Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Killing Hope U. S. Military and CIA Interventions since World War II Paperback – September 11, 2014
Inspire a love of reading with Amazon Book Box for Kids
Discover delightful children's books with Amazon Book Box, a subscription that delivers new books every 1, 2, or 3 months — new Amazon Book Box Prime customers receive 15% off your first box. Learn more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
- Item Weight : 1.39 pounds
- ISBN-13 : 978-1783601776
- Dimensions : 6.18 x 1.38 x 9.13 inches
- ISBN-10 : 1783601779
- Publisher : ZED BOOKS LTD; Revised edition (September 11, 2014)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #160,720 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Jay Fitzpatrick "Best Served Icy"
Top reviews from other countries
I had to put it down after almost every chapter as it made me so angry and depressed. Blum has accumulated a wealth of evidence that gives substance to so many things I have believed for quite some time and brings into question so many things we take for granted in our view of the World.
Das Inhaltsverzeichnis (ich habe mir erlaubt dieses mit *** zu zensieren, da es sonst nicht durch die Rezensionenkontrolle kommt):
1. China 1945-1960: Was Mao Tse-tung just paranoid?
2. Italy 1947.1948: Free elections, Hollywood style
3. Greece: 1947 to early 1950s: From cradle of democracy to client state
4. The Philippines 1940s and 1950s: America's oldest colony
5. Korea 1945-1953: The proper English spy
6. Albania 1949.1953: Was it all that it appeared to be?
7. Eastern Europe 1948-1956: Operation Splinter Factor
8. Germany 1950s: Everything from juvenile delinquency to terrorism
9. Iran 1953: Making it safe for the King of Kings
10. Guatemala 1953-1954: While the world watched
11. Costa Rica mid 1950s: Trying to topple an ally, part I
12. Syria 1956-1957: Purchasing a new government
13. The Middle East 1957-1958: The Eisenhower Doctrine claims another backyard for America
14. Indonesia 1957-1958: War and p****graphy
15. Western Europe 1950s and 1960s: Fronts within fronts within fronts
16. British Guiana 1953-1964: The CIA's international labor mafia
17. Soviet Union late 1940s to 1960s: From spy planes to book publishing
18. Italy 1950s to 1970s: Supporting the Cardinal's orphans and techno fascism
19. Vietnam 1950-1973: The Hearts and Minds Circus
20. Cambodia 1955-1973: Prince Sihanouk walks the high wire of neutralism
21. Laos 1957.1973: L'Armee Clandestine
22. Haiti 1959-1963: The Marines land, again
23. Guatemala 1960: One good coup deserves another
24. France / Algeria 1960s: L'etat, c'est la CIA
25. Ecuador 1960-1964: A textbook of dirty tricks
26. The Congo 1960-1964: The assassination of Patrice Lumumba
27. Brazil 1961-1964: Introducing the marvelous new world of death squads
28. Peru 1960-1965: Fort Bragg moves to the jungle
29. Dominican republic: 1960-1966: Saving democracy from communism by getting rid of democracy
30. Cuba 1959 to 1980s: The unforgivable revolution
31. Indonesia 1965: Liquidating President Sukarno...and 500.000 others East Timor 1975: And 200.000 more
32. Ghana 1966: Kwame Nkrumah steps out of line
33. Uruguay 1964-1970: Torture - as American as apple pie
34. Chile 1964-1973: A hammer and sickle stamped on your child's forehead
35. Greece 1964-1973: F*** your Parliament and your Constitution, said the President of the United States
36. Bolivia 1964-1975: Tracking down Che Guevara in the land of coup d'état
37. Guatemala 1962-1980s: A less publicized "final solution"
38. Costa Rica 1970-1971: Trying to topple an ally, part II
39. Iraq 1972-1975: Covert action should not be confused with missionary work
40. Australia 1973-1975: Another free election bites the dust
41. Angola 1975 to 1980s: The Great Powers Poker Game
42. Zaire 1975-1978: Mobuto and the CIA, a marriage made in heaven
43. Jamaica 1976-1980s: Kissinger's ultimatum
44. Seychelles 1979-1981: Yet another area of great strategic importance
45. Grenada 1979-1984: Lying - one of the few growth industries in Washington
46. Morocco 1983: A video nasty
47. Suriname 1982-1984: Once again the Cuban bogeyman
48. Libya 1981-1989: Ronald Reagan meets his match
49. Nicaragua 1978-1990: Destabilization in slow motion
50. Panama 1969.1991: Double crossing our drug supplier
51. Bulgaria 1990/Albania 1991: Teaching Communists what democracy is all about
52. Iraq 1990-1991: Desert Holocaust
53. Afghanistan 1979-1992: America's Jihad
54. El Salvador 1980-1994: Human Rights, Washington Style
55. Haiti 1986-1994: Who will rid me of this turbulent priest?
56. The American Empire: Post Cold War
Appendix II: Instances of Use of United States Armed Forces Abroad, 1798-1945
Appendix III: U.S. Government Assassination Plots