- SUMMER SALE : Buy Any 4 Kikusumi Products and *SAVE an Additional 10% OFF* Entire Order! Enter code KIKUSU10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- SUMMER SALE: Buy Any 3 Kikusumi Products and *SAVE an Additional 8% OFF* Entire Order! Enter code KIKUSU08 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- SUMMER SALE: Buy Any 2 Kikusumi Products and *SAVE an Additional 5% OFF* Entire Order! Enter code KIKUSU05 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Kikusumi 3-Piece Chef Knife Set - SUMI Black Handle + Black Ceramic Blade - 7 inch Gyuto Chef Knife + 5 inch Santoku + 3 inch Paring + Luxury Gift Boxed Knife Set + 3 Knife Sheath + Free App (Black)
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- SHARP LIGHT PRECISE: Matte Black Ceramic knife set contains our special proprietary blend of ultra-premium quality zirconium oxide forms knives that are 50 % harder than steel knives. Each blade is ground to a double bevel edge then sharpened to a precise 11-13 ° angle that stays sharp and holds its edge longer. Perfect balance and knuckle clearance between the blade and handle. Black knife blades are fired at temperatures above 2700°F and stay razor sharp 10 times longer than steel blades.
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE: Ambidextrous knife handle is designed to fit the human hand comfortably - for either left or right hand cutting. The ergonomic shape is based on traditional Japanese knife design and features flowing contours that hug the curves of the hand. Finished with a soft tactile grip that prevents slipping even when wet. Smart pressure point location facilitates the knife cutting motion.
- INTELLIGENT DESIGN: The 3-Piece Knife Set set contains unique ceramic knives for specific cutting tasks: 7 inch Gyuto Chef Knife for cutting large quantities of food + 5 inch Santoku Knife ( Japanese Knife ) for precision peeling and slicing + 3 inch Paring Knife with amazing dexterity for working in tight areas like trimming, coring and peeling fruit and vegetables. 3 piece knife set comes with 3 custom fit protective knife sheaths + a Cooking App for IOS / Android makes it ideal for daily use.
- LUXURY KNIFE GIFT BOX: Knife blades undergo a second firing to sinter a beautiful red Kikusumi logo that adds artisan luxury to the minimalist design. Hi tech laser cutting of Kikusumi signature logo and packaged in a gorgeous magnetic knife gift set box creates a memorable gift opening experience.
- 100% GUARANTEED - The Kikusumi Platinum Warranty guarantees 100% satisfaction with a Lifetime Warranty against defects. We also publish books to help you cut better and cook better. We believe in our products & we want to build your trust. Try it Risk Free.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Kikusumi||HomeHero||Dalstrong Inc.||Itzo Products||LMS Sales & Consulting LLC||Mama's Kitchenware|
|Color||Black||Black||black blades, mirror finish||Black||Orange/white||Black|
KIKUSUMI is the oldest type of charcoal made in Japan dating back 300,000 years. It was widely used in everyday cooking starting from the Yayoi Era. To make this type of 'SUMI' (charcoal) requires a special type of domed kiln made of earth. Logs cut from the Kunugi (oak) tree in Japan are roasted slowly over 12 days during a process that requires extraordinary patience and precision. Once complete, a cut through the charcoal reveals a beautiful KIKU (chrysanthemum flower) pattern. The 'Shokunin' spirit expressed in the crafting of Kikusumi charcoal is the inspiration behind each Kikusumi Black Ceramic knife. The glowing red Kikusumi flower represents the moment of creation, adding an element of beauty to each matte black ceramic knife to inspire the cook’s creativity each time the knife is used.
Kikusumi Black Ceramic Blades contain our proprietary blend of premium zirconium oxide #4 that forms knives 50 times harder than steel. Black Ceramic blades are fired at temperatures above 2700°F forming stronger, denser blades that hold an edge longer than other ceramic knives and stay sharp 10 times longer than steel blades. Each serrated knife blade is ground then sharpened at calculated intervals to create a scalloped blade with points that grab and hold while slicing through even the toughest crusts and fruit rinds. Kikusumi ceramic blades strike the right balance between thinness and strength and make cutting straight easier than ever before.
GRIP + BALANCE + COMFORT
For the the Black Ceramic Collection we wanted to create a seamless handle that is very comfortable to hold so we chose a shape based on a classic Japanese knife handle. The oval handle is equally suitable for left and right-handed cooks and features smooth flowing ergonomic lines. The handle bulges in the just the right place to create a pressure point that allows the fingers to balance the knife during free-flow cutting. This natural mechanism lets the hand relax more as it transfers the right amount of power to the knife blade during the cutting motion. A slip-free tactile handle grip gives optimum comfort while preventing slippage even when wet. This perfect knife balance, combined with good knuckle clearance between the blade and handle, is what makes the Kikusumi Black Ceramic knife so comfortable to hold and use. The more you use it the more you will like it.
TRADITIONAL CRAFT + MODERN TECHNOLOGY
The Black Ceramic Collection is the result of a meticulous design process in which ancient craftsmanship, imagination and new technology are combined to improve on what came before. Each Kikusumi knife is crafted using the know-how accumulated over centuries of knife making. What sets the Black Ceramic Collection apart is the application of this knowledge to a modern material - zirconia. Black Ceramic blades are lightweight yet super strong at the same time. Cutting with a light but strong knife is easier and more enjoyable which makes them the perfect knife for the home kitchen, cottage, college dorm or urban condominium. The minimalist universality of the design makes it equally at home in the modern designer kitchen as it is in a rustic farmhouse.
Sumi-iro, is gray-black and one of the five colors of black used in calligraphy. Sumi is also the Japanese word for charcoal and shares a similar process to the making of black ceramic knives. It is for this reason that SUMI black is one of the core colors of the Kikusumi brand.
Akabeni or BENI red is a brighter shade of red that first came into fashion during the early Edo period Tenpō (1830~1844). Since the Edo period BENI red has developed into a first choice color for modern luxury goods such as the kimono.
7" GYUTO CHEF KNIFE
- slicing + chopping + dicing
- precision cutting raw fish, sushi and boneless meat steaks
- high performance knife for prepping medium to large fruit + vegetables
- peeling + slicing + fine cuts
- fruit + soft vegetables
- easy to handle size for small or delicate jobs
- hulling + seeding + peeling
- strawberries, cherries + stem vegetables
- quick clean rinse, wash and dry
- black blade will not rust or stain
- resists germs
- will not brown foods
- no metallic taste left on food
- does not absorb food odors
- protective knife blade sheath included with each knife