volume control removable so I was able to remove it on the plane. Otherwise I would have been very disappointed.
on January 25, 2017
Edit 9/16/2017: I loved the first set of headphones I bought in November 2016 for my son for school. The original headphones are still working great and my son is still using them at school this year. The problem is I bought a second set just last month to replace the headphones my son had used at home that broke. Tonight the headphone jack broke off inside my sons Kindle Fire tablet and I couldn't get it out! After a lot of frustration and prying out with manicure scissors (that did some damage to the hole where the jack goes in) I got it out. Thank goodness or the tablet would be ruined too. I don't know what happened to the quality from the first set I purchases and this new one but I would not recommend. I will be replacing with a different brand. Changed from a 4 star to a 2 because of this new development. I can't imagine having that happen ever again.

Original review: These are perfect for my son to use at school. He as a small head for a 9 year old boy. They fit him well. I tried them on as well and they will adjust to fit my head as well. The size of the ear pads were small for me but I could use them if needed. They were the perfect size for him. We don't use the volume limiting control cord as he is old enough to not need it.
review image review image
on December 21, 2015
We have had these for both my daughters for five years (since they were 2 and 3) from back when they only came in grey! They have been crammed in backpacks for over 50 international flights and stepped on in the car numerous times-- never had a problem. I was dubious about the sound restriction being an extra cable, but it does help to be able to remove it on certain airline audio systems, loud restaurants, and if you use the splitter ( when all batteries have died during extended travel and you're down to one electronic device!) We are buying another to replace one just left on a plane...I would love it if they folded for travel, but I will stick with Kidz Gear because I trust the quality.
on May 26, 2014
I have a two year old and we were fixing to take our first plane ride. I wanted headphones for her to use with her iPad and purchased these because they have a sound limit on them. I guess either I didn't understand the sound limit on these in the description or maybe I was expecting to much. My kid knows how to adjust the volume on her iPad and would listen to it blaring loud if I didn't stop her. The headphones have a volume toggle on the cord where you can adjust the volume as well. So if I have the iPad volume up all the way, the headphones can still be turned louder and vice versa. I don't really see how this limits the volume. I was constantly trying to make sure she didn't turn the volume toggle up on her headphone. Other than this issue, these headphones were great. Cute color, sturdy and durable and also has a good sound quality for the price. BUT if you want it for the sound limitation I would look elsewhere. A sound limit is my opinion would mean that limit the sound to a level that is safe for your child and these do not.
44 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse