Workplace Solutions Best of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Presto! Laundry Stocking Stuffers Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 71 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on November 4, 2004
Okay, I will admit it. The appeal of this movie lies in the positively torrid sex scenes. While some of the scenes are quirky and others even odd, most are enjoyable. You can't really even call them "love" scenes. These are rip your blouse off, knock the dishes off the table, and get down to business scenes.

I can't EVER figure out a whodonit type mystery and, in this movie, I did. The plot does twist and turn, keeping you interested, but the ending is somewhat predictable. The real suspense in this film is when you are wondering when the two lead characters are going to be tearing each others clothes off again.

I would put this DVD in the same genre as Original Sin, Eyes Wide Shut, and 9 1/2 Weeks. If you own any of these others, this will add nicely to your collection.
on January 1, 2016
If you want to see some good sex in a film, ignore the hoopla on this DVD and see KEN PARK or NOW & LATER instead. The sex in those films looks real --- supposedly because it is. I like Heather Graham since seeing her in TWIN PEAKS, but this film is only worth seeing if your only interest is in seeing her partially nude.
on March 2, 2012
When I first saw this movie I bought it on VHS from big lots for .99 cents. I enjoyed it from the beginning till the end. Great movie for movie night with your lover. It kind of turned me on.... :)
on February 23, 2006
From time to time a movie comes along that draws you in, leads you down dark side streets and delivers you in a surreal, yet disturbing place. This film didn't do that. Sorry. There are moments of greatness, but most of that greatness is expressed with the script. A good script and interesting story is of course very important in any film, but the emotion of the performers must be felt for any of that to matter. "Killing Me Softly" just didn't seem to have that push and pull from the cast. I am a Heather Graham fan and I will say that she exuded a pleasant cuteness that can and will draw you in, if you let it. I just never bought the love she supposedly felt for Joseph Fiennes. I never bought that she was so bored with her life that a risky affair seemed necessary. The affair begins so quickly and with so little buildup that she seems to be more of a wh*re than a lovestruck, bored woman. Overall, the film moves at a decent pace and does have a few nice surprises. It's definitely not a bad film, very watchable (once only) but not one I would toss into my bag to take to a desert island.
on January 9, 2004
I hate being critical of this film because I love B movies, but this movie is bad. Really bad. Heather Graham is a beautiful woman, especially nude, but other than that this movie has nothing going for it. The acting is terrible, the plot is terrible, and the nudity is nothing you can't get from Boogie Nights. The only reason this movie gets two stars is becuase Heather Graham does great in the sex scenes despite the director failing to focus on her sensuality and just settling on getting her naked.
on June 18, 2014
This is the most embarrassing piece of trash I have seen in a long, long time. Those two leading characters need to hang their talentless heads in shame for daring to foist this noxious experience on anyone.
on September 4, 2015
Watched this movie on Prime & loved it so much that I bought a copy to keep around in the event the internet is down. I love Joseph Fiennes & this is one of my favorite films he has done. He is super sexy in this film, as is Heather Graham.
on September 7, 2013
I am puzzled by some of the very critical reviews here. I would not describe this as "softcore" erotica, but as a somewhat erotic thriller. Heather Graham is luminously beautiful, both when clothed and nude. The sex scenes are somewhat titillating, more so (I suppose) if you like to see the male controlling the woman while being a bit out of control himself (not my cup of tea). Being a heterosexual male, I find Ms. Graham's body to be absolutely stunning, and would never tire of seeing her nude. But there is plenty of tension here, in this thriller tale. Highly recommended.
on September 4, 2014
This movie is described as a thriller but falls pretty far short of what most people think of as thrilling. It was predictable, making it even less thrilling, and came off as more of a cheap romance novel. Seriously, if you are looking for something other than just a story of torrid romance, don't bother with this movie.
on October 6, 2014
Must see picture if you can get it at an affordable. The money and time viewing is made worth it by Heather Graham. Have always thought Heather was very attarctive and this catches her at her prime of life. the movie itself will pleasantly surprise.