Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 129 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 142 reviews
on February 16, 2014
I have used many different universal adapters but this is the cleverest design, I felt like I was playing with a piece of Transformer toy!

Anyway, this adapter can only be used with the Type A Flat Blade Attachment Plug or Type C Round Pin Attachment Plug, if you have something different, be careful. Check out this photo for the shapes of different plugs. [...]
Many people asked how to fit the adapter in a socket of Hong Kong or UK, so I took a video of 46 seconds and I hope you will find this useful!

Update:

My friend from Hong Kong (hello Chung!) bought a very similar product from a Japanese company (but made in China) called ROAD WARRIOR Go!con, the design is exactly the same as the Kikkerland Universal Adapter. A review written by D-T-D said he had been using the Japanese one for years, so I'm not sure who copied who. You can find this similar Japanese product on Amazon.com, just search "ROAD WARRIOR Go!con".
66 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2016
Super small and portable adapter, that fits virtually all plug types around the world. I have used this for Australia/New Zealand/China plugs, European 2-pin plugs (across Asia), and US plugs. I love the

My only complaint is that it sticks out of the wall quite a way, and when plugging in a heavy plug (such as plugging an Apple charger directly into the adapter) for 2-pin configurations, the adapter can fall out of the wall. This can typically be fixed when travelling by putting something underneath the adapter, which is annoying but not a deal breaker.

Overall a great device for travelling.
on September 26, 2016
I have owned numerous travel adapters in the past 15 years but this is my favorite. I am a minimalist packer so I am always hunting for the smallest, workable solution. This totally fits the bill as it is one of the most compact one I've ever found. It may not be the most substantial travel adapter I've owned but it has held up for 2 international trips, Nepal and Bhutan and shows no sign of wear.
on June 2, 2012
I was on a recent trip to China and Australia, where several of us had all different kinds of adapters. Many different and more expensive "universal" adapters were loose in plugs and less functional. This model was a tight fit in the sockets and was usable everywhere. Really cool about how small, light and compact they are. The biggest downside is that they are too easy to loose....Also those bars that stick out may prevent the use of a second outlet in the same electric box.
on August 17, 2017
I bought two and returned them both. One was faulty in that one of the side buttons used to bring the prongs closer didn't work. In any event, this adapter is terrible because it requires a large amount of brute force to separate the pieces in at least one configuration after you attach them. There's no way I want to deal with this sort of nonsense when I'm travelling. I'll just stick with taking separate adapters.
on July 31, 2011
These are the best international plug adapters I've ever found. I always carry several (for phone, computer, etc.) and have traveled all over the world with them. Never let me down.
Takes a few minutes to figure out... feels like the old "transformers" toys... but with one compact unit you can plug in to any outlet in the world! Not a lot of parts to keep track of. Not big and bulky like many others. Folds flat and easy to pack. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! (My wife just took several along on a trip to China. I came back to this site to order some more!)
on March 10, 2013
Not sure which one is the original, clone, knockoff, licensed product, etc...

But there's a Japanese brand called Warrior that has been making this exact same design for at least 10 years or so. I've been using it for years and am very happy with it. It works in every country I visited. It's light. It's small. So far, there's no better designed universal travel adapter for devices that use US-style plug.

I am glad to see this kind of adaptor available in the States as it's very hard to find Warrior adaptor outside of Japan. However, when comparing Kikkerland to Warrior, Warrior appears to be made with better plastic (or at least better mold). Kikkerland feels and is much cheaper. (Kikkerland is about half the price of Warrior at the time of writing this review.)

Given the price & the fact that Warrior is hard to find, you can't go wrong with Kikkerland. But if you want a Warrior, you can almost always get one at NRT for roughly twenty bucks.

I'd really like to meet the person who is responsible for this design and shake his/her hand some day.
on November 11, 2016
Stopped working after about 10 times of use. Nothing seem to be broken but it deliver no power so there are some internal malfunction. I'm not surprised as it is flimsy and cheap. It has falls out of the outlet if the cable is a little heavier. Only worked for very light cables until it stopped working all together.
on November 15, 2014
This is a nice, very compact universal power socket travel adapter. It's smaller than my cellphone (Moto X), fits well in my luggage and is easy to travel with. Kind of like a Transformer or Legos, you can assemble this into multiple different plug types to adapt your electrical items (make sure they are 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz compatible!) to multiple global electrical socket standards.
on May 28, 2017
Great product!

Have used it several times with no complaints.