Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by The Lone Bellow Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 120 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 150 reviews

Initial Setup: Activating your tablet
User Interface: Getting used to everyday functions
Quick Settings: Controlling the tablet's basics
Settings: Understanding more advanced settings
How To: Tips uncovering features that didn't come with the tablet
Accessories: Recommended purchases

What's good about it?
An easy read, well organized, and contains valuable facts and tips.

What's bad about it?
It won't cover all the minor details that you will get with a 200-page guide.

What I thought about it:
For the price, it's just about the perfect little manual. I liked how it's formatted properly, navigates easily, goes over everyday functions, and gives useful tips.

This is not for you if:
You want to know every little detail about the Kindle Fire HD.

This is for you if:
You like a simple manual to refer to, pick up several good tricks, see recommendations on how to use and protect your investment.
on November 2, 2013
This book was ok but one third of the tasks can not be done. There are some dead links in this book as well and one action is claimed as impossible to carry out on the Amazon Kindle Fire HD. Don't waste your money as you can find these tips from a simple web search.
on June 29, 2014
2 +2 =4 ? I don't know what to talk about hmm, the book or how to talk!!!!!!!!! PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD SAY!!!!!!!!! I am going to teach you how to talk OK !!!!!! First you talk!!! hmm now what should I talk about!? Is there a good book!!!!!!!!?????? Please say this is a helpful review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????????????????$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 2+2 =22
on April 5, 2013
I'm glad that I was able to get this book for nothing with my Prime membership. I would have been upset if I had to pay for it. It is extremely basic and it's what should be with the Kindle when it arrives. That being said, I just received my Kindle Fire and it is still charging so maybe they include something like this on the Kindle itself. We'll see. I was anxious and wanted to read about it BEFORE it came. (I have a Kindle 2) Patience is not one of my virtures.
on December 26, 2012
This book actually really helped me with my kindle. I did learn new this I didn't know about my kindle I have. And if you read it while your on your Kindle, it can lead you too the websites needed to show you what the author is talking about. I believe at this book does deserve a five star for the help it has given me. The person that I would want to recommend this book would be any new owners of a kindle fire.
on March 13, 2013
I had just bought this book thinking it would be more helpful. I didn't think it was worth buying. I recently bought another that was definately more useful.
Don't waste your money on this.
on April 28, 2014
I find this book to be very helpful. It has tricks that will help you with your Kindle. And since the Kindle does not come with a user guide this book does that for you.I find myself going back to it time after time looking for something and finding out how to do something. You are given tips and tricks for the Kindle, which are very helpful. A great book to get!
on September 21, 2013
The only thing wrong with this book is that I didn't have it when I first got the Fire. As a new user who did not own a smartphone, it took me bit to be able to do more than read books. I should have had this booklet! These days I am pretty good with it, but I still learned a couple of things.
on January 11, 2013
I live 45 minutes away from a library, and I figure it costs me $8.00 in gasoline to go back and forth to pick up a physical book from my library. With the Kindle Fire HD I can stay at home and if I can't find what I want in the library, I feel I'm getting a book for free from Amazon, even if I have to pay $7.99 for it!!!!
on December 24, 2012
Didn't help much I already figured out most of this stuff. It would have helped when I first got it though.