Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 368 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 391 reviews
on December 7, 2011
Great "in other words" Explanations - of course you can find operating instructions on your Kindle Fire - however, consider this: A wonderfully written Kindle Fire operating manual you can use at the same time you are working on your Kindle Fire!

This is my key reason for having a useful "Dummies and Reference Guide" that you can turn the actual paper pages as you work on your Kindle Fire. This guide gives you great illustrations and explains more than what you have on your Kindle Fire.

INTERESTING TIP: In this book you'll find you can download to your computer and then print it out as a manual, or print out just the pages you would like to. You'll get it in about a minute - it will be saved on your Amazon Cloud and on your computer and on your Kindle Fire.

If you are use to the "Dummies" style books you will appreciate the way it is written and that you don't need to read it from cover to cover; just go to the part you need information on.

Enjoy your Kindle Fire even better with this book!
1111 comments| 293 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2012
The "Kindle Fire for Dummies" did not quite come up to my expectations. It covered the basics fairly well, but I had thought that it would go into much more depth than it did. I still have many questions about the Kindle Fire that have gone unanswered. Of those questions:
1. How do I go about sharing a book between me on my Kindle Fire and my wife on her Kindle Fire. I could not find anything on that topic and I surely don't want to have to purchase the book twice, especially since that feature is part of the Kindle Fire marketing material.
2. What's the difference between reading a book from the "cloud" and one that was downloaded?
3. When a book is "downloaded" to one of our Kindle Fire's, why does the Kindle Fire come back with "No wi-fi connection" when we attempt to continue reading that book. What happens when you are in a car, or airplane and there's no wi-fi connection available. If the book is downloaded, it shouldn't require any wi-fi in our thinking.
These are some of the questions that I had expected to be answered when I purchased the "Kindle Fire for Dummies", but were not covered. Therefore, I'm disappointed in this purchase.
Bill C.
on March 6, 2012
Amazon clearly hopes that I'll use my Kindle to buy lots of content from them...and I will. The manual that comes on/with the Kindle is perfectly sufficient for managing this content and, yes, I suppose if you haven't jumped into the joys of swiping and twitching, the book may provide a good guide. But if, and this is what I had hoped it would do, your purpose was to find out how to get content from all the free sources out there -- not just Amazon -- for example Project Gutenberg -- and then how to manage THAT content on your Kindle...good luck. This book doesn't mention any of these wonderful sources and doesn't provide you with any assistance for how to manage to get that content onto your Kindle. I'm not surprised Amazon itself doesn't include this information but the book should have. Despite Amazon's hopes for my purchases their phone support was just wonderful in helping me learn how to copy/paste/upload mobi files. I'm so glad because this book wasn't anything more than a base level copy of Amazon's already quite clear instructions.
on March 22, 2015
This book like all of the other (several) Dummies books I've read or used for reference in the past are excellent.
And usually entertaining as well. The dummies series are written without the "expert attitude", of typical reference books.
They give you the information you need without insulting your intelligence. Or trying to impress you with $100 words that you have to look up somewhere else.
on August 2, 2013
Please note:

In our opinion, the book was nothing more than a huge sales pitch for Amazon products. It did not help to show us how the

Kindle worked - it did not go into any detail or specifics about how to start or to use the Kindle. In short, there were a lot of

generalizations, but no specifics. We both found it of no value to us and are very disappointed in the book.

The Kindle was given to us by our children; but, because we have not been able to read much about its use, the

Kindle has sat idle. We did download the Kindle 'Tips, Tricks and Traps' on to our Kindle, because that looked helpful -

but we have trouble reading at length from the Kindle (we are in our mid 70's and require a hard copy rather than

reading from the Kindle). We contacted Amazon and said we were willing to pay for a hard copy of "Tips, Tricks and Traps'

but your representative said that was not doable.

In short, after this experience, we would not purchase such a product from Amazon for ourselves. If you are wondering what

could be done (other than returning the Kindle) we would request, at the minimum the hard copy of "Tips, Tricks, and Traps".

Sincerely,

Rita & John Flannery
(301) 865-4073
on February 1, 2012
Not done reading the book just yet, but it relies very heavily on screen shots from the Kindle.

The problem is that the pages are really too small to comfortably accommodate the screen shots, which are so integral to the flow and understanding of the text. The result is contant "squinting" at the pages, and an inabilty to fully read/discern all the screen shots.

Otherwise, the book seems to be simply and clearly written. Bottom line: I purchased the book online; had I thumbed through it ahead of time, I would have opted for a book in a larger, more-readable format. I did find that the book is quite concise, however, snd did not have much of the "puffery" and verbiage associated with many books in the Dummy series.
on April 16, 2012
I have owned many "For Dummies" books over the years and have found that most, if not all of them, seem to forget their own title. This one is no exception. While it does meet certain needs, such as getting you up and going, but then you can do that right out of the box. The only real complain I have is that this book, along with others, is they are not quite detailed enough. They said things like, with such and such screen open you do this, but in the case of some folks, they may not know how that screen got opened. They should write as if the person who purchased the book knows nothing about that subject. However, having said all that, I have found the book to be a big help in that this is my first purchase of a tablet of any kind. By the way, I do love my Kindle Fire.
on March 3, 2015
The book was and is totally useless. It was a waste of money. Hands down. I went looking for the basics- where to load a amazon.com card or how to put my Kindle on airplane mode. Useless. I will not be buying any self help book like this again. I ended up asking the 9 year old little boy down the block for help and while he doesn't have a kindle, within minutes, he figured a few things out and gave me a very informal but quick tutorial. I bought him a McDonald's food card and with his mother's permission, I have his home phone number on my phone.

By the way..The only reason I gave this review one star is because it wouldn't let me submit this without putting something down. What a rip.

Incredible.

Peggy Converse
on August 21, 2017
Not clear enough for me to be able to relate. Felt it was not kept up to date with current available versions of product. Chapters/headings were not stated in language I can understand I am not of the tech generation.
on May 31, 2017
When you have a kindle fire you have questions about it then this book is for you.