Top critical review
159 people found this helpful
Kill Shot: Not his best work
on February 9, 2012
I was a little hesitant to purchase this due to the less than stellar reviews but Flynn's previous entry in the series, "American Assassin" also received mixed reviews and was very enjoyable so I took the plunge. Unfortunately, not only is most of this book mediocre, I felt cheated on the price. Don't be fooled by the length of the book - the story ends at 72% in. The rest of the 28% is excerpts from every other Vince Flynn book. The end result is a book I was able to finish in a few hours. I definitely expected more bang for my buck and feel cheated by the publisher and author.
As a previous reviewer stated, the plot was less than riveting and some parts of the plot just seem contrived and predictable because the author was at a loss how to move the story forward. The ending was rushed and abruptly dropped the entire story leaving me with a "that's it?" feeling. It feels like the Mitch Rapp series has met it's end and I will probably not be buying the next book unless it has stellar reviews.