Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 395 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 666 reviews
on December 13, 2012
Really glad I got this....worth the read just for instructions to access camera for free which you cannot access without buying an app if you didn't research. Some great tips. This is my first tablet (kindle) and this book has helped me to enjoy it more. I was not happy with the fact that the camera was only on one side and I couldn't access it at first (advertised as having camera--deceiving when compared to other devices). Book gives you some good free apps to get started.
on May 2, 2013
I am a new user and except for a few minor tips that could be gotten from an internet serach I found the book very basic and not worth the money. Included in the book's price was - supposedly - a link to get a PDF of the "Best Kindle Fire HD Apps Guide Book". However, I have tried several times to input my email address as directed, and nothing happens... I don't get a link to the promised book. I bought this book instead of other kindle fire user guides becasue I also wanted the free apps book. save your money.
on June 2, 2013
I found this book provided little use for me. It told me about things I could do with the Fire HD, but very little instructions on how to do it. When it did give me instructions, it didn't match what I saw on my screen. I will go to Google to find how to find and use the camera. Maybe Kindle updated it's system but the info in the book did not match. I will check out future books in an actual bookstore before buying . Glad this book was inexpensive.
on November 24, 2012
At first glance this book seemed too simple for me with 20 plus years in tech. Then it hit me..I could have been getting things done a lot easier if I had this book from before. Don't let the style of writing fool you this book has a ton of good info in it and for me the help on getting Flash to work was worth more to me than what I paid for the book. Only error I found is that the link to the Dolphin Browser HD in the Flash section was incorrect but the first link worked fine. Great book, well worth the price!
on December 25, 2014
I love the 7" Kindle Fire HDX! I've had it for about 7 months. Before that I had a Nook Color and I loved that one too. The problem with that is their books are more expensive and within a year my Kindle will be paid for with what I saved by buying Kindle books! I can do everything on it that I want to, from reading my books, surfing the net to watching videos and so much more. I very much like the ability of being able to organize my books with the collections feature. I was able to do that with the Nook and was concerned I wouldn't have that on the Kindle, so pleased it is! It's light weight and easy to take anywhere with me. I could not be happier with this product! Thank you Amazon!
on January 30, 2014
When I received my Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 I knew I would be lost for awhile. So, I looked up guides to help me to getting started. So, I went to Amazon and started looking at what was available. You see I was coming off of an IPad! Browseing through Amazon and found the Kindle Fire HDX and HD User's guide. And, decided to buy it, just from the front cover that was very appealing. I had it sent to both my new tablet and my old Kindle so I could read it from my old Kindle and work through it on my new Kindle! Great idea! I sat down and read through it first and learned so much more information about my new Kindle that I was very helpful I learned so many new things that my Kindle could do that I was unaware of! I got very excited with all the information in the guide was so worth it! It helped me acclimate to my new Kindle. I just followed it and was ready for playing and using my new Kindle! And, the price was very, very reasonable I suggest that everyone that is new to a Kindle fire to purchase one! I am so glad I did, I love it!!!
on September 13, 2013
This guide describes a number of things that simply do not match what my Kindle displays. From downloading a free app from Amazon to where the notifications are supposed to appear to using Flash...I set out to set this tablet up and after an hour of tearing my hair out I have to put it down and return later. This guide has some info in it but don't expect it to have what you need to fully utilize your tablet.
on December 4, 2013
2 years ago, I purchased the 7" Kindle Fire and like it very much. In October, I noticed Amazon was selling the 8.9" Kindle Fire for the exact price I paid to the 7" tablet and decided to buy one. It is the best decision I have ever made! It has so many possibilities for learning, enjoyment and fun that were not available on the 7" tablet --- and I'm still learning --- for a grandmother this is really cool!!! I would encourage anyone interested in a tablet to get this deal --- it can't be beat.
on July 29, 2013
I got this for my mother. The machine has worked flawlessly but I would exercise caution as far as learning curve. Some will find it easy to use. For those "totally" new to tablets, there is a learning curve some might see as being harder than expected. Amazon clearly has a winner here and if I'm ever in the market for another tablet around my house, I know this will be the one I'll get instead of the considerably pricier IPad 4. The lack of "how you use it" once you unpack it has proven to be a major undoing in regards to getting one for my mother who's not what we'd call tech literate. If you're looking for the easiest to use tablet out of the box, accept the up-charge for an IPad. For those who're looking for a lovely screen, fantastic sound, and a company that's great to work with all at a fair and honest value, the Kindle HD is the one to choose.
on August 16, 2014
I HAVE USED THE ELECTRONIC USER GUIDE A COUPLE OF TIMES AND IT WAS HELPFUL. HOWEVER THAT WAS THE FIRST PUBLICATION THAT I PURCHASED FROM AMAZON AND WAS DISAPPOINTED TO FIND OUT THAT IT WAS ON THE DEVICE RATHER THAN IN A PAPER COPY. I'M FROM THE OLD SCHOOL AND WOULD RATHER LOOK UP SOMETHING IN PAPER THAT I CAN REFER BACK TO RATHER THAN USING THE ELECTRONIC GUIDE. THAT IS WHY I RATED IT LOWER THAN NORMAL. I'M SURE THE INFO IS GOOD IT IS JUST HARDER FOR ME TO FIND THE APPROPRIATE LOCATION IN THE MANUAL ON THE DEVICE THAN IN PAPER. BECAUSE OF THIS I WOULD NOT ORDER OTHER INSTRUCTIONAL ITEMS FROM AMAZON IF I COULD NOT GET A PAPER COPY.