Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Dot Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on September 13, 2013
My daughter really likes these. They are nice looking and good quality. Just remember that YOUR KID IS GONNA TALK LIKE THIS WHENEVER THEY HAVE THEM ON BECAUSE THEY DON'T REALIZE YOU CAN HEAR THEM PERFECTLY WELL WITHOUT THEM SHOUTING OVER THE MUSIC. If you can live with that, these are great. :)
1717 comments| 524 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 12, 2010
After researching headsets for my 5.5 yr old, I bought this set and the Griffin myphones. I thought we could compare them, and if we liked both, one set could be for my 17 month old, too. After two weeks, my 5 yr old and I both prefer this set. It has a wider adjustment range, (fits the toddler AND fits me, an avg.-headed woman, but doesn't fit larger-headed husband) The sound quality is excellent, the plastic seems durable and flexible, and should withstand moderately rough use.

The options for two ways of controlling volume is particularly nice, b/c my son mostly listens to audio books, but also listens to music sometimes. The flexibility is great, b/c other headsets "volume limiters" just lower the overall volume, thus causing the spoken word or quieter songs, soft music (esp. lullaby style music) to not get loud enough to hear.

Before purchasing this headset, I called Kidz Gear on the phone to ask specifically about the decibel restriction issue above. I was promptly answered by a friendly, polite man with plenty of good information and the willingness to explain it all. Customer service seemed excellent, should I need help in the future.

I am a research-nut and not very easy to please. Despite these qualities, I would buy this again and would recommend it to others.
1313 comments| 1,296 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 23, 2012
I am confused by an earlier reviewer comments. These headphones work great with our iPad 2 (and other entertainment devices). I can't help but wonder if somehow they didn't have them plugged in properly.

My children have owned the original Kidz Gear Wired Headphones for several years. We use them around the home and for travel. I wanted to have a few extra sets on hand and decided to buy the new colored models. As the colored models are just out, and there are few reviews, I thought I would clarify that these are exactly the same as the original Kidz Gear Wired Headphones that get excellent reviews. You can read what people have to say about the originals here:

In my experience I have found these headphones to be durable with excellent sound quality. When I say durable, I mean that for several years we have carried these around in a backpack, within a Ziploc bag. They have been sat on several times, used daily, and still work great. The ear cups fit comfortably on a child's ears and there is adequate room to adjust the headset from toddler size to a pre-teen (they also fit our 13 year old niece). I like the fact that the noise reduction cable is a separate piece. We almost always use it, but have occasionally removed it when on a very loud airplane. We have used the headphones with a portable DVD player, iPhone, iTouch, iPad and a PC, with and without a splitter (so that two or more headphones can be hooked up to the same device).

These are just simply a great product and provide excellent value for the price.
11 comment| 427 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 16, 2017
This is actually the fourth pair of these I've bought because the first sets were so awesome. I bought three pairs about 5 years ago, two of them were lost after 2-3 years. The third ones finally gave up the ghost after about 4 years of severe abuse, one of the wires broke after they got stuck in the seat of a car and my son tried to brute force them out so the wire broke, which he was very sad about since they were his favourite headphones. The sound quality is surprisingly good, the volume control slide is very nice and firm, the size is perfect for little heads but comfortable enough for big ones (my son was about 14 or 15 when he finally broke his and is a pretty big guy), the cushioning on the ear cups is nice and soft and supple and the purple colour is very pretty and is fairly accurately represented on the site.
on July 13, 2016
We purchased a couple of pairs of these headsets for my kids to use with their tablets. Both headsets are comfortable and fit both my kids very well. My kids like that they can control the volume themselves and I appreciate that the volume on them is limited. My youngest child, however, has gone through about 4 pairs of these. She has a habit of constantly playing with the cable while it's plugged in. This has lead to the headphones to stop working altogether after a couple of months. My oldest, who is a bit easier on them, still has head the same issue, just less infrequently. I purchased a different pair (LilGadgets Connect+ Premium Volume Limited Wired Headphones with SharePort for Children - Pink) and those were even worse. So, I've come back to the Kidz Gear headphones.
on January 17, 2017
My son, now 8, really likes the headphones but they are not well made. He just went through his third pair. The first pair lasted quite a while, at least a couple of years. However, the metal part at the end of the jack broke. We got a second pair but that one broke in the same place after a few months and the end of the jack broke off in the AV port of his iPad. After numerous attempts to dislodge it, I eventually managed to get it out using super-glue. The latest pair only lasted a couple of weeks and had the same problem.

I assumed that the first pair was just normal use and the second he was just not being careful. However, the last pair makes it pretty clear to me that there is something wrong with the design or manufacture.
on November 20, 2014
Worked out great for a roadtrip for my 4yr old. I got these because he has a bit of a large head and I needed to make sure they would fit. I even tried them on myself and they fit me as well. As a joke I gave them to my husband to try on, he wears a xxl hat so i thought it be funny to see how small theyd look him but to our surprise he could actually wear them too. My mother in law was so surprised they fit him she tried them on herself and ended up getting herself some. My son wants me to get some for myself so we can match and just think I might. Sound quality was great and I loved that you could add the extra piece to help reduce the sound level even more. I didnt end up using it though as my son had no interest in the volume switch.
on March 2, 2018
I cannot tell you how hard it is to find good kids earphones. We had already been through 2 pairs that because of the sound restrictions were HORIBBLE on an airplane because you couldn’t hear anything on the iPad. I had actually started to purchase another pair of earphones and then a friend told me about these and I decided to take the chance, cancel my other order and order 2 sets of here for me 2 and 3 year old. The moment I took them out of the box I was soooo impressed w how they were designed. The other 2 kids earphones I have Came off my kids ears really easily (hello silly toddlers) .. these are designed SO amazing, and fit right over he ears and I bet they could run around with them on and nothave them fall off. I Facebooked my friend within 3 minutes of opening the box to thank her for the recommendation. For the FIRST time in 3 years I have found a pair of earphones that looks like it’s designed for toddlers. The great thing is the sound is great! To the point my daughter (who loves things loud) told me it was too loud for a second until I turned it down. It comes with a seperate piece u can attach to make it super safe for your kids hearing. BUTTT you have the choice to not attach it which is SO hard to find. Again for traveling on airplanes, I feel the feature to not have that protector on is crucial! Trust me for 2 years of traveling I’ve had my daughter for 2 hours on the plane say “I can’t hear it... I can’t hear it” ... and I know that won’t be the case this year. 1 step closer to a smoother travel sesh with the fam. My 2 year old is refusing to take hem off right now while I write this review because she loves them so much!!
review imagereview imagereview image
on August 10, 2015
I actually purchased these headphones for my son not to use as real headphones, but because he has sensory issues when it comes to sound. When he feels overwhelmed he tends to cover his ears so I bought these headphone to offer him as a means on coping with the issue. He LOVES them. He also wears them to play his leap pad and they have been great. I love that they are volume limited and the cord length is not too short or too long. The are easy to adjust and seem comfortable on his head. My only wish is that the cord could disconnect from the headset as well (just because it would be fit our needs of using them as sound protection rather than actual headphone) but they are still pretty great. I recommend them and would order them again.
on August 8, 2016
Ok so we bought these for my son, he has used them a total of 1.5 days sitting on the couch not really moving, First the Volume Control Dongel has gone out and now only one channel works on the headphones..... Wow i have never seen headphone break this quick!