Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on March 30, 2014
In this charming third diner series, a man dies after eating some cake at the town's bicentennial celebration. Several problems. Victoria, our sleuth and the owner of the town's diner, exchanged "words" with the soon-to-be-dead man moments before he ate the cake. Another problem...Victoria's husband made the cake. As is usual, Victoria and her grandfather aim to clear their names by looking into the case.

This is a solid and fun cozy series, one that I really enjoy.
on August 22, 2015
The Jessica Beck books are nice, light mysteries that aren't particularly well-written. I've been reading them, but am moving on to check out other authors and probably won't finish either series. I don't find the main character especially likable, and she just blunders around alienating all her suspects until one attacks her, proving he/she is the killer. I'm all for light reading, but honestly don't enjoy these enough to continue.
on April 4, 2016
Love this series and I now have all the books (written so far). Hope that this author will continue with this series. Love that she includes recipes too. They're fun to make.
on May 2, 2014
Already a fan of Beck's donut Shop Mysteries, I decided to start reading the Diner series. I have not been disappointed! Fun, cozy reads. I'm enjoying the character development and the recipes!
on October 4, 2016
good read
on October 25, 2014
The dialog was very stilted, the descriptions very dull, the plot predictable. Not great Like Jessica Becks donut series, but the diner series is a little slow.
on October 13, 2015
Good story
on March 17, 2014
Didn't know who did it until the very end! Awesome mystery! Jessica Beck does not disappoint! Great read, great author.
on June 12, 2014
I enjoy all the books that Jessica Beck writes. I have read her other series and look forward to more.
on May 3, 2013
Found this book to be entertaining and it held my interest. I love the characters. Each one adds to the story line. I would recomment this to my fellow mystery lovers.