Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: KillZone Igloo-XL© 4 Person Ice Fishing Shelter/Ice Fishing tent/Ice Shanty
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports STEM

on January 19, 2010
Purchased this from Killzone for 159.99 with free shipping. Used it twice and love it. Easy set up and tear down (less than 5 min.) The fabric is fairly thick and it can black out pretty good with the window shades on. It comes with 8 ice stakes but I only used 1 on a day with 10-15 mph winds. No problems. Can't beat the price. A comparable clam would cost $300. Good deal for the weekend warrior fisherman.
on January 10, 2011
This shanty is easy to set up, blocks the wind beautifully, and is fairly easy to take down and pack up.
However, after only two outings and careful use we noticed two rips in it already, one at a seam, and another where the poles join.

It's very inexpensive compared with other brands, but beware if you're considering purchasing. The seller's 30 day return policy on this shanty is only valid if you haven't used it.
on January 18, 2011
Quick setup. Durable when set up.. even in windy conditions. Keeps the cold out.. keeps the heat in nicely. The blackouts for the windows give you good options of lighting conditions inside the shelter. Overall I would recommend this shelter to anybody wanting to get out on the ice. COULD hold four people.. but I wouldn't want more than three inside... two people VERY comfortable with PLENTY of room for gear.
on May 15, 2011
This ice fishing shanty is very good quality & very, very roomy inside! It assembles in seconds & is taken down & stored back in it's bag in a matter of seconds. When I opened the zippered doorway and walked inside I was amazed at how large it is inside! This shanty will easily fit 4 adults in it maybe with a small milk crate turned upside down as a table in the middle for playing a board game or cards while fishing. The blackout feature by closing the window flaps makes the shanty very dark inside in the event the user wants to drill a hole right inside and fish from there. There are 4 windows in all giving complete visual coverage of your tip ups. The windows can all be completely removed for lots of air flow if for some reason the user isn't getting enough air from the 2 screened vents with velcro flaps that are positioned up high near the ceiling. The zippered door flap can be velcroed open or completely closed. There are 8 very heavy duty threaded stakes that come in their own pouch with 4 additional caribiners & light weight rope for tieing down more if necessary in extremely windy weather. I cannot express enough how impressed I am with the roominess of this shanty, and also the ability of the user to completely stand up in it with room to spare. I highly recommend this ice shanty to anyone considering buying one! You will not be disappointed!
on December 29, 2010
My son-n-law had this up the first time in 3 minutes, down in less than 2 minutes. He was thrilled with the size. It repacked into the bag quickly. The window coverings detach, but the shade part is attached to the clear vinyl piece making it easy to manage the parts. I feel like we got a real bargain. Oh, and it is so light that I (a little older lady)can carry it.
on October 3, 2011
I set it up in my drive way when I got it, it set up ok, but when I went inside, I could see how shoty it was made, the seams were miss stiched and already coming a part right out of the box. I will be surprised if it makes it one season. I will review again during the ice fishing season.
on January 21, 2012
Purchase this for my older teenage son. 2 rods broke. Used less than 3 times!
Piece of junk. How so I get my money back? What a disappointing Christmas gift!
Does this thing have replacement rods? Can't locate any.
on October 28, 2011
I ordered this on a Wednesday and accepted the normal 3-5 day shipping time. It arrived exactly 48 hours after I had ordered it. I opened it up and it popped up within a minute. I did an inspection and there are no holes, the zipper worked and the shelter is very well constructed.

It is very spacious. You can easily stand up in it. It probably is about 6'5" tall in the center.

I can hardly wait for the ice to freeze. I really want to get on the St. Croix and get some nice Smalley's and Wally's.
on February 2, 2010
The tent has alot of stretch holes in the fabric - right out of the box.
The canvas carrier bag ripped during the first use, while carrying it out on the ice.

It is a decent tent to use if you plan on staying in one spot all day.
on February 10, 2011
This ice shelter is exactly what I was looking for. The price on this was lower than the competition; and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised to find it better than some others I have looked at. It is very easy to set up and take down, but I would recommend using the ice anchors (included) or some form of weight on a windy day. Otherwise, you will find your tent blowing down the lake. Ha! The same can be said for any of the portable shelters on the market.

Note: You will find that (as advertised) there are some pin holes where you can see daylight where the threads are. If this bothers you, then don't buy it, but to be honest it truly is trivial.

See 1 answered question