Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on August 18, 2014
If you are fascinated by medical facts and "it could happen" fiction, you'll love this! I found it to be scary in the delicious shivery way a thriller or horror movie is, but the scariest part is that it is ALL true. It's divided by type - bacteria, virus, parasites, fungus. Some of the things you will learn will have you staring at the book in fascinated horror. I really recommend it to medical book junkies like me :) I will just say one thing more - I will never, never, ever, ever eat raw sushi again. That section makes getting a tapeworm from sushi, as everyone talks about, seem like a mere inconvenience ~shudder~
on March 20, 2014
This was not just one of the best books I have read, but such a good book on the subject. The authors made the difficult subject of diseases and biology readily accessible, putting the topics in layman's terms. I have enough of a background in biological sciences to understand the subject, but this was not just a dense book, it was well-written. I like the historical background of famous scientists, the connections among various diseases, vaccines, treatments, etc. This was just a great book overall that I would recommend for anyone!
on September 22, 2015
I found this to be Avery informative and interesting book about all kinds of germs. My only complaint is that it has not been updated since 2003, which is a pity based upon all of the developments in this field since then.
on July 4, 2016
Excellent information! I thought I knew about the subject, but I understood much more after reading this book. Given the interconnected global world we live in we all need to be aware of how viruses work and why it's important to be cautious when using antibiotics.
on May 21, 2013
This book is a wonderful and at times outright scary look at all those nasty germs and organisms that can kill us. The author has set the chapters out in a logical and easy to read manner. Having a very poor understanding on this subject matter I found the information easy to take in. A great mix of history, scientific facts and scenarios made this book a joy to read. This is kind of book that I know I will bore the hell out of my friends with the new knowledge it has gave me. The world of disease now lays open to me and I plan to read much more about it.
on August 23, 2016
Traced disease back to the beginning of time. Wonderful descriptions and explanations. One does not have to have a degree in any science or 'ology field. If one is concerned about the future -- this book will reinforce your concern,
on September 15, 2010
This was a great book! I particularly enjoyed the historical perspectives regarding the foundations of microbiology. The chapters are organized in a very coherent and logical manner. Whether a layman or familiar with the subject, you will enjoy reading this book tremendously. I read this book on my kindle and found myself making continuous highlights on numerous quotes and analogies, which I found remarkably interesting. I would recommend this book to anyone from high school and up. Oh and this is the first time I am actually writing a review so imagine how impressed I was.
on December 2, 2014
Very good writing style. The Zimmerman Brothers (I'm Assuming) know how to write in such a way that you are never bored even in chapters that may not be of special interest to you. I bought a slew of germ books a few months ago and after starting and stopping a couple I picked this one up and cant put it down. Thank you Zimmerman!
on November 1, 2016
This was very interesting, learning things I wouldn't know to ask about before. Understanding is always helpful.
on February 27, 2012
If you're interested in germs, and history of (micro)biology, this could be what you're after. It starts great, and most chapters tells a horrifying story to get you interested, and it works. But some parts of the book are a bit on the slow side, and could be a bit shorter. On the other side, the book does a great job on explaining the basic biology, and it's not hard to follow. A great book with some minor flaws.