Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 22, 2012, 5:11:28 AM PST
Is anyone else having difficulty with this? About every three or four days I am asked to redownload this Bible before I can read it. Are there any Bibles for Kindle that don't require multiple downloading? This is very annoying if I am in a place with no wifi.
Thank you..

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2012, 8:34:04 PM PDT
Denyutali says:
Go to Project Gutenberg and you will have one for the Kindle for free. Download and keep it forever!

Hope this helps.

Denyutali

Posted on Oct 25, 2012, 5:37:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 25, 2012, 5:40:07 AM PDT
Hiflyer says:
The navigation in mine is awful. When I select GOTO and Page Or Location, it defaults to Page and will only accept a page number. If I select "Location" to type a book's abbreviation it just reverts to the previous page. If I select MENU and INDEX it always goes to 1ch 29 11 to 1ch 29 9 Page. A useless glitch.
Only "GOTO" "ESV Bible" can get you to the Contents, and then to the book's chapters.
I should add, this is in a Kindle Paperwhite which should respond like a Touch, I would have thought.
Guess it's what you get for free!

Posted on Oct 3, 2013, 5:50:01 PM PDT
J. Phillips says:
just purchased a Paper White after my 1st gen Kindle died (after 4 years). downloaded the ESV and it keeps giving me "notes" when I touch a chaper. I deleted and re-downloded three time with same result. I also have ESV Study version, which works fine. Really disappointed.

Posted on Jan 16, 2014, 7:33:46 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 18, 2014, 6:49:00 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 16, 2014, 2:47:11 PM PST
Denyutali says:
I am just glad that I can have my Bible in the Kindle. I am not upset at anything. In fact it is even wonderful that they have attempted to insert even the comments. Which gives them extra credit, the way I see it.

Posted on Feb 19, 2016, 7:49:58 AM PST
This ESV Bible app worked great on my kindle accessible devices until a few weeks ago. The only text that appears is the titles. All other text is little circles. I've tried removing the Bible and reinstalling and still the same issue.
Sue
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Feb 22, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 19, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about