Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Foo Fighters GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 7,171 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 8,159 reviews
on September 15, 2017
A very well-written, well-considered book. There were a lot of facts in the book about Kennedy as well as his assassination that I did not know about. I read several of these books and enjoyed each of them.
on September 3, 2017
Very interesting, but does not provide much information that I didn't already know sadly enough.
on September 17, 2017
Okay...
on April 12, 2013
This is a real toughie for me.....haven't finished it yet but will eventually.... I was about 27 years old when President Kennedy was murdered & was totally devasated.....I lived in the East Bay (CA) at the time, had supported his election, had two young chiledred about the ages of his children, had seen him in person twice. I was a supporter of his! So with that background it's been somewhat difficult for me to read & finish the book....I will finish it eventually.......I'm a bit surprised, that after all these years, it is still painful to recall those awful days........My political views have changed since then & I had thought I'd breeze right through the book.... not so......
on September 15, 2017
Love this book, loved this man!
on February 21, 2015
The book is an entertaining read with an amazing amount of detail. However, there are weaknesses in the research. The chief source for the Vietnam coverage is listed as Noam Chomsky, linguistics professor turned propagandist, who has been called out by critics as prominent as John Silber for inaccuracy. The chief source for Kennedy's philandering is sensational journalist Seymore Hersch, also noted more for propaganda than accuracy. I don't doubt the philandering, but I would prefer a more reliable source. Even with these limitations on the background research, the book is still worth reading.
on February 13, 2013
I wanted to read this book because 1.) I really liked Killing Lincoln and was hopeful that this book would be just as good and 2.) I wanted to see what O'Reilly and Dugard would say about the Kennedy assassination conspiracy allegations / accusations. Killing Kennedy is definitely well researched and the O'Reilly / Dugard style of writing is very readable / enjoyable. This book contains a well developed timeline and describes very well most of the key people surrounding or participating in the event. However, the book does NOT address any of the 'still lingering' conspiracy theories, pro or con. This was very disappointing.
on February 18, 2015
I have followed Bill O'Reilly on his TV show for years and like it. So I decided to read Killing Kennedy as I am intrigued by this assassination, which stands out as one of the biggest crimes of the 20th century... and still unsolved as far as I am concerned. O'Reilly and Dugard do an excellent job of filling in the years just prior to the assassination and I never really knew the incredible extent of JFK's infidelity to Jackie. He also does lay ground work for a number of individuals / organizations to have very good reasons for Jack and Bobby Kennedy to be dead. It is obvious, because that is the sequence of events O'Reilly describes, that he subscribes fully to the "lone gunman" theory of JFK's shooting. There are just too many unanswered questions and too many troubling facts to just accept the fact that Oswald acted totally alone. There's lots of highly unbelievable conspiracy theories out there... some quite laughable (like John Connolly turned around shot JFK with a pistol). However the facts were that the Kennedy family was on its way to a political dynasty at the top of this nation and the free world and there are hidden powers that be that just couldn't let that happen. For JFK, Bobby Kennedy and MLK Jr all to be assassinated within a 5-year period is no coincidence. These three men could have changed the course of history for the better but that was not allowed to be. Bill O'Reilly does a disservice to history, to this nation and to the pursuit of truth itself with this book. I shall not bother to read his others.
on May 25, 2013
I think John F. Kennedy being the handsome youngest President we had up to that date,
was so charming and charismatic, we did not wish to see any of his bad traits.

That he was a serious womanizer and cheater may not have impacted his Presidency,
but it sure gives you a feeling of distrust in the man, how could it not?

He was a good man, a flawed man and this book is well written and researched
and shows aspects of the man Kennedy really was.

The Cuban missile crisis as it was known, was interesting to read how Kennedy
(behind the scene) stood up to Castro and Khrushchev and handled a very tense
and possibly worse situation.

If you are looking for some rare in depth details about President Kennedy's Assassination,
I am not sure if this book will fascinate you or just retell basically the assassination
details almost all of us already know. The days leading up to and Oswald's back story is
interesting.

A fast read and some unknown facts and well written.
on November 19, 2013
Interesting read. I've read one other book on the Kennedy assassination, Seymour Hersh, "The Dark Side of Camelot." Good book.

As to my review of this book, I realized that O'Reilly was leaving every reader to their own conclusions. So what else do you do with an unsolved murder mystery? I liked JFK--however, I didn't particularly care for RFK. He can still make the hairs on my neck stand up--something very cruel there.

I don't want to get off course here, but I've always thought that, Joseph Kennedy, through his unrealized social ambitions, sent both his sons to their deaths. You lay with dogs you get fleas or even in this case much worse. Joe Kennedy Jr. was killed in WWII. He was the son his father's light shone on. JFK was physically sick fairly much of his entire life--yet, he was thrust into the political arena by Daddy Dearest.

Just my inane thoughts. Anyway, price is good if you download to your Kindle. I'm 65--never in my lifetime.