Kikkerland Safe Kitchen Timer, Red
|Price:||$17.00 + $4.99 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Kitchen timer made to look like a safe lock
- Magnetic - when on refrigerator looks like a lock
- Turn dial to set time
- Timer goes up to 60 minutes
- Measures 3.5-inch diameter
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1. It's bigger than I thought, though to be fair it's exactly the size the say it is, 3.5 inch diameter. For some reason it just struck me as a little bigger than expected. Not a knock... just more of a thing to keep in mind.
2. In the pictures, it looks like the dial is made of a hard black plastic, just like on one of those padlocks you had in high school. In person, that's not what it looks like though, it's soft rubber... which kinda throws off the whole safe thing to me.
3. The magnet isn't very strong... this is why I'm not giving it 5 stars. When you turn the dial, the whole unit turns... not to the point where you have to hold it with both hands or anything... just to the point where the little index point will move from like 0 degrees to about 45 degrees. In the end, I think I might just glue some old hard drive magnets to it or something.
So if you're buying it just for the neat look factor, something interesting to have in your kitchen or office... it's kinda cool... though I would say as a useful object, falls a bit short.
This is a great and fun kitchen timer. I highly recommend it!!! I have had no problems with mine, even just counting down only a minute.
The red part is made of rubber. This material was chosen so you can grip it easily when turning it.
— WIND PROPERLY —
When using it you will have to turn it *all the way around* to fully wind it up, then you can set it to whatever time you like. If you do not wind it all the way to the 55-60 minutes *first*, it will snap back to 0. So I repeat, rewind one full rotation first, *then* set your time.
I've read complaints about the magnet not being strong enough; it's true, the magnet really should be bigger/stronger on the back (I'm not sure why the designers skimped this material). I have discovered that if you push *against it* while turning, then it stays stuck to your fridge. You will have to practice turning it to get the hang of turning it without having it move around. The magnet meets the minimum requirement to not fall off.
The other complaint I've read about is that it isn't very loud. This is true as well. If you are in another room, you will most likely miss the ringing. If you are in the same room, you will not miss it. The ringing lasts about four seconds which is not very long. My other timer rings for a full minute before stopping (but that one is battery powered).
As for time accuracy, I measured it with my other kitchen timer along with an iPhone timer, the results are both analog kitchen timers were about 5-10 seconds behind the iPhone timer. If you want accuracy get a digital timer. For those that are pretty good at cooking and use a timer as a guideline, and want a cute timer, then this item for you.
It's a great conversation piece, and will look nice stuck on your fridge or stove. Recommended.
The only downside is that based on design, I keep thinking that I can turn and set the timer with one hand - nope. You have to hold the base with one hand and turn the timer with the other. It's not really the timer's fault, per say. But it's what stands between like and love.
*Update 3/9/2015* So, this timer has become a worthless piece of junk. I kept wondering why it didn't go off, it would get stuck at 4 - 5 minutes, and never ring. It didn't matter how far I wound it, it would stick at 4 - 5 minutes. I tried taking it off the fridge, so that it would unwind flat on the counter - nope, still gets at 4 - 5 minutes while sitting plat on the counter. That makes this completely useless as a kitchen timer.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Timing is different each time and alarm/ringer doesn't work. Worthless.Published 5 months ago by vinnivanhood
This is a single chime instead of a buzz, and it is not loud enough to be heard in the next room. I do not recommend it.Published 11 months ago by Carole D
Exactly what we were looking for! The magnet is awesome to keep this timer in a easy to reach/find place. It is a little expensive for a timer though.Published 11 months ago by Israel Painchaud
I just ordered the black timer to give as a gift. Not only was the packaging completely crushed and misshapen when it arrived, it was not the Kikkerland packaging shown in the... Read morePublished 14 months ago by AoTombo
I use this timer for my daughter's piano practice and when she gets dresses in the mornings (she get side tracked ) for school. It's great and easy to use. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Smcm
Great timer - sits on our stainless steel 32 cubic foot fridge. I tell new people at the house that my wife purchased a "safe" fridge to keep me out. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Braddster