Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 57 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 62 reviews
on December 29, 2011
1) It's way too big to put on a keychain. How will you ever lug your keys around with this heavy ass plastic grenade on it?
2) Don't even think about trying to put your keys in your pocket once the grenade is attached, the thing is about the size of a tennis ball. Good luck.
3) Now that I have established that it will be impossible to bring this around with you, it then just becomes something that sits on your desk at work as a conversation piece.
4) The little attachments are really hard to get out, you practically need a pair of pliers to take them out.
5) Looks cool and is fun to toss at unsuspecting friends and coworkers.
on January 25, 2013
We bought this as a gift for a handyman. Mostly as a novelty rather than as a useful set of tools. Since it was a gift we did not get the chance to use it but...

The first thing I noticed the instant it came out of the Amazon box was that it is not the size of a real grenade. But it wasn't for me and I know the person we were giving it to would have no experience with the real thing so they wouldn't know or care.

The other important point about this came when the recipient opened the gift (it was Christmas with the family so we were all together). He opened it, took it apart, shrugged his shoulders, put it back together, said nothing, and put it down. That said volumes to us: he was not impressed, he couldn't think of anything nice to say about it, and even the novelty of it being grenade-like didn't save it.

So that was money down the tubes (yeah, it's only five bucks, but still it was five bucks wasted). We probably should have sent it back but we felt it was better to just let the whole topic die quietly. Fortunately we had gotten him a bunch of other cool stuff he loved.
on December 12, 2012
Like most people, I don't find this to be a very functional item. The cap sticks and I worry about breaking it every time I go to open it. I got it as a stocking stuffer and I'm sure that the receiver will open it up, think it's awesome, and throw it in a drawer for all eternity. Worth the six or seven dollars for what it is.
on March 30, 2017
Cheap
on November 27, 2010
I think it is hilarious, but the hinge in the back only let me open it a couple times before breaking.
I was actually going to give it to someone, but I can't now.
I don't think tools should be fragile.
on January 22, 2013
I initially purchased this tool set in Las Vegas, Nevada for it's quirkiness and functionality. I unfortunately put it in my carry-on luggage for the flight home, which, while hilarious in retrospect, was not my brightest idea at the time. It is a fun object toi keep on my desk at work and has come in handy on several occasions. The only drawback is the drive component fitting, which is plastic, worries me that it will one day only be useful as a bit holder.
on January 2, 2014
My son is 21, but has always liked things that are "cool" or quirky (like him, lol). This was such a low price, I didn't know how much to expect, but it is really an awesome little grenade. When you remove the pin, the grenade opens and there are multiple screwdriver heads clipped inside. He showed it off all day long, he really thought it was awesome :)
on March 9, 2011
This is a really fun item - I purchased it as a prize for a give away but liked it so much I kept it for myself. Nobody is going to mistake this for a real grenade so don't worry about that part and nobody should think this is a replacement for their home tools. But it does work as a screwdriver in a pinch and its FUN! Buy two - one to give away for a fun item and one to keep for yourself. It's a grown up's toy that is also useful. I'm glad I purchased it and I will purchase more for gifts.
on June 21, 2013
Bought this initially as a gift for my boyfriend and he loves it!
As we bought our new TV stand and build it together the screwdriver was very handy since we had to place screws in tiny places,our "normal" screwdriver couldnt handle it so we switched to this one. Very nice grip and looks awesome!!
Probably my new favorite tool in the house :)
on September 8, 2014
Purchased as a gag gift for our christmas party family games. Definitely a nice gag gift, but as for actually using it to screw/unscrew things, you're probably better off using something else. It was also a little difficult to get the pieces in and out of the case.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.