Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kikkerland A4 plus Leuchtturm Master Ruled Notebook, 8.75 x 12.5 Inch
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on February 9, 2011
It's pretty big, but that's why I like it. I often take notes on top of printed out emails, handouts, etc. and this notebook is large enough that i can then attach them to a dated page. I find that a single page can generally hold all my hand written notes from any single meeting and usually 2 pages is everything for a day, which makes it nice for reference. In addition, there is room in the margin of every page for annotation. Perforated pages at the back are a nice touch, as well as a table of contents you can fill out later. It's also a very nice looking and well made notebook. Pages are thick enough and of high enough quality that you don't get much ink bleed through. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
on September 7, 2011
I got one of these a while ago and now just found them on Amazon for good price and easy ordering. This compares favorably to Moleskine notebooks I have been using for years. I like this better because its bigger, has a space marked for date/topic at the top of each page, and the pages are numbered. I can't tell you how many times I wished my Moleskine notebook had numbered pages! And this book has a place for a table of contents at the front so you can reference key meetings/notes to the page numbers for quick reference later. Comes with stickers to label the book after its full and you put it aside to refer to later. Has a nice pocket built into the back cover (just like Moleskine notebooks) that is nice for holding a couple of loose documents, a couple of business cards, etc. Since the book is slightly oversize, you can fit 8.5 x 11 pages into this book (or the pocket in the back cover) without having to fold them or have edges hanging over. Very sturdy binding holds up and does not have pages coming loose. Opens flat so its comfortable to write on the pages. Nice ribbon page marker and elastic band to hold the book closed (I don't agree with comments that its "weak" it seems fine to me). To be honest, I like this better than Moleskine because of the numbered pages and the other things mentioned above. In terms of quality and look its pretty much the same as Moleskine. I used to order Moleskine notebooks by the case, now I am ordering these several at a time and using them exclusively. I get many comments from folks admiring this notebook. You can't go wrong.
on June 21, 2014
I have been an inconsistent journal writer for the past 55 years. With retirement and taking up family history seriously, there are more demands on my note taking book. I have tried many other formats over the years. Generally when I get a new book, I have to modify it to allow me to do what I want. I have to add margins, add page numbers, paste an envelope in the back or just live with a less than perfect book until I fill it in a few months and look for another. I don't know why it has taken me so long to find the Leuchtturm 1917. This full size book is exactly what I have always wanted. It even allows me to hold a few 8 1/2 by 11 pages inside without the 'hang over' I have experienced with previous books. The paper feels good to write on, is acid free and archive quality. This one is as near perfect as I have found.
I would recommend this or one of the similar items in smaller sizes to anyone who needs to keep thoughts, connections or ideas so they won't get lost. The serious student; the creative writer, artist, or sculptor; the engineer who doesn't want to lose that idea; or anyone who deals with ideas or people or history who needs to keep it all together.
on October 4, 2011
This notebook is amazing! I was in need of a very large notebook to use for journaling. After looking all over Amazon I decided to take a chance on these. I wouldn't waste this notebook for classes unless you are rich, but for a journal this is perfect.

- Elastic band holds the notebook together.
- There is a ribbon so you can find your place.
- The book is very large and you can attach 8.5x11 sheets on the inside.
- Ruling on the pages is not too small and not overly huge.
- The paper is thick so ink won't bleed through.

Each page is also pre-numbered, there is an index you can fill out at the front, the last 8 pages are perforated, it comes with labeling stickers for the front and for the spine, and there is a large pocket on the back cover that faces the inside. They thought of everything on this one.
on April 26, 2012
I am in meetings for at least half of the day, and its really helpful to keep all my meeting notes in one place, and to be able to refer back to them in an instant. I used to take notes on my computer, but the type of work I do and the office environment don't really work for that anymore - especially since I frequently have to draw legal org charts and diagrams and take notes simulatenously. So I started using a Moleskine notebook which was all fine and nice until I discovered the Leuchtturm1917. Wow, its just so nice. I really appreciate the weight of the paper. I can use highlighters and it doesn't show through to the other side. A Sharpie does, but just barely, so it isn't annoying. It lays flat on the desk and is just overall significantly better quality than the Moleskine equivalent. I like how large it is - it is the same width as an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper, but is about an inch taller. I would describe the ruled lines as standard spacing - not college ruled. My highest recommendation here, for what its worth!
on April 7, 2014
Use this at work to take notes and create to-do lists. Write the date in each corner and have everything I have worked on during a single project in one place. Like that it is large enough to fit a full size piece of paper in without sticking out. Will buy again once I fill it up. Also, I am 99% sure this is the binder Rust Cohle uses in True Detective S1.
on October 23, 2015
This is an awesome journal. I love the size, because I can write small, and if I have to, I can actually print 2 lines of text on each line of the page. Plus the leeway of the margin gives me the ability to add things if I have to. The paper is thick and smooth, and I love the pocket in the back that holds an 8-1/2" X 11" piece of paper. It looks impressive, it's sturdy and it feels great. I've ordered 3 now. The first one had 1 bookmark, the new ones have 2 bookmarks. You can write so much here, it's very satisfying.
on June 22, 2012
I don't normally write reviews for many products but I wanted to get my say in on this excellent product.

In short, it takes fountain pen ink, the paper is of extremely high quality. The lines are not distracting at all like other notebooks with annoying bold lines.. The book opens to almost lay flat and is made of good quality material and good craftsmanship. A little pricey in comparison, but perhaps worth it.

This is a "fairy tale" workhorse book that might not be ideal to carry around. I keep it at home and putin out, largely spread arcoss the desk. I was first overwhelmed by the size but have gotten used to it and found it very conducive to writing much more each day.

Bye bye Moleskine for good-- what a joke you've become.
on November 7, 2012
Love this notebook. I'm on my second one this year. It holds up far better than the current moleskines, which you can now find everywhere. To top it off, the lined paper is far less distracting than any other competing notebook and the paper color is more of an eggshell color instead of the nicotine yellow you'll find on some other notbooks. The spine and cover hold up to abuse and the binding as well is still just as sturdy now that I'm page 233/240. Also love that the pages are prenumbered. So you can jot the page number of an imporant event/date at the front of the notebook in case you want to jog your memory later.

All in all, solid notebook A++
on April 24, 2012
If a notebook can be life-changing, then the Leuchtturm1917 Master Ruled Notebook definitely takes that honor. The sturdy high-quality binder construction and thick, smooth paper ensure longevity. I have several of these notebooks (for work and for personal use), and despite a lot of use and occasional punishment (especially during travel), they all look brand-new. The master size is quite large (great for accommodating printed pages or handouts), but the open-flat design makes it easier to use than much smaller notebooks -- it never feels cumbersome or "in the way." I love the details like the ribbon page marker and the elastic band that holds the notebook closed (I've never noticed a problem with the elastic being weak). The numbered pages and blank table of contents really elevate the Leuchtturm1917 notebook into a class of its own.

As someone who's always loved good old pen-and-paper writing, I've spent years looking for the perfect notebook. This one is as close to perfection as I've found so far (yes, I even prefer it to Moleskine notebooks). I can't recommend it highly enough.