Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,717 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,925 reviews
on September 13, 2013
My daughter really likes these. They are nice looking and good quality. Just remember that YOUR KID IS GONNA TALK LIKE THIS WHENEVER THEY HAVE THEM ON BECAUSE THEY DON'T REALIZE YOU CAN HEAR THEM PERFECTLY WELL WITHOUT THEM SHOUTING OVER THE MUSIC. If you can live with that, these are great. :)
1717 comments| 505 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 12, 2010
After researching headsets for my 5.5 yr old, I bought this set and the Griffin myphones. I thought we could compare them, and if we liked both, one set could be for my 17 month old, too. After two weeks, my 5 yr old and I both prefer this set. It has a wider adjustment range, (fits the toddler AND fits me, an avg.-headed woman, but doesn't fit larger-headed husband) The sound quality is excellent, the plastic seems durable and flexible, and should withstand moderately rough use.

The options for two ways of controlling volume is particularly nice, b/c my son mostly listens to audio books, but also listens to music sometimes. The flexibility is great, b/c other headsets "volume limiters" just lower the overall volume, thus causing the spoken word or quieter songs, soft music (esp. lullaby style music) to not get loud enough to hear.

Before purchasing this headset, I called Kidz Gear on the phone to ask specifically about the decibel restriction issue above. I was promptly answered by a friendly, polite man with plenty of good information and the willingness to explain it all. Customer service seemed excellent, should I need help in the future.

I am a research-nut and not very easy to please. Despite these qualities, I would buy this again and would recommend it to others.
1313 comments| 1,264 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 23, 2012
I am confused by an earlier reviewer comments. These headphones work great with our iPad 2 (and other entertainment devices). I can't help but wonder if somehow they didn't have them plugged in properly.

My children have owned the original Kidz Gear Wired Headphones for several years. We use them around the home and for travel. I wanted to have a few extra sets on hand and decided to buy the new colored models. As the colored models are just out, and there are few reviews, I thought I would clarify that these are exactly the same as the original Kidz Gear Wired Headphones that get excellent reviews. You can read what people have to say about the originals here:

In my experience I have found these headphones to be durable with excellent sound quality. When I say durable, I mean that for several years we have carried these around in a backpack, within a Ziploc bag. They have been sat on several times, used daily, and still work great. The ear cups fit comfortably on a child's ears and there is adequate room to adjust the headset from toddler size to a pre-teen (they also fit our 13 year old niece). I like the fact that the noise reduction cable is a separate piece. We almost always use it, but have occasionally removed it when on a very loud airplane. We have used the headphones with a portable DVD player, iPhone, iTouch, iPad and a PC, with and without a splitter (so that two or more headphones can be hooked up to the same device).

These are just simply a great product and provide excellent value for the price.
11 comment| 421 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2015
My 1 year old used these on a very long flight across the US. I was able to expand the headphones large enough to fit on my head. It's a great product because it has a volume control on the cord which lets the child using these turn the sound up and down to a certain degree.
review image
0Comment| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2016
We purchased a couple of pairs of these headsets for my kids to use with their tablets. Both headsets are comfortable and fit both my kids very well. My kids like that they can control the volume themselves and I appreciate that the volume on them is limited. My youngest child, however, has gone through about 4 pairs of these. She has a habit of constantly playing with the cable while it's plugged in. This has lead to the headphones to stop working altogether after a couple of months. My oldest, who is a bit easier on them, still has head the same issue, just less infrequently. I purchased a different pair (LilGadgets Connect+ Premium Volume Limited Wired Headphones with SharePort for Children - Pink) and those were even worse. So, I've come back to the Kidz Gear headphones.
on July 13, 2016
Worked perfect for the airplane. No issues with noise since you can control if they have the sound reduction. Our 2 year old and 4 year old had no problems using them and they fit great. They even fit my husband lol! Durable! at first I was worried they might break but they were put through a lot of tests on our vacation lol needless to say if you're flying with little ones and searching a good pair of headphones - these are it. I did so much researching and I am very pleased with the purchase!
review image review image review image
on May 16, 2017
This is actually the fourth pair of these I've bought because the first sets were so awesome. I bought three pairs about 5 years ago, two of them were lost after 2-3 years. The third ones finally gave up the ghost after about 4 years of severe abuse, one of the wires broke after they got stuck in the seat of a car and my son tried to brute force them out so the wire broke, which he was very sad about since they were his favourite headphones. The sound quality is surprisingly good, the volume control slide is very nice and firm, the size is perfect for little heads but comfortable enough for big ones (my son was about 14 or 15 when he finally broke his and is a pretty big guy), the cushioning on the ear cups is nice and soft and supple and the purple colour is very pretty and is fairly accurately represented on the site.
on November 20, 2014
Worked out great for a roadtrip for my 4yr old. I got these because he has a bit of a large head and I needed to make sure they would fit. I even tried them on myself and they fit me as well. As a joke I gave them to my husband to try on, he wears a xxl hat so i thought it be funny to see how small theyd look him but to our surprise he could actually wear them too. My mother in law was so surprised they fit him she tried them on herself and ended up getting herself some. My son wants me to get some for myself so we can match and just think I might. Sound quality was great and I loved that you could add the extra piece to help reduce the sound level even more. I didnt end up using it though as my son had no interest in the volume switch.
on January 17, 2017
My son, now 8, really likes the headphones but they are not well made. He just went through his third pair. The first pair lasted quite a while, at least a couple of years. However, the metal part at the end of the jack broke. We got a second pair but that one broke in the same place after a few months and the end of the jack broke off in the AV port of his iPad. After numerous attempts to dislodge it, I eventually managed to get it out using super-glue. The latest pair only lasted a couple of weeks and had the same problem.

I assumed that the first pair was just normal use and the second he was just not being careful. However, the last pair makes it pretty clear to me that there is something wrong with the design or manufacture.
on August 8, 2016
Ok so we bought these for my son, he has used them a total of 1.5 days sitting on the couch not really moving, First the Volume Control Dongel has gone out and now only one channel works on the headphones..... Wow i have never seen headphone break this quick!